This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
i've played around with it for a bit, and for some reason HMS crashes the game after using it for a bit and SMS only sometimes causes crashes in specific conditions. also, is there gonna be any tutorial like you did for v2 for v3?

seems like SMS is alll sorts of broken in chaos
the game seems to think you're both in match and co-op, the 200+ rings warning and HMS panic message appears along with the music playing
but you can also just transform into HMS with 50 rings minimum, not 300
(please excuse my fumbling around trying to get the rings, I thought of a genius idea where I'd just use the dropped silver rings to bring me back to 50 so I don't have to go collect more)
what's NOT shown in the gif is that you can't haymaker enemies

i've played around with it for a bit, and for some reason HMS crashes the game after using it for a bit and SMS only sometimes causes crashes in specific conditions. also, is there gonna be any tutorial like you did for v2 for v3?
3.0 has simpler controls, with his character description laying out the majority of the moves available. Most of the information in the 2.0 - 2.5 tutorial is still relevant to how SMS fundamentally works, other than the walljump (which has a very simple concept that is told in the character select description) and new menu options, making another tutorial is pointless.

Last edited:
srb20002.png
SMS breaks in 2.2.12/13. The mod makes normal Sonic yellow. I believe This only happens when warping to a new stage, But it effects level packs like SRB2TP and the OLDC packs. In this image, I have none of those loaded. It's an issue with the mod itself.

View attachment 100690SMS breaks in 2.2.12/13. The mod makes normal Sonic yellow. I believe This only happens when warping to a new stage, But it effects level packs like SRB2TP and the OLDC packs. In this image, I have none of those loaded. It's an issue with the mod itself.
This is a detransformation bug since the release of 3.0, it is unrelated to 2.2.12/13 (SMS natively supports the new 2.2.12/13 features). Considering this is an extremely minor bug, and Shine has gone on modders vacation I don't think this will be fixed for a good while.

maybe consider using the image scaling feature or just cropping the photo its unreasonably large

srb20021.gif

Sms's Dodge is more like a spin attack into any enemies and a face plant into any incoming projectiles!

Also a strange and funny amount of bugs appear if you add v2.5 and v3 together! Though i suppose that is to be expected...

hi, this is some top notch stuff, but theres a recurring issue where whenever i load sms and some other modded characters in, all the characters will turn yellow after the first act. im on mac btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manging to haymaker into a statue-diguised egg gladiator (?), or the lance wielding guys in CEZ2 creates this error, SMS only added, verison 2.2.13
1696569592550.png

Golden Shine updated Super Mystic Sonic [SMSreborn v3-0: Reborn again!] with a new update entry:

Polish, Chaos Mode, and...MORE speed?!

A question oft repeated throughout history: "What if <insert character> used xmomentum plus an OP custom transformation? Could they beat SMS in a race?"

...the answer's no. Duh. But what if SMS was the one abusing xmom? Now you can try that for yourself! I made some minor gameplay improvements and fixed Chaos Mode while I was at it.

Oh. And I've fixed the most-reported bugs that affected other characters. Those were the main reasons for this update, actually. Hopefully now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FR FR they should add wall running where you run on the roof and just the wall in general
Why would you even want that? I can't see a situation that isn't extremely specific or just a inferior method to traverse sections without losing height. You have multiple methods like ringbursting, slope jumps, and the already versatile walljump already at your disposal.

Unless you're trying to traverse a slopeless, extremely long hallway with a bottomless pit, it seems like a band-aid solution to fact you aren't willing to get creative. I'd recommend watching SMS tutorial #1 and #2 (slightly outdated, but helpful) to get a real feel for what the character can do, before trying to request any features.

Why would you even want that? I can't see a situation that isn't extremely specific or just a inferior method to traverse sections without losing height. You have multiple methods like ringbursting, slope jumps, and the already versatile walljump already at your disposal.

Unless you're trying to traverse a slopeless, extremely long hallway with a bottomless pit, it seems like a band-aid solution to fact you aren't willing to get creative. I'd recommend watching SMS tutorial #1 and #2 (slightly outdated, but helpful) to get a real feel for what the character can do, before trying to request any features.
The answer is obviously the "Rule of Cool".
It's not a good answer. But, I wouldn't assume that someone would ask for a feature like this for any practical reason.

It's not a good answer. But, I wouldn't assume that someone would ask for a feature like this for any practical reason.
Cool, but not practical. SMS, next to being 1:1 with sonic in media, is all about being practical while making it look cool. A wallrun, while absolutely cool, isn't practical if it's superseded by so many other moves. It does look a LOT cooler if you use similar moves as a replacement, horzontial ringbursts do look pretty awesome if I'm going to be honest.

I can see why and understand the request, but it seems like wanting a wallrun is a bad solution.

Cool, but not practical. SMS, next to being 1:1 with sonic in media, is all about being practical while making it look cool. A wallrun, while absolutely cool, isn't practical if it's superseded by so many other moves. It does look a LOT cooler if you use similar moves as a replacement, horzontial ringbursts do look pretty awesome if I'm going to be honest.

I can see why and understand the request, but it seems like wanting a wallrun is a bad solution.
Wall jumping in SRB2 was already a step above the norm. Wallrunning is something else. I don't agree with its addition either, unless someone can prove its use for a character elsewhere.

FR FR they should add wall running where you run on the roof and just the wall in general
I've wanted free omni-directional wallrunning for a long time, actually! It's not impossible with my current experience, but it's still a huge undertaking requiring endless bug fixing+polishing, a massive Lua setup, sprites, and control tweaking.

SRB2 levels being extremely varied and not designed around wallrunning is also a big issue I could never work around perfectly.

Truth is, I'm not ready to put up with the jank and timesink. SMS being this fast makes the ability even more jerky and unnecessary too, so it's better suited for a slower character. Princess Plushima created the best wallrunning currently, so try that if you're curious!
srb20429.gif

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/wido-the-wild.2865/

There's also a somewhat specific and janky all-character "Half Pipe" mod that requires slopes build around it.

Nothing wrong with wanting it, though! Even if I probably can't/won't do it, I do appreciate the feedback!

And goddamn, if the number 1 rule of SMS isn't the Rule of Cool.

srb20851.gif

(This is Chaos Pack, btw. The levels in it are even cooler than the base stages in the Chaos Mode mod)

Anyway, I'm relying on you guys to report further issues! I had more skills I never got to complete for SMSreborn v3.0. If you guys find enough issues for me to have to make another update, it'll be more likely we'll see those come to light!

Like how I forgot Chaos Mode uses TOSS FLAG in multiplayer games to throw rings to other players. So SMS throws away some of his rings if you use Toss Flag for the Atom Dive/Crouch. Not a massive issue, WEAPON PREV is an exact copy of TOSS FLAG for SMS, but I'll keep it in mind if I need to make another update!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back