Welcome to the SRB2 Message Board!
- The SRB2MB is 13+. If you’re under 13, we appreciate your enthusiasm and love for the game, but we have to obey legal regulations. Please feel free to return when you’re old enough!
- No flaming or trolling. Be kind to each other! Don’t instigate or try to bait negative behavior.
- No bigoted language allowed! This includes things that are commonly used as slurs, or things like racially charged language. This community is made up of mixed company, and people from all sorts of backgrounds, ethnicities, identities, and orientations are welcome here. Treat each other with respect, even if they’re not familiar concepts to you. Seek to build bridges, not put up walls.
- Keep personal arguments off of the SRB2MB. If you believe an issue with another member is important enough to require moderator action, make a post about it in the Talk to the Moderators forum. Only you and the forum staff will be able to see your thread.
- Politics, religion, or other hot-button or sensitive issues, are not to be discussed here. It’s not that we don’t care about these topics, of course! It’s just that this isn’t the right place for those discussions. This is a community for discussing a fan game.
- The forums are not the correct place to vent about your life. It’s not that nobody cares, it’s just that it’s not the right place for it. We may lack context or the resources to help you the way you deserve.If you're in need of remote counseling, research BetterHelp and similar services.
For discounts on counseling services, research OpenPath Collective.
For government mental health services, dial 211 in the US.
For suicide hotlines, review this international list and FAQs.
Or, you can use the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741.
There is also a Games and Online Harassment Hotline which you can reach by texting SUPPORT to 23368.
- Do not post explicit sexual or violent content, or discuss pirating material.
- No spam. Do not make pointless topics, one-liners, polls, or forum games. Even if you think it’s funny, try to keep the forum pleasant and easy to read for everyone.
- No advertising outside of signatures.
- Do not ask for netgames in the forum. Please use #netgames on the SRB2 Discord server instead, or browse current netgames on the Master Server.
- Do not backseat moderate. It is our job to lock topics and ban users, not yours. If something concerns you, make a post about it in the Talk to the Moderators forum.
- Do not bump topics pointlessly. Make sure your post adds something to the discussion.
- Read the FAQ and search the Wiki before asking simple questions. They are probably already answered there.
- No posting about project plans without proof that you have started.
- Do not ask people to make things for you, or request certain mods or features. If you have a suggestion for the SRB2 developers, we have a Suggestions thread related to the game. If you want to learn, there are plenty of resources if you search. If you have questions, you are welcome to use the Modding Help forum. Plenty of people will be happy to point you in the right direction.
- Avoid making “what if” topics. A “what if” topic looks like “Hey wouldn’t it be cool if Shadow was in the game?” The lines between an interesting discussion topic, a pipe dream, spam, and a thinly veiled mod request are blurry but not unidentifiable. Think twice before you make a post of this nature, or it might end up being deleted to cut down on fluff.
- This community thrives on creative content. Be respectful to those who create and refine it. Keep comments and criticism constructive. The difference between constructive and destructive criticism is seeking to build someone up and encourage their creativity, versus putting them down and making them feel bad for sharing it. Everyone is welcome to share their art, whether they’re an accomplished creator or just starting out. People’s first projects are rarely masterpieces, and that’s okay. Everyone is here to grow!
- No plagiarism. If a release is not marked as reusable, you MUST get permission from the original author before posting about modifications of their work, and give credit. This includes unofficial ports, files themselves, and also screenshots of the modifcation.
- Do not ask where to find files without looking through the Releases subforums and searching on Google first. Older files can be found in the various Outdated Releases subforums. If you still cannot find something you know existed, and you know was not rule-breaking, you are allowed to make a post about it in the SRB2 Discussion subforum, as long as you describe what it is in as best of detail as you can.
- If you wish to submit a mod, you must use the Addons & More section. Here are instructions for how to use it. Please read the Submissions Guidelines and Filename Conventions before posting your mod.
- Financial transactions are not allowed on these forums. While we won't stop you from doing commissions outside the forums and posting the results here, you are strictly on your own and we will not intervene on anybody's behalf if a deal goes bad.
- All posts must be in English. Posting in other languages makes it harder for staff to moderate, and most users will have to use translation software to understand you anyway.
These rules aren't a contract: they're a reflection of a culture. There is no hard line and there are no loopholes. Be constructive, be kind, and take it easy; if you can do that, you'll probably enjoy your time here and make good friends!
If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to ask an administrator via private message, Discord, or make a post about it in the Talk to the Moderators subforum. Once again, your post in there will be viewable to only staff, so you have privacy to talk about what you need to.
Please do not worry about wasting the Moderators’ time. We are more than happy to address any issues that you think might need our attention. We volunteered for this because we love this community, and telling us when something may be wrong lightens our load. Otherwise, we’d just have to deal with it later down the line.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. Accounts generally may not be closed, however, staff will scrub personal information from your account if you contact us.