This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Here's my own data for comparison, and to make this easier for others!
____________________________________________________________________________________
GFZ1 modless: 400-ish gamelogic 80 / 80 FPS
(Basically your best possible FPS and gamelogic value. I want to see how much this varies per device.)
____________________________________________________________________________________
Minor FPS loss: 6~10k gamelogic 60~75 / 80FPS
(I was in a die.pk3 war. This is how you start wars, btw. You could even stack wars if you're insane.)
Huge FPS loss: 35k~40k gamelogic 25~35 / 80FPS
(I used Mystic Realm CE, OLDC 2023, Chrispychars, RushChars, SA-Sonic, Samus, StephChars, Team Kinetic, Mario Bros, Chaotix, and spamming nuclear HMS explosions in die.pk3 wars)

The mods used aren't important. Just how big your FPS drops were at which gamelogic values. (It also helps to know if you're on mobile, and what your max FPS setting is.)

I want to experiment with I/O saves going forward, so there's a good chance I'll update SMS's save system and then implement a perma-low-graphics option. I SHOULD mention your own effects aren't rendered in as detailed for other players. SMS players put more strain on their own games than that of others.

This update will be a long while from now on, though! So for now, lower the graphics manually whenever it's needed.
Oh well, guess for now ill have to wait another 3 months, or even years till that update comes up. I just hope SMS gets refined at its best performance wise, because it is a bit laggy, as if there wasnt enough laggy characters already, that even exceeds the value that i myself define as a red area, but by a huge difference, like Elfilin, Speedster, MaxControl, Chaotix, and even Rchars, and some others.

Most only get up to 4k, be it idle, or doing stuff, but some exceed that and can easily reach over 5-6k, like Aether from Silverhorn when doing her sword thing, or Vesola when spamming the flowers.

Or if it wasnt enough, Dirk's early versions when updated for 2.2, he even dropped fps as a whole in general, i can only imagine how big the gamelogic would had been, probably even worse than everyone else combined, if he already lowered the fps, in a rather heavy way.

Ha, cool avatar.
926612592754032661.webp

Other than running in circles without bumping into anything, charging a spindash and doing a dodgeboost is the classic player-discovered method of doing Comet Haymakers in close quarters.

srb20002.gif

I actually had to program that back in deliberately when 3.0 accidentally fixed the jank causing the glitch in the first place.
WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!? HOW THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT :O

To anyone reading along, want to run some tests with perfstats set to 1 and tell me at what "gamelogic" values you're seeing FPS drops?

It'll help me know what to shoot for without blindly guessing when some people's devices would start frying.
on gfz1 without any mods at around 500 gamelogic my fps is 35/35,

I have minor fps loss at 25k (down to 20 fps out of 30) (spawned 2 wars in die.pk3)
major fps loss is anything around 30k gamelogic (down to 5 out of 35, same conditions as last time, even worse as HMS when spamming moves, causes around 40k to 50k gamelogic with very consistent frame drops under 15 fps)

In this Gif i recorded the mods i have, in order to start doing the tests.
I only have my hangout pack due to having enough space there, SMS v3, and my server pack, which has admintools, online plus, banskin, speedometer, and 4 other miscelaneous stuff that only adds about less than 200 to the gamelogic.

Do mind the gamelogic at all times, how my map consumes the same than GFZ 1 does in average, having the benefit of a long ass corridor to run around

Check how SMS always stays around 2k when just running, and rises up to 4k when spamming moves, specially HMS, and also how my fps randomly drop once i start sprinting and spamdashing at the same time with him when im HMS. (Assuming that, for what you said, i had the full graphics config, because default SMS config).

if anyone is interested, I made a TAS with SMS recently, I hope it's ok to post this and doesn't break any rules here:

If you're wondering: I used v3 version of SMS, could not use v3.1 because I already started with v3 and trying to use v3.1 caused desyncs as early as GFZ1.

if anyone is interested, I made a TAS with SMS recently, I hope it's ok to post this and doesn't break any rules here:

If you're wondering: I used v3 version of SMS, could not use v3.1 because I already started with v3 and trying to use v3.1 caused desyncs as early as GFZ1.
These SMS TAS speedruns are by far the most insane, chaotic, and impressive TAS runs seen throughout all of SRB2. You occasionally do TAS runs of other characters, would you say Super Mystic runs are much more difficult, or easier because they don't take nearly as long?

this error appears if you try to use godbreaker in match, afterwards you can't use it
I've also had it happen in co-op before but only once and I can't seem to replicate it
1706411840397.png

These SMS TAS speedruns are by far the most insane, chaotic, and impressive TAS runs seen throughout all of SRB2. You occasionally do TAS runs of other characters, would you say Super Mystic runs are much more difficult, or easier because they don't take nearly as long?
They're harder because it's quite tricky to control SMS even when frame by frame, and at the time I didn't have your "TAS Sunglasses" lua file that removes the VFX so it was nearly impossible to see anything, but if you ignore VFX problem and mainly focus on the character then I'd say he's quite tricky to TAS compared to most characters in the game.

this error appears if you try to use godbreaker in match, afterwards you can't use it
I've also had it happen in co-op before but only once and I can't seem to replicate it
View attachment 110289
Ahhh...that's fair. I haven't tested SMS in any gamemode other than Coop for a looooong time, so I'm somewhat surprised I didn't get piled with more bug reports for it. There'll be a fix upcoming sooner or later, promise! So hit me with anything you find until then.

They're harder because it's quite tricky to control SMS even when frame by frame, and at the time I didn't have your "TAS Sunglasses" lua file that removes the VFX so it was nearly impossible to see anything, but if you ignore VFX problem and mainly focus on the character then I'd say he's quite tricky to TAS compared to most characters in the game.
Buuut he's more FUN to TAS, right? ...riiight?
1194604075522723933.webp

Playing characters like Amy or Fang in slowmotion sounds like it'd be a real nightmare, anyway. I have trouble staying awake playing those at full speed. Good way to cure insomnia.

Im trying to do a normal wall jump but it keeps on making me do a straight one
A 180-Wall Jump? If so just when jumping and hitting a wall let go from all movement controls and press jump
You'll do a Wall Jump and the camera will snap 180° degrees and will line you up to Wall Jump on the next wall that was behind you.

A 180-Wall Jump? If so just when jumping and hitting a wall let go from all movement controls and press jump
You'll do a Wall Jump and the camera will snap 180° degrees and will line you up to Wall Jump on the next wall that was behind you.
you can also hold back and tap spin and it'll do it

Werid, maybe try seeing what you doing wrong. Or see what mods you had on, other then that level pack?

Btw, SMS hasn't been updated in a moment. So he's bound to have alot'a glitches.
thx i need to update my game and mods, btw the only other mods i putted was like sa-explosions and proper superforms and some others

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back