This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
If anyone is curious about the actual origin of this mod's name, it's because the original version was named revised abilities. Said original version was essentially a sandbox where I included whatever I felt like trying out at the time and as a result the mod was all over the place and often entirely tossed out character movesets between updates. Once I finally decided on a rough draft of the final ability set I decided to "remake" the mod under a solid foundation. The remake was initially titled Rerevise until I noticed you could rearrange the letters to spell Reveries; I liked that name more because it's slightly less generic.

Anything else named reverie(s) is entirely unrelated.

Last edited:
If anyone is curious about the actual origin of this mod's name, it's because the original version was named revised abilities. Said original version was essentially a sandbox where I included whatever I felt like trying out at the time and as a result the mod was all over the place and often entirely tossed out character movesets between updates. Once I finally decided on a rough draft of the final ability set I decided to "remake" the mod under a solid foundation. The remake was initially titled Rerevise until I noticed you could rearrange the letters to spell Reveries; I liked that name more because it's slightly less generic.

Anything else named reverie(s) is entirely unrelated.
other than the name

srb20000.gif

Doesn't seem like Meta Knight agrees with Reveries as his dash mode refuses to activate with this mod loaded in

Katmint updated Reveries with a new update entry:

Minor bugfix - Reveries v3s

There were a few issues with the RushChars sol transformation, so I've corrected those.

I've also included the ability to swap between super and sol forms for characters that support both. Once you've fulfilled the conditions to attain both forms (50 rings, all 7 chaos and sol emeralds) press the fire button while transformed to swap to the other form.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Howdy, just letting ya know with the stronger gravity this makes some addon maps uncompletable such as the First level in Sol Sestancia, is there perhaps a way we can toggle it on and off manually?

I love this mod but I noticed that meta knight can't enter his dash mode state when using this mod.
Post automatically merged:

So, luigi can do this.

Attachments

• srb20014.gif
    srb20014.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I've been playing V2 for a long time, Tails was so fun to speedrun, idk how I didn't notice this got updated until just now, but I personally like the old Tailspin behavior better than the new behavior. Sure, the momentum stop can be useful, but I feel like Tails was super fun to speedrun in v2 cuz you had to aim the twirl carefully to avoid bonking a wall but at the same time it kept your momentum and could be used for epic badnik bouncing. I mean, just look at this:

Great for speedrunning.gif

As compared to this:

srb20050.gif

I mean, sure, Tails isn't really meant to be a speedrunning character, but I just felt like V2 Tails was just the perfect speedrunning character, with a nice balance of risk and reward and tons of speed to boot. V3 just feels... slow. It's such a minor change, but it feels so different. And yeah, V3 does have a few strats of his own involving the Tailspin, for example:

A c c e l e r a t e.gif
Goop Dive.gif

But most of these could already be done with V2's tailspin:
Acc2.gif
GD2.gif

...But hey, what if you combined them? What if you did a V2 Tailspin if you held a direction but did a V3 Tailspin if you didn't? I feel like that would be cool. Oh yeah, it would also be cool if you brought back the second flight burst lol

Btw, completely unrelated, but Fang is broken as heck
srb20048.gif

It's still a great mod, and I'll still use it, but I'm just saying I liked Tails' old Tailspin better (and also that Fang is broken). Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Individual shield file + lite version update

This mod has been sitting neglected for a while because I got tired of dealing with lua limitations and moved the main project over to a custom build. However, the shields and "lite" physics of this mod are still relevant so in addition to splitting the shields into their own file I've rebranded reveries lite to rphys lite and made some updates to it.

I don't feel like making a changelog, but you can read the overview post for what each...

HOT FRENCH BREAD

Here's a hotfix for the lite physics and a small update to the shields.

Changelog (rshields)
  • Fixed using shield abilities while having the spin flag causing various bugs
  • Added a sound effect to the force stasis release
  • Force stasis now allows you to redirect momentum downwards by pressing jump
Changelog (rphys lite)
  • Fixed roll control being inverted at very high speeds (there's apparently an overflow somewhere in the hardcode, smh srb2)
  • Corrected...

Please don't feel offended for me saying this, but I do not like the fact that everything was removed from the main mod except for the new shields.

I disappear randomly for two months and then randomly come back to this? Disappointment.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back