[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
there is an error with metal sonic in his model is that when he does the spindash it is done like this

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
HMMMMMMMMMM
Post automatically merged:

They wouldn't let me add another one so here

That moment when MC meets XMom

Attachments

• srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 160
  • srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 133
  • srb20010.gif
    srb20010.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hey guys! V2.0's gonna be awhile, but I got a couple devleaks for 'yall here.

I'll be making heavy use of v2.2.9's sprite scaling for squash & stretch to make various animations feel bouncier/snappier.
srb21967.gif

srb21965.gif

Certain enemies are gonna be a hell of a lot more scary...
srb21970.gif

Spindashing has a neat new visual effect that can help with telling when it's fully charged without having to wait for sound cues. On the final rev, the aura will grow significantly larger.
srb21971.gif
I wonder, how is the development of this going?

Frostiikin updated [v1.2] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul with a new update entry:

V1.3: The "2.0 is taking way the fuck too long" update.

Hey all. I know it's probably a bit disappointing that you're getting a simple compatibility+bugfix update instead of the long awaited v2.0, but I still have loads to do before that's ready to launch, so here's this. Has one major feature from v2.0 added in here however, that being that I re-coded the momentum system from scratch and ditched cobalt's momentum mod. This way, momentum will be far more consistent, and things such as ice will no longer totally break it. Also had mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

for some reason, when I become hyper as nasya, she doesnt have SMS abilities, she can just fly and attack, and well, have planets n' shit attack, and that's all, I just feel pretty much underwhelmed because of that

This is a great mod, I enjoy it a lot, but there is one problem. Tails' md3 model doesn't load when blueshoes is on. Is there any way this could be fixed, or maybe a reason why it happens?

Attachments

• srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    285 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
This is a great mod, I enjoy it a lot, but there is one problem. Tails' md3 model doesn't load when blueshoes is on. Is there any way this could be fixed, or maybe a reason why it happens?
If I remember correctly, the reason why it happens is that Blue Shoes Tails is a completely separate skin from normal Tails.
That'd be because the only color that can be easily changed is his fur color, not his shoe color, which in this case was remedied by making a duplicate with different shoe colors!
Technically that inconsistency could be fixed if a model was made for him too, changing his shoe color-- or if some "second color" stuff was included/applied. (I think that would work? And I think that was the name of that function/mod?)
As of now the closest thing you can do is copy the files of the Tails model and renaming the copy to blue shoes tails' skin name, but that won't keep his shoe color.
Hopefully that at least clears it up!

If I remember correctly, the reason why it happens is that Blue Shoes Tails is a completely separate skin from normal Tails.
That'd be because the only color that can be easily changed is his fur color, not his shoe color, which in this case was remedied by making a duplicate with different shoe colors!
Technically that inconsistency could be fixed if a model was made for him too, changing his shoe color-- or if some "second color" stuff was included/applied. (I think that would work? And I think that was the name of that function/mod?)
As of now the closest thing you can do is copy the files of the Tails model and renaming the copy to blue shoes tails' skin name, but that won't keep his shoe color.
Hopefully that at least clears it up!
Ah, thanks! I may try to look into it to fix it myself now, thanks for your help!

(Edit)
I got it finally, for anyone wondering, just do what RoimWolf said, "copy the files of the Tails model and renaming the copy to blue shoes tails' skin name" (the skin name is BlueShoesTails) and just go into paint.net or any editing program and just hue-shift the textures of the shoes in BlueShoesTails to blue, and put "BlueShoesTails PLAY/BlueShoesTails.md3 3.0 0.0" (without the quotes) into the models.dat file. I'll attach some examples just in case.

Attachments

• example1.PNG
    example1.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 244
  • example2.PNG
    example2.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 219
  • example3.PNG
    example3.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 203
  • srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    359 KB · Views: 184
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    361 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
What happened to Tails between 1.2 and 1.3.1?
(Also I wish his downward thrust was more responsive, but that's unrelated)

Attachments

• srb20214.gif
    srb20214.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 128
  • srb20215.gif
    srb20215.gif
    5 MB · Views: 166
What happened to Tails between 1.2 and 1.3.1?
(Also I wish his downward thrust was more responsive, but that's unrelated)
Oh god, what the fuck? I'm genuinely not sure what caused this, i'm gonna have to look into a fix... Guess I really shouldn't have rushed out v1.3 like I did :V

Oh god, what the fuck? I'm genuinely not sure what caused this, i'm gonna have to look into a fix... Guess I really shouldn't have rushed out v1.3 like I did :V
Commenting out the "return true" on line 206, or giving him some pw_tailsfly (so he's not forced into tired animation), and uncommenting "p.charability = CA_SWIM" on line 795 (stops pw_tailsfly from counting down and affects some physics stuff?) seems to bring him back to normal. These were added/changed from 1.2.

I think the player's gravity is hardcoded to be lower if they're in S_PLAY_FLY or S_PLAY_FLY_TIRED state and have CA_FLY as their charability.

Last edited:
Commenting out the "return true" on line 206, or giving him some pw_tailsfly (so he's not forced into tired animation), and uncommenting "p.charability = CA_SWIM" on line 795 (stops pw_tailsfly from counting down and affects some physics stuff?) seems to bring him back to normal. These were added/changed from 1.2.

I think the player's gravity is hardcoded to be lower if they're in S_PLAY_FLY or S_PLAY_FLY_TIRED state and have CA_FLY as their charability.
I am... extremely confused as to how those were even changed. Must've been me attempting to do some re-coding super late at night...? No idea, but i'm gonna do a bit more testing this time then actually post the update

Frostiikin updated [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul with a new update entry:

I swear to god if I missed any more shit...

Removed VanillaSonic entirely, and fixed tails' flight. Really learned my lesson about rushing out updates here, definitely not doing that again in the future. Everything VanillaSonic was here for previously can now be done via the console command "togglexmomentum". I actually did quite a bit of testing this time around, so with any luck, this should be the last 1.3 patch.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm honestly really embarassed about how much stuff I managed to miss, I hope it doesn't come off as me not caring about this project any more, since I absolutely still do. I just really wanted launch-day compatibility with SA-Sonic, and kinda fucked myself over because of that.

Last edited:
"togglexmomentum" makes Tails (and anyone with CA_FLY) forget how to fly, and Fang unable to use his gun. :dramahog:
It also doesn't disable Sonic's hyper abilities, if he turns super and had at least 150 rings before xmomentum was toggled. Sonic will permanently forget how to thok if he does this, even if xmomentum is turned on and off again.
Oh god fucking damnit... I thought i'd done enough testing this time, but guess I was wrong... urgh, lemme try to make another patch...

Sa Sonic doesn't have Xmomentum support for me. When he runs, he doesn't gain speed what am I supposed to do the mod of Sa Sonic is updated to the latest version and so is Xmomentum. What do I do to fix it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back