[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Readd VanillaSonic, and replace Tails' flight bursts with SA1-styled flight. I fucking hate the flight bursts and think they ruin Tails completely. Also make this compatible with ChrispyChars' tricks better.

Readd VanillaSonic, and replace Tails' flight bursts with SA1-styled flight. I fucking hate the flight bursts and think they ruin Tails completely. Also make this compatible with ChrispyChars' tricks better.
I honestly think the flight bursts are an good momentum keeper

Also chill out ya dont need to come here and just demand her to do all of this

I honestly think the flight bursts are an good momentum keeper

Also chill out ya dont need to come here and just demand her to do all of this
Sry, I was tired and pissed off.
Ya' know what? I got an idea. Hold jump after jumping to SA1 Tails flight, and tap to make him to do flight bursts plz. That way, everyone wins! But plz make this compatible with ChrispyChars' tricks better, that would make the mod just a bit better. Ok maybe not a bit, but yea. I'm Sorry for being like that, @Frostiikin, but as I said, I was tired.

Last edited:
Sry, I was tired and pissed off.
Ya' know what? I got an idea. Hold jump after jumping to SA1 Tails flight, and tap to make him to do flight bursts plz. That way, everyone wins! But plz make this compatible with ChrispyChars' tricks better, that would make the mod just a bit better. Ok maybe not a bit, but yea. I'm Sorry for being like that, @Frostiikin, but as I said, I was tired.

Tell me, why do you think the flight burst "ruin" Tails completely

To me I think it's perfectly fine

(Although slight bias because I did all of the record attack emblems for Cyberdime Realm with him)

Tell me, why do you think the flight burst "ruin" Tails completely

To me I think it's perfectly fine

(Although slight bias because I did all of the record attack emblems for Cyberdime Realm with him)
I was having one of my days where I was semidelusional. I HAVEN'T HAD A GOOD NIGHT'S REST IN SEVEN FUCKING YEARS!

That WAS the answer to the question. I actually really like the, As I said I WAS FUCKING SEMIDELUSIONAL!

Could you stop with the caps locks

Cause 1. I really don't believe you and 2. That wasn't an explanation, that was an excuse. So please kindly and calmly explain

Could you stop with the caps locks

Cause 1. I really don't believe you and 2. That wasn't an explanation, that was an excuse. So please kindly and calmly explain
1. Flight "Bursts" and Tails seem weird together. And 2. I only asked for the different flight because the bursts seem weird with Tails.
And 3. Yeah, I'll stop with the caps locks.

SA-Sonic can easily break after flying because the trick system thinks you just launched of a spring or off a slope and if you decend to the floor using spin he wont stop being in the trick state unless you fall off a ledge (also it looks pretty funny seing him spin around on the floor)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-210110_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126-210110_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 178
First, wanted to come by and thank you Frostiikin for all of the work you've done on this project as it has made SRB2 way more enjoyable for me!

I do want to second the sentiment that some others have put forward in the past that it would be nice if the custom movesets for characters were a separate mod (separate characters maybe?)
This is because while I really like Sonic and Tails' moveset changes, I am not much a fan of Amy or Fangs' (mostly the amy thok/the runnin and gunnin Fang can do.) Everything related to momentum and its changes are excellent and if I wasn't forced into the moveset changes I think I would like them a lot more. But above all I absolutely love the trick system!
Very fun mod all things considered.
Again thank you very much for the work you've put in on this,
Camille​

SA-Sonic can easily break after flying because the trick system thinks you just launched of a spring or off a slope and if you decend to the floor using spin he wont stop being in the trick state unless you fall off a ledge (also it looks pretty funny seing him spin around on the floor)
Which version of xmom are you using?

I noticed player.normalspeed isn't updated at all while spinning, which leads to some strange physics. Ring count in these .gifs is my current normalspeed, in the second .gif I uncurl then recurl in the half-pipe.

Attachments

• srb203332.gif
    srb203332.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
  • srb203362.gif
    srb203362.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 133
Frostiikin updated [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul with a new update entry:

Incredibly minor & insignificant update that very few people will care about

Added an alternative to SPR2_SHIT for trick failure sprites, SPR2_OOF_. If i'm being honest, I never really expected xmom to get as big as it did, and was absolutely not expecting as many mods to end up supporting it as they did. I know that not everyone may want to have cursing within their mod, even if it's just in the files, so this is just a solution to that potential issue. Aside from that, 1.3.4 is identical to 1.3.3. Old mods that use SPR2_SHIT will still function just fine, this is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Frost may I humbly request an option to make it so that only the funni meme trick failure sounds play?

Does SA Sonic have Xmomentum Support now?
I keep asking cause I would love to see SA Sonic go past his speed with Xmomentum.
Please tell me he has Xmomentum support now.

Does SA Sonic have Xmomentum Support now?
I keep asking cause I would love to see SA Sonic go past his speed with Xmomentum.
Please tell me he has Xmomentum support now.
If I recall correctly, SA-Sonic has XMomentum support only in a technical sense.
By which I mean, he's NOT supposed to be affected by Xmom's changes and that's intentional on both ends.
I believe it was mentioned in both the development thread *and* the release's discussion thread by the developer(s). While I'm not sure of the latter, I know it was in the former.

If I recall correctly, SA-Sonic has XMomentum support only in a technical sense.
By which I mean, he's NOT supposed to be affected by Xmom's changes and that's intentional on both ends.
I believe it was mentioned in both the development thread *and* the release's discussion thread by the developer(s). While I'm not sure of the latter, I know it was in the former.
Ok thanks for answering sorry if I kept asking Sa Sonic to me just felt left out on all the momentum gaining with this mod so I wanted him to also have xmomentum support. Hopefully they give Sa Sonic momentum support in the future.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back