This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

MikeTheDigiFloof

Creator of Online+
I've been wondering about releasing this mod or not but I've decided to release it anyways to see what would come from it, so here it is

This mod adds in a few features to make SRB2 Play similar to Freedom Planet. This mod includes new objects (Shield gems, crystals, petals and more)
A toggable health system and two test maps (MAPFP and MAPFD)
The zipfile also contains a mod which holds a changed level of the old GFZ1 which was to test how the mod would fair in an actual level (Replaces MAP01)

The mod's commands:
gemsneeded - Sets how many gems are needed for each 1up - 200 by default
fphud - Enable or Disable the custom Freedom Planet hud - On by default (admin command)
fpnewtype - Change the rings text in the Freedom Planet hud - On by default (admin command)
fphealth - Enable or Disable the health system - Off by default (admin command)

The reason I'm posting the mod in its current state is because I've no longer got use for it and that I'll be using its objects in another mod of mine, but I'd hate to just get rid of this mod without giving the community a go of it.

Planned Updates:
Shield Meter - Collecting 5 orbs will give you a shield, depending on the colour of the orbs
Shield Orb Monitors - rotates through the different coloured orbs
Ability Meter - Will have default uses for the main characters, but custom characters can make use of the ability meter
More hud styles - These will be listed when I get the ideas for them

Before you ask: Download has been moved to the mod's overview page

Attachments

• srb20162.png
    srb20162.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,834
  • srb20163.png
    srb20163.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,447
  • srb20164.png
    srb20164.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 965
  • srb20165.png
    srb20165.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 907
  • srb20166.png
    srb20166.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 982
Last edited:
I sure hope someone designs hard levels around this, because 17 free hits is serious business.

Anyway, welcome to Releases!

Honestly I've always wanted to see what would Freedom Planet be like in 3D. I even thought about seeing Lilac in SRB2 (even if the her mechanics wouldn't be easy to translate in 3D).

Thanks for that mod and I hope it would be useful for Freedom Planet themed wads

Balanced in Ultimate, easy everywhere else.
I like it though, makes it fun and challenging instead of unfair and challenging.

Very good, but the only place that i can play with the new modes is in Greenflower act 1...
cuz when i play in other levels, don't appear the shards or petals, and too that the other levels to try this are blocked and i need to unlock them...

Hey, I remember this from the 2.1 days! This mod got me to try out Freedom Planet for the first time back then.

Some good news, I've been playing some of the beta of Freedom Planet, and I've got a few new ideas, so expect some updates to this mod!

Planned:
Shield Meter - Collecting 5 orbs will give you a shield, depending on the colour of the orbs
Shield Orb Monitors - rotates through the different coloured orbs
Ability Meter - Will have default uses for the main characters, but custom characters can make use of the ability meter
More hud styles - These will be listed when I get the ideas for them

I sure hope someone designs hard levels around this, because 17 free hits is serious business.

Anyway, welcome to Releases!

Yeah, 17 hits does seem to make things a little too easy, so I might add a double damage command or something, just to lessen the amount of hits but keep the health meter code the same

Well I thought I might try this with the new Mario mod strangeily a death bug came when I use fphealth

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back