This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I found a minor issue - looks like singular (but not grouped) diagonal springs use 2.2's default graphics for three of their rotations, instead of the custom star spring graphics.

SRB2-Sonic-06-2-2-Port-Spring-Error.gif

Regardless, I had a lot of fun with this one!

You just made me start going through this pack, even though I wasn't interested in it. I don't know how far you've come, but this is really the most suitable port in recent times.

Ah, that brings back memories. Now we just need ports of the Sonic Adventure and the Sonic Heroes mods.

Really enjoying the level pack, although I feel like it really needs to be better optimized. The framerate becomes very bad at a lot of points, and I think lowering the resolution of some textures or something could fix this.

This isn't an awful port, but it has a lot of problems. Mostly from the huge drops in framerate when going through chunks of the levels, the biggest example being tropical jungle that was terrible. If you can fix the lag and some of the visuals, I would like the port even more. But right now I'll give it a 2.5/5.

This isn't an awful port, but it has a lot of problems. Mostly from the huge drops in framerate when going through chunks of the levels, the biggest example being tropical jungle that was terrible. If you can fix the lag and some of the visuals, I would like the port even more. But right now I'll give it a 2.5/5.

Completely agree with this, that's really my only gripe with the pack.

Awesome port! Everything looks great.

Ran into a handful of issues; namely framerate tanking in Tropical Jungle. Additionally, Mephiles would glitch out and vanish for me, had to use console commands to skip that fight.

Awesome port! Everything looks great.

Ran into a handful of issues; namely framerate tanking in Tropical Jungle. Additionally, Mephiles would glitch out and vanish for me, had to use console commands to skip that fight.

I did not understand the issue with Mephiles, can you please give more detail here?

This is great! The level design here is pretty solid, especially considering it uses Sonic 06 as a base. I'm glad you chose not to keep the level design 1:1, that would've been a disaster.

Playing this highlights 2 things about 06 to me:

1) The music was awesome
2) The art style was atrocious

Seriously, what were they thinking? Realism and Sonic just... does not work.

Played past Crises City so far.

One of the more amazing packs I've played for this game, many rooms are highly detailed and are absolutely huge (to the point where you spend a lot of time just exploring). The framerate so far has been no problem for me when OpenGL is used (I have a GTX 1060 6GB pared with a Ryzen 2700X).

I never played the original Xbox360 game even though I have the console, maybe that is a good thing because there's no major issues to be found here. As with anything this large there is room for improvement, for instance, it would be neat to see Sonic 06 enemies in places rather than the standard SRB2 badniks. I also wonder if it is possible to recreate Crises City's fire tornado as well.

I couldn't for the life of me find the first switch in the jungle, I always found the second one and went nuts trying to find the first. I even switched to Tails and Knux to search and search and climb up the wall, I didn't find the switch, so I went in deeper.

Please I still and searching......

Have you thought about implementing the hub in some way for this mod? I don't think it would actually improve anything, but considering how, erm, "iconic" it was to the original game, it might be a fun inclusion. Maybe as a playground of sorts after you beat the game?

Have you thought about implementing the hub in some way for this mod? I don't think it would actually improve anything, but considering how, erm, "iconic" it was to the original game, it might be a fun inclusion. Maybe as a playground of sorts after you beat the game?

There is a "level select" for this. Is not it so?

EDIT: oh, I think I understand what you mean

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back