foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots

[Open Assets] foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots 1.7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
hey fox sometime when bots die, they don't respawn in multiplayer even when I put in infinite lives they don't respawn (I got a laptop btw :)

Oh no! An update! See the v1.5 changelog for more info.

Among other things, this version adds support for all vanilla character abilities, which should improve custom character support a little. For example, Shadow now works out of the box:

srb20322.gif

For characters that still don't quite work right, a new command was added to override their AI:
In addition, the "leader" logic was rewritten so that multiple bots can follow the same leader using a nice line formation (similar to having bots follow each other before, but with less hassle). The leader can now cycle their following bots with Weapon Next / Prev keys (default Mouse Wheel), and inspect their following bots with Weapon Select keys (default 1-7):

srb20338.gif

And of course, there are a plethora of other tweaks and fixes, but nothing too crazy.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• srb20309.gif
    srb20309.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 132
  • srb20319_c.gif
    srb20319_c.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hey guys.if anyone didn't i reccomend using the bots in srb2ware. they work perfectly and half of the time i lost to them. The only minigames that you would win either way is the gun fight and the up the hill! besides that there fun!

Hey fox it's me again, so a multibots mods just came out and there a bug when we spindash the bots just to the wall in spindash instead.

It's update o' clock! Check out the v1.6 changelog for details!

This version adds support for v2.2.10, including new addbot, alterbot, and removebot commands for managing bots in-game:

srb20351.gif

These bots have a server-configurable per-player limit (default "2"), as well as the option to reserve a player slot for new players (default "On") to ensure new clients are able to join games with many bots active. See the changelog for more info on the new console commands. The old setbot methods using real clients / splitscreen continue to work as before, in case you'd like to be a bot yourself or simply prefer using multiple game instances to manage your bots.

This version also adds support for swapping characters with your bot(s), via pressing Fire while inspecting a bot with the Weapon Select / Next / Prev keys:

srb20358.gif

Please note that the bot must not be player-controlled, and must be standing near you. AI-controlled bots will also swap characters with each-other back to their preferred character, if appropriate (shown above). You can always cycle your bots with Weapon Next / Prev in case you'd like to see them following in a particular order.

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Attachments

• srb20349.gif
    srb20349.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 107
  • srb20348.gif
    srb20348.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
This is a great mod! I've been using it for over a year and it's satisfied me every time. One issue I have is the bots going super. Having each one drain your rings is fun, until having a lot just drains them all in one go. If possible, can you make the ring drain from each bot optional? Having 2 other bots and having max rings already drains at a considerable rate. One other thing. The bots seem to be following each other in a chain. I tried the setbot command in 1P, but it just said that it would make ME follow myself. I want each individual bot to follow directly behind me if that makes sense. Is there any way I can fix this? Again, great work on this. Very satisfying.

Currently trying to figure out how to work the add bot thing if yall know how it works and if it needs all the columns filled or not please contact me or just reply
Post automatically merged:

Nvm just found out by looking at past posts
After yet more investigation it turns out I need to port all these github files to my game to and that's already hard because copy and paste is terrible when scrolling on Android and I don't even know how to convert that to Lua so best thing for me to do rn is try again tomorrow

Last edited:
After yet more investigation it turns out I need to port all these github files to my game to and that's already hard because copy and paste is terrible when scrolling on Android and I don't even know how to convert that to Lua so best thing for me to do rn is try again tomorrow
Turns out I just needed 2.2.10

_20220725_105716.JPG

Damn, what the hell, why can't I add a bot, am I doing something wrong?
Although I seem to write the command correctly addbot (skin) (color) but I get a WARNING: ...o blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| attempt call global 'G_Addplayer' (a nil value)
stack trace:
...o Blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| lua/VL_foxBot. lua:921 in function ‹...o Blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| lua/VL_foxBot. lua:815›

_20220725_105716.JPG

Блин, какого черта, почему я не могу добавить бота, я что-то не так делаю?
Хотя я вроде правильно пишу команду addbot (skin) (color) но получаю WARNING: ...o blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.пк3| попытка вызвать глобальный 'G_Addplayer' (нулевое значение)
трассировки стека:
...o Взрыв 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.пк3| луа/VL_foxBot. lua:921 в функции ‹...o Blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.пк3| луа/VL_foxBot. Луа:815›
If that I play on version 2.2.9

Last edited:
View attachment 73334
Damn, what the hell, why can't I add a bot, am I doing something wrong?
Although I seem to write the command correctly addbot (skin) (color) but I get a WARNING: ...o blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| attempt call global 'G_Addplayer' (a nil value)
stack trace:
...o Blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| lua/VL_foxBot. lua:921 in function ‹...o Blast 2/addons/L_foxBot-v1. 6.pk3| lua/VL_foxBot. lua:815›

If that I play on version 2.2.9
Update to 2.2.10

hey fox sometime when bots die, they don't respawn in multiplayer even when I put in infinite lives they don't respawn (I got a laptop btw :)
type ai_telemode 0 there now they should respawn

Last edited:
Why does it give me 9999 (Serious) rings lol

The rings go crazy
It goes from 0 to 9999 to 5428 to 0

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back