- I give permission for this addon to be reused, modified, or ported by anyone
- Revised AI based on CobaltBW's ExAI mod, with additional features and fixes
- Support for any combination of players and bots in multiplayer
- Predictive movement logic for more efficient following and enemy bopping
- Improved understanding of (vanilla) character abilities, shield abilities, and super forms
- Independent behavior for grabbing rings, monitors, etc. as appropriate
- Support for attacking objects or destructible walls their leader pushes against
- Spectator support for non-respawning game modes (can guide bots to next starpost when dead, etc.)
- Integration with rejointimeout to remain in the game as a bot after client disconnect
- Automatic control handoff between player and AI based on input (like Tails w/ Player 2 input)
- Option to disable AI entirely for an experience similar to FuriousFox's ClassicCoop mod
- ... and more! Give them a shot, they may surprise you :)
To get started, you can quickly try out the new AI by using the "Sonic & Tails" option in singleplayer.
Starting a splitscreen coop game also works - the bottom screen (Player 2) should automatically become AI-controlled.
For netgames, start a multiplayer coop game, and then alt-tab to launch another instance of the game - for example:
Once connected, the AI should automatically activate and begin following the first player.srb2win.exe -config config-bot.cfg -connect localhost
>> Alternatively, try out the simple foxBot launcher for Windows versions of the game. <<
bothelpto display all available commands in-game at any time.
Here are some of the important ones:
ai_ignore- Ignore targets? (1 = enemies, 2 = rings / monitors, 3 = all)
ai_defaultleader- Default leader for new clients (-1 = off, 32 = random)
setbot <leader>- Follow leader by number (-1 = stop)
listbots- List active bots and players