foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots

[Open Assets] foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots 1.7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Love this mod, but I have a couple suggestions.
I saw in the Todo that you were thinking of adding mod hooks in a future version. While that does sound like a great idea, have you considered adding some sort of config file to remember AI overrides per-character? It'd be good for mods whose creators didn't use your hooks, allowing players to set that themselves and have it be remembered.
Also, maybe a "just follow me and do nothing, do not even copy my spin button input" AI, for people who just want a second character following them and for characters whose "help" is more of a hindrance?

Sincerely: Someone annoyed enough at Whisper the Wolf not knowing she has a gun to glance at the code, but not annoyed enough to remember to type her ai override every time. Who is also sick of being eaten by Kirby.

Of course, even if you never touch it again this mod is already great, easily one of my favorites. Thank you for making it.

Last edited:
fox updated foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots with a new update entry:

v1.7

General Changes:
  • Support for 2.2.11 - fix deprecation warnings and other issues
  • Improve character swapping - increase allowed range, prevent swapping with active players
  • Allow inspecting bots with Alt Fire key, in addition to Weapon Select keys
  • Allow players to assume ownership of other players that disconnected as a bot
    • (meaning, if someone is following you and disconnects, you can now command them as if they're your bot)
    • (this ownership is reverted if...

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

[...] have you considered adding some sort of config file to remember AI overrides per-character? It'd be good for mods whose creators didn't use your hooks, allowing players to set that themselves and have it be remembered.
This is a good idea, though I don't know enough about SRB2's file i/o code to put this in for v1.7. I think ideally in the future, this override could also just be set for skins via a very simple Lua script (which I'd include a sample of). Glad you like it!

How do i make the bots stop going super? They keep draining me of my rings.
Try playing around with `ai_statmode` - see `bothelp` for more info. If you turn off ring sync, they should no longer drain your rings when super.

Last edited:
suggestion (im not sure if its even allowed to say suggestions but imma put it here)
i feel like there should be a command to stop making the bots teleport to you when they die.

Can Someone List Up Some Characters That Have Compatibility With This Mod? I Know Shadow Works But Not Always Shadow
Do you means "works perfectly with it's own custom ai that knows it's abilities" or just "mostly works but sometimes does something stupid because they think they're Sonic or something?"

Because for the former, I don't think there's anyone but Shadow, and maybe anyone using vanilla abilities.

For the latter, basically everyone from what I can tell. They follow, you can switch, they'll use their abilities (wrongly sometimes, but still) Kirby can kinda suck because he'll eat you sometimes, but honestly much less than adding him as a bot with vanilla AI like with encore mode.

Oh wait. Silver also has his own custom bot AI, I'm not sure my load order is wrong and it's a placebo or not, but the man is a badnik busting machine.
--edit: Quote is not edit

Last edited:
How to make myself a bot whatever I do with setbot I just get an error don’t know what they say because I play on firestick so whenever I put up the console the keyboard gets in the way of most of it

I may be doing something completely wrong, but I tried to use this on android, in singleplayer, and the bot wouldn't really move, unless I went up enough, where I heard them start to jump. They still teleport

I may be doing something completely wrong, but I tried to use this on android, in singleplayer, and the bot wouldn't really move, unless I went up enough, where I heard them start to jump. They still teleported to me, when I moved far enough away.
just for tell you this work really in mobile/android you just need a latest version of srb2 apk if you do it then follow you!

Love this mod, but I have a couple suggestions.
I saw in the Todo that you were thinking of adding mod hooks in a future version. While that does sound like a great idea, have you considered adding some sort of config file to remember AI overrides per-character? It'd be good for mods whose creators didn't use your hooks, allowing players to set that themselves and have it be remembered.
Also, maybe a "just follow me and do nothing, do not even copy my spin button input" AI, for people who just want a second character following them and for characters whose "help" is more of a hindrance?

Sincerely: Someone annoyed enough at Whisper the Wolf not knowing she has a gun to glance at the code, but not annoyed enough to remember to type her ai override every time. Who is also sick of being eaten by Kirby.

Of course, even if you never touch it again this mod is already great, easily one of my favorites. Thank you for making it.
For Whisper Overrideaiability you have two choices: overrideaiability 2 2 or overrideaiability 2 3

well i have to be honest playing whit bots is better than player because they create server that cause lag
descarga (1).jpeg

I'm sorry, I feel very silly for asking such a basic question, but by default, it's fire and normalfire to swap characters with the bot, right? Because if it is, it randomly stopped working for me for no reason. Then again, I stopped playing for a few months and forgot nearly everything, so I might just be wrong.
And while I'm asking questions, how does the swap ability command work? Say I wanted to swap a spindash with a double jump, I would type something like "swapability spin1 jump6" right? Or is the first variable the one being swapped to? I've never been good with console commands, especially ones that are more than one variable.

I'm sorry, I feel very silly for asking such a basic question, but by default, it's fire and normalfire to swap characters with the bot, right? Because if it is, it randomly stopped working for me for no reason. Then again, I stopped playing for a few months and forgot nearly everything, so I might just be wrong.
And while I'm asking questions, how does the swap ability command work? Say I wanted to swap a spindash with a double jump, I would type something like "swapability spin1 jump6" right? Or is the first variable the one being swapped to? I've never been good with console commands, especially ones that are more than one variable.
Well, I found out the issue with swapping characters. It's Kirby. For some reason, while playing as Kirby, I can't swap characters. No clue why, this worked before I took my break, but I guess something changed somewhere and I didn't notice it for a while.

Rule 15: Do not request people to make entire features or mods for you.
Please give us the race and battle update for srb2
my foxbot arent racing battling :<

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back