This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Thanks for the single-digit framerate.

Really, though, this is an amazingly stupid concept turned stupidly amazing level. I'm astonished at how different Castle Eggman was compared to how it is now, and aside from the aforementioned single-digit framerate in Greenflower 2, I loved every second of this.

Now I feel like playing the actual Final Demo.

This is a really good level! It's clear that a good amount of effort went in to getting things just right, and it makes for a nice glimpse of what things were like in the game's earlier days.

On a semi-related note, does anyone have any pointers for getting the Record Attack emblem? I've attempted it multiple times, and the best(/only) strategy I've come up with basically boils down to "Thok constantly, and don't make a SINGLE mistake".

where is the thank you for playing the srb2 demo screen

this is disappointing

jk this is a pretty fun level

honestly as much as i am iffy about fan-created maps being included in vanilla...yea that kinda makes a lot of sense, considering it encapsulates all of the zones in that demo, not just techno legacy.

There are already two fan created levels in SRB2. Maybe three. I'm not sure who made that ice themed level.

honestly as much as i am iffy about fan-created maps being included in vanilla...yea that kinda makes a lot of sense, considering it encapsulates all of the zones in that demo, not just techno legacy.
The thing is... that this doesn't really count as a fan-created map, as the creator of the map back when making it was a SRB2 dev, and IIRC, it and Techno Legacy competed for a short while in 2.2 dev. Not so sure on that second thing, but the first one for sure applies.

If I recall correctly, Techno Legacy was intended to be THZ2 in 2.1 before Nev3r's replacement.

How do you get up to the picnic as Sonic alone? I've been trying for hours and I still haven't been able to get there.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Nvm, I found it.

can i use the midi sounds for my mod level so i can credit you

You know they're all (other than THZ) still available in the latest SRB2 version, right? (Albeit unused.) Open music.dta with SLADE or whatever you use and take the MID files you want from there. The THZ one is available in older versions of SRB2 archived on the main SRB2 site, from the first version of SRB2 with THZ to 2.1.

You know they're all (other than THZ) still available in the latest SRB2 version, right? (Albeit unused.) Open music.dta with SLADE or whatever you use and take the MID files you want from there. The THZ one is available in older versions of SRB2 archived on the main SRB2 site, from the first version of SRB2 with THZ to 2.1.
thanks

Anyone get a "SigSegV" or a "Z_free: wrong id from r_patch.c:100" when beating Knuckles and clearing the stage?
Nvm, I think the errors only happen in the 2.9 release candidate.

Last edited:
ONE QUESTION (after 100%ing the map btw)

If the chaos emeralds are the emblems... what happened to the actual emblem locations... gone and reduced to atoms? I know Final Demo has 20 emblems.

gfz1 - 3
gfz2 - 3
thz1 - 3
thz 2 - 3
cez1 - 3
cez2 - 3

18 emblems

Extra Emblem #1
Complete the Single Player campaign with any character, with or without Chaos Emeralds, on any difficulty level.
Extra Emblem #2
Complete the Single Player campaign with any character after collecting all Chaos Emeralds in Normal difficulty or higher.

Im guessing they just arent here anymore because making the chaos emeralds emblems is more interesting, easier, fun, or all three?
Post automatically merged:

Oh and while were on the topic of final demo i beat it under 6 minutes
my time was like 5:57 or something yeesh... talk about strict time limits
why does srb2 have such a love for strict time limits anyway i still havent beaten 2.0 under 23, my time is like 24 but idk where to save a minute maybe castle eggman 1 or 2 or deep sea

but i 100% 2.2 so epic ig
Post automatically merged:

for some reason i beat final demo zone under 6 minutes and it didnt take very long, is it easier or something?
edit: i 100% final demo 1.09.4

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back