This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
(This is hard to show in GIFs...) I've created non-intrusive HUD aids displaying context sensitive inputs the player might be not be aware! It also shows off your current "walljump penalty" and "boostlevel". Most info is on the bottom left, with info sometimes appearing in the middle of the screen for immediately relevant things.
srb20754.gif
srb20758.gif

Ragdoll-style damage now always occurs when hit at high speeds, retaining more speed at the cost of stability and rings. The original behavior still exists for airboosting into an enemy point-blank, or now also when footsweeping into certain indestructibles.
srb20762.gif
srb20768.gif

Here's the new slow dash GFX for HMS!
srb20769.gif
srb20750.gif

As for the FAST version...HMS can now infinitely stack airboosts for infinite speed, just like he could with his spamdash. Doing one in front of a wall bounces you off. Practical? No...not even in huge stages. But we've long abandoned pragmatism.
srb20771.gif
srb20772.gif

Here's what that looks like from another player's perspective. (in an older version before the new Dash GFX)
srb20729.gif
WHO LET YOU COOK OMG THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

from now on im gonna call you gordon ramsy from how much you cook in ur mods tho a wall run would be perfect

Last edited:
(This is hard to show in GIFs...) I've created non-intrusive HUD aids displaying context sensitive inputs the player might be not be aware! It also shows off your current "walljump penalty" and "boostlevel". Most info is on the bottom left, with info sometimes appearing in the middle of the screen for immediately relevant things.
srb20754.gif
srb20758.gif

Ragdoll-style damage now always occurs when hit at high speeds, retaining more speed at the cost of stability and rings. The original behavior still exists for airboosting into an enemy point-blank, or now also when footsweeping into certain indestructibles.
srb20762.gif
srb20768.gif

srb20769.gif
srb20750.gif

As for the FAST version...HMS can now infinitely stack airboosts for infinite speed, just like he could with his spamdash. Doing one in front of a wall bounces you off. Practical? No...not even in huge stages. But we've long abandoned pragmatism.
srb20771.gif
srb20772.gif

Here's what that looks like from another player's perspective. (in an older version before the new Dash GFX)
srb20729.gif
my pc is shaking right now.
jokes aside, holy shit! these look awesome!

srb20771.gif
srb20772.gif

srb20729.gif
Whoa, HMS is even MORE powerful than before!

srb20754.gif
srb20758.gif

srb20762.gif
srb20768.gif

srb20769.gif
srb20750.gif

srb20771.gif
srb20772.gif

srb20729.gif
Pretty Colours! Oh and it seemingly plays better too!
Cant wait!

[Robot gore]

My sides.
Because "gibs" are just overrated!
Whoa, HMS is even MORE powerful than before!
Oh hey, I thought you vanished. Welcome back!
Pretty Colours! Oh and it seemingly plays better too! Cant wait!
Thank you! Naturally this kind of hyperfast character will take practice to truly "git gud", but the controls are FAR more intuitive and forgiving this time around. I learned alot returning from Adventure Sonic!

srb20785.gif

Many little tidbits here in 1 little GIF!
-Airboosts now adjust with your current momentum
-You can now homing attack(but not dash) from an airboost as well!
-New spinning GFX!
-SMSunleashed 2.0's method of speed-thokking into walls to walljump returns! This method only targets walls in front of you to prevent accidental walljumps when thokking.
-All flames now autotarget nearby foes if your vertical view is straight. Those mouse players needed SOME competition!

Because "gibs" are just overrated!

Oh hey, I thought you vanished. Welcome back!

Thank you! Naturally this kind of hyperfast character will take practice to truly "git gud", but the controls are FAR more intuitive and forgiving this time around. I learned alot returning from Adventure Sonic!

srb20785.gif

Many little tidbits here in 1 little GIF!
-Airboosts now adjust with your current momentum
-You can now homing attack(but not dash) from an airboost as well!
-New spinning GFX!
-SMSunleashed 2.0's method of speed-thokking into walls to walljump returns! This method only targets walls in front of you to prevent accidental walljumps when thokking.
-All flames now autotarget nearby foes if your vertical view is straight. Those mouse players needed SOME competition!
So SMS now has "Smart fire slinging wristbands"? :knuxsmug:
Glad that they do- Because then the 'Sling would have more use in normal levels!

Before I go, ill leave some of my ideas.

I wonder if there will be some type of reward for defeating enemies though-
-Other than score of course-
Because if you are goin' outta yer' way to waste your rings/effort on These suckers then you might as well get something for your effort!
Maybe Obliterating badniks could "Stabilize" your crumbling form when you are transformed?
Or bolster It when you are err... "Trapped?" In the state!
Anyways, Good work so far! Can't wait!

he didnt update it yet, he is just getting prepared to update it
I don't think that's the case considering the last time he prepared an update publicly, he made the MB unstable for 2+ hours and just general chaos occurred. Preparing updates really isn't in this guy's history so I think it's better to assume human error and say he just forgot to switch the files in the midst of updating the page.

He also would've probably said something in the SRB2 Discord too, and I'm not talking about his claim that it was coming out yesterday.

I don't think that's the case considering the last time he prepared an update publicly, he made the MB unstable for 2+ hours and just general chaos occurred. Preparing updates really isn't in this guy's history so I think it's better to assume human error and say he just forgot to switch the files in the midst of updating the page.

He also would've probably said something in the SRB2 Discord too, and I'm not talking about his claim that it was coming out yesterday.
i mean, why would he update it before sending the file other than getting prepared?

i mean, why would he update it before sending the file other than getting prepared?
You're missing the point I'm making, Human Error, Shine stated he was releasing the mod yesterday and was rushing to complete the last couple of details for 3.0. This unfocused rush of work can make you forget to do the most basic of things, therefore he accidentally updated the page without adding the associated update file. You also have to consider he was staying up and losing sleep to get it finished, and as we all know from trying to rush in homework before 11:59pm that these two components always end up with you missing the basic details.

Shine has never updated a page without having the updated file to coincide with it, most if not all of his updates release with the updated file.

You're missing the point I'm making, Human Error, Shine stated he was releasing the mod yesterday and was rushing to complete the last couple of details for 3.0. This unfocused rush of work can make you forget to do the most basic of things, therefore he accidentally updated the page without adding the associated update file. You also have to consider he was staying up and losing sleep to get it finished, and as we all know from trying to rush in homework before 11:59pm that these two components always end up with you missing the basic details.

Shine has never updated a page without having the updated file to coincide with it, most if not all of his updates release with the updated file.
...i know it, but like, why are you complaining?

How can you translate inquiry as a complaint????
first of all.
im not english, im brazillian (so i have no idea what the fuck is inquiry)
(now that i have translated what inquiry is.)
plus, your comment did sound more like a complaint

Golden Shine updated Super Mystic Sonic [SMS v3.0: Reborn again!] with a new update entry:

SMS v3-0: The great overhaul!

Wow. I wasn't expecting to come back to SMS this strong.

This is the closest we'll ever get to an SMSreborn-reborn. It keeps the spirit and potential of the original, but I've overhauled as many fundamentals as I could before my vacation takes me.

The massive changelog TLDR is:
-Massively overhauled controls, much more intuitive. SMS' core moveset handles differently but smoother with his extreme speed.

-Literally hundreds of new effects/GFX animations.

-Huge performance gains...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1693862979694.png
seems like auto-graphics are broken, fox set them to low but they get set back to full when someone joins despite it being turned off

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back