This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Is it possible to make the Rat bosses minions give no points like the Bumblebores do?
Cause atm they give 1000 points each and it's kind of excessive lol.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and helpful feedback! I've uploaded the obligatory minor-tweaks-and-fixes 1.1 version based on what stood out. Here's what's changed:

Changelog:
V1.1

• Appropriate to a first boss, The Sunset Fae will spend far less time invulnerable. Try not to bully her too hard. She's still invulnerable during her desperation attack- and don't even THINK about hiding in any safe spots!
  • Sunset Kero keeps the rule of making you wait out a full attack cycle of iframes, but will now never jump more than twice in a row- effectively ending his iframes sooner.
  • Sunset Vermin adds no longer give you any points when killed, so you can't use the level to farm lives. Thanks to Kays and Logan8r for bringing how to do this to my attention!
  • Sunset Thunderbird has a bit less health than before. No one actually complained about this, but I felt the fight went a bit too long before.
  • Ultimate Eggmobile's danmaku attack now ends a bit sooner, so it doesn't quite reach Touhou levels.
  • Tweaked the numbers for the Ultimate Eggmobile's bumblebore attack, so it gets more attacks in before hitting the self-imposed bee cap.
  • Also added a block monsters flags to Arid Crossroads death pit, to keep Eggman from getting stuck out of reach during certain attacks.
  • Fixed a spot in Red Meltdown Zone where Sunset Ryu had eaten a wall texture.
  • Made the final boss's desperation attack go faster, so you spend a bit less time running around in circles. Makes it feel more threatening too for some reason despite being objectively easier than before??
  • Fixed a small color bug in the final boss's desperation attack that no one else seemed to notice but was bugging the crap outta me.
  • Changed the implementation on a small WAD-on easter egg to flow better in the cutscene version.

i encountered a few things that need to be fixed or nerfed
theres a bug where sometimes the rats go into a corner
and the snake boss
it also gets stuck sometimes

Sprinting In circles as Junio, against Ryu. I can outrun him with his charge attack. Stupid Lizard keeps hitting me with his fire though.

It's probably a little narcissistic of me, but I threw together a little developer commentary video for this mod.

Sunset Ryu is the most fun boss I've fought in the entire game, you somehow managed to make the "chase" styled bosses from Advance 2 work well in 3D. I hope you decide to make more bosses in general, as I'm in agreement that the game could use more of them and you've got a pretty solid batch here.

These bosses are great but it's worth improving the design of the boss arenas themselves and everything is fine

From what I've been told, you can load them at the same time and it works, but adding code-heavy characters after that will hit the freeslot limit and start to break things.
Ok. But will they combine with each other, or will they still be seperate campaigns? I just want to know, and me and another user suggested these bosses to Logan8r to use in the True Arena.

Ok. But will they combine with each other, or will they still be seperate campaigns? I just want to know, and me and another user suggested these bosses to Logan8r to use in the True Arena.

They'll stay separate campaigns unless there's code specifically linking them together that I'm not aware of. ^.^

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back