This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Version 9 Released

Highlights:
Rebalancing and reworks of all 6 characters
Updates and reworks for many of the included arena/survival maps
New visual / sound polish to various parts of the game
A huge number of bug fixes
New mod functionality
New game mechanics:
- Air Dodge (parry button in midair)
- Stun Break (parry button after taking a hit, if you are holding 20 rings or more)
- Shield Swap (tossflag button when shield ability is unavailable)
- Use shields with the tossflag button
- Kills reward the attacker with rings
And a lot more!

Full patch notes

Huge thanks to Cobalt for allowing me to put this together, to Inazuma, Lianvee, Wane, and the rest of the Battle community for your help/support.

Last edited:
Is it intentional that viewing the console manual and the scripter's manual requires requesting access?

Can the bounce from the bubbles get removed? they are not really useful, 80% of the maps have pits which makes them be almost like an obstacle since you have to be careful with the pits and the not bouncing off to your death depending on how they are placed in the map and it is really annoying to have your battle ability eaten by a ring bubble (If you are Sonic or Knuckles but especially Sonic at the moment).

Can the bounce from the bubbles get removed? they are not really useful, 80% of the maps have pits which makes them be almost like an obstacle since you have to be careful with the pits and the not bouncing off to your death depending on how they are placed in the map and it is really annoying to have your battle ability eaten by a ring bubble (If you are Sonic or Knuckles but especially Sonic at the moment).
Yeah i totally agree with this it's not worth and the only advantage with bubble bounce is that you can stall it with tails and that's it

The next major version release is still quite a ways out. However, significant progress has been made on several key features, with enemy AI and a single player campaign, and new panel items being the main highlights. Here's a few gameplay samples to showcase the campaign in action:

The next major version release is still quite a ways out. However, significant progress has been made on several key features, with enemy AI and a single player campaign, and new panel items being the main highlights. Here's a few gameplay samples to showcase the campaign in action:

Bro... You're making a legendary mod right now.
I'm crying.. THIS IS SO AWESOME!

This looks awesome. New Sonic ground ability looks cool (i dont know if the air ability is changed)... Fang used bombs... maybe bombs are more balanced than the current combat roll, but the combat roll is cool

CobaltBW updated SRB2 Battle! Multiplayer Gameplay Mod with a new update entry:

Version 9.2

This update changes sudden death behavior to allow all living players to remain in the game; those players who had more lives will stay in the game with stronger shields.

The update also includes several bug fixes and significant performance improvements.

Code:
Console
    Added a new console variable, "battle_collisiontimer", which controls the lockout time before a player can collide with the same player again.
Tumble
    Players in tumble state will now bounce off walls
Gamemodes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can Sonic get buffed? There is no current good reason for Sonic have his thok nerfed to 45 fracs since the bumpcode change and you can barely do anything with his current ground pound which is an pretty expensive ability for an attack with 12% of chance for you to actually hit it and super punishable. Sonic is basically hopeless when there are multiple enemies going after you which sucks because this addon has 5 out of 9 games that are team gametypes.
Post automatically merged:

and the people who said that Sonic mains played like braindeads barely play battle since v9

I think parrying might be a bit too lenient? At least against melee attacks in a 1v1 scenario, which to be fair pops up often enough.
It lasts quite a while for something that destroys invincibility frames (and invincibility boxes) and completely stuns melee attackers. Trying to bait out parries from those who are really good at it can be tricky, and even if you fake them out you still need to actually punish them with an attack, which I found tricky. Against projectiles, I feel it either doesn't do enough or it's fine as is, but while I'm using melee attacks a parrying opponent seems absurdly oppressive to me. It's part of the reason why I switched from Metal to Tails: As Metal I felt too predictable and punishable for it to be fun, and as Tails I could dash around opponents while keeping up the pressure.

Speaking of Metal, I feel like the energy blasts were always underwhelming regarding the range of one projectile, even in the super-early days where it auto-aimed. I feel like it just uses one hitbox for the everything, meaning if it so much as grazes the ground it just disappears, and making hitting grounded opponents a little awkward at times, and I feel like the solution taken (spamming more blasts everywhere) just makes it so it's mediocre at best in a 1v1 and absurdly OP in big Arena matches.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do so, but I would make it so it has a bigger hitbox for players and item boxes and stuff like that than it has for the ground and walls. Like, it's big when it comes to hitting players, but when it comes to hitting the ground and fizzling out it's small. Y'know?
Best case scenario, even if a character is somehow shrunken down and hiding in a corner, the energy blast would still hit when aimed at them. Then you can balance it out from there. Maybe metal would charge for different sizes of energy blasts instead of just adding an entire spreadsheets worth of projectiles to the map?

Right now I feel like Tails and Fang are the two best characters. Tails because his tail spin let's him attack opponents really easily without being in too much danger himself, and also having flight for excellent mobility, and Fang because popgun is strong and combat roll is unusually powerful for a long-range fighter. Metal is notable for Arena, but again I feel like being able to bully the entire server at once is a bit much.

Interested in seeing V10! Sonic's new attack looks cool, and a singleplayer campaign just sounds fun!

I think parrying might be a bit too lenient? At least against melee attacks in a 1v1 scenario, which to be fair pops up often enough.
It lasts quite a while for something that destroys invincibility frames (and invincibility boxes) and completely stuns melee attackers. Trying to bait out parries from those who are really good at it can be tricky, and even if you fake them out you still need to actually punish them with an attack, which I found tricky. Against projectiles, I feel it either doesn't do enough or it's fine as is, but while I'm using melee attacks a parrying opponent seems absurdly oppressive to me. It's part of the reason why I switched from Metal to Tails: As Metal I felt too predictable and punishable for it to be fun, and as Tails I could dash around opponents while keeping up the pressure.

Speaking of Metal, I feel like the energy blasts were always underwhelming regarding the range of one projectile, even in the super-early days where it auto-aimed. I feel like it just uses one hitbox for the everything, meaning if it so much as grazes the ground it just disappears, and making hitting grounded opponents a little awkward at times, and I feel like the solution taken (spamming more blasts everywhere) just makes it so it's mediocre at best in a 1v1 and absurdly OP in big Arena matches.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do so, but I would make it so it has a bigger hitbox for players and item boxes and stuff like that than it has for the ground and walls. Like, it's big when it comes to hitting players, but when it comes to hitting the ground and fizzling out it's small. Y'know?
Best case scenario, even if a character is somehow shrunken down and hiding in a corner, the energy blast would still hit when aimed at them. Then you can balance it out from there. Maybe metal would charge for different sizes of energy blasts instead of just adding an entire spreadsheets worth of projectiles to the map?

Right now I feel like Tails and Fang are the two best characters. Tails because his tail spin let's him attack opponents really easily without being in too much danger himself, and also having flight for excellent mobility, and Fang because popgun is strong and combat roll is unusually powerful for a long-range fighter. Metal is notable for Arena, but again I feel like being able to bully the entire server at once is a bit much.

Interested in seeing V10! Sonic's new attack looks cool, and a singleplayer campaign just sounds fun!
Interesting that you think Tails is one of the best, i barely see anyone play as him. And Metal Sonic used to be the top tier of the game, well, every character with dash mode just goes up to the flagholder and goes "hey hows it goin" and breaks the flagholder's ankle

Interesting that you think Tails is one of the best, i barely see anyone play as him. And Metal Sonic used to be the top tier of the game, well, every character with dash mode just goes up to the flagholder and goes "hey hows it goin" and breaks the flagholder's ankle
Honestly, I wasn't even thinking of CTF when typing all that. I was mostly thinking survival and arena. Even so, I still feel like Tails has a very powerful kit of moves. And yeah, I think Metal's dashmode will remain a super-good ambush attack.
Though, while we're on the topic of CTF, I feel like pointing out how not being able to cap unless your flag is at your base tends to slow CTF to a crawl. I mean, it feels less like you're defending YOUR flag and more like your desperately defending the OPPONENT'S flag.
Also, springs can be quite absurd in CTF. The extra height makes it VERY difficult to catch anyone with a flag.

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking of CTF when typing all that. I was mostly thinking survival and arena. Even so, I still feel like Tails has a very powerful kit of moves. And yeah, I think Metal's dashmode will remain a super-good ambush attack.
I just dont get it, when I don't parry I get hit, but when I do parry i get psyche'd out. Metal players dont allow flagholders to breathe. And then theres shadow, i feel like cyannight battle and krabs battle are the only 24/7 battle servers but they like to have shadow who kills amy which is my main

If I played against a team full of Tails users I would just leave the server because for whatever reason Tails has: an high priority projectile ability that takes years to disappear, 10 rings cost ability with an cooldown short enough to be an spammy ability and, iirc, even if you parry the projectile, it would disappear and Tails for whatever reason has protection in his body when he uses this Tail Swipe ability.

The is absolutely no damn good reason for an character that can fly like Tails to have this much protection.

If I played against a team full of Tails users I would just leave the server because for whatever reason Tails has: an high priority projectile ability that takes years to disappear, 10 rings cost ability with an cooldown short enough to be an spammy ability and, iirc, even if you parry the projectile, it would disappear and Tails for whatever reason has protection in his body when he uses this Tail Swipe ability.
Yeah, pretty much. Tail Swipe is simple, but absolutely ridiculous in practice. Even when you spam the projectile so much you never have more than 10 rings, the extra cooldown never really hinders you, unless you're in survival and you have no shields, and even then it's still a scary option.
And then theres shadow, i feel like cyannight battle and krabs battle are the only 24/7 battle servers but they like to have shadow who kills amy which is my main
Yeah, Shadow is scary. Anywhere you go, he can go. I was mostly trying to keep the discussion about vanilla characters, though. I mean, Espio exists. CTF can be annoying when the flag is just constantly under one giant hitbox. And between his invisibility, and Tails Doll's 3 pellets, I feel like there's quite a few underwhelming attacks among them.
But I don't feel like going in depth about any modded character. Not on this thread, anyway.

CobaltBW updated SRB2 Battle! Multiplayer Gameplay Mod with a new update entry:

Version 9.3

This update contains mostly bug fixes. A couple of adjustments have also been made to item bubble spawn rates, making it harder to stalemate in Survival.

Code:
Maintenance
    - Adjusted item bubble spawn rates
        - Survival: Local item spawn rates become less frequent with each successive spawn
    - Corrected a lua error when Fang uses combat roll against a bashable object
    - Reset player properties if the player triggers certain events while performing an actionstate:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back