This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

AirFox

That Twisted Metal Nerd
My maps Park Valley and The Island!

These 2 maps are meant for hanging out and chilling with pals while also exploring quite expansive maps and enjoying the scenery.
These maps are mainly built for multiplayer modes.

The Maps
Park Valley (Coop, Match)
This is the Main map, as said through the title of the PK3, this is a pretty expansive map with 6 sub areas, a collection hunt, and many secrets to find.
This map is used for the TitleMap

Park Valley can also be used as a Match map, with all the fighting happening just in the main park, which explains the M in the file prefix.

The Island (Coop)
A smaller yet chill map to more hangout and learn more about the inhabitants that live there. Made to be an expansion to Park Valley's Egos.

Park Valley started back in 2010, starting from a small, random map from a guy who knew nothing of map making to an expansive map with a bunch of little things that I am satisfied with.

Click here to see more info such as the changelog and known issues.

Credits

Twisted Metal 2,3,4, and Small Brawl textures ripped and ported by AirFox
Twisted Metal 4 teleporter sprite also ripped by AirFox
Any custom textures for the Hotel ported in by Markus
Any recolored varients to any textures and sprites done by AirFox
Some textures from the Community Asset Pack were used. [From Pipe Kingdom Assets]
Christmas objects ported in by Glaber
Diner Door textures done by Zebusuu
Ego Segway Sprites done by ATastyPickleJR
Talk.lua (AKA LUA_PVTK) was made by LJ Sonik.

All music is credited in MUSICDEF, which can be viewed from the Sound Test page.
All credits should be here, if I missed something notify me and I will fix that.​

Attachments

• srb20665.jpg
    srb20665.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,433
  • srb20666.jpg
    srb20666.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,239
  • srb20667.jpg
    srb20667.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • srb20668.png
    srb20668.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 874
  • srb20669.png
    srb20669.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
Welcome to releases!

Though, my own PC had issues trying to run with a good framerate... but it seems to be an issue with just weaker PCs like mine.

Hey! I was following this project since 2.1 era in the SkyBase, and I'm glad too see it released in the MB, because it's a great map

Oh man, I remember playing on this map on Spectrum's server.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, I was the moss color Sonic in that server)

agree with D00D64. it would be much nicer if it didn't lag so much. but that's my problem.

As I've mentioned in the notice, I don't have this issue but I know this exists
I have been trying to make it better for weaker machines (even doing so by moving around/removing vertices to build less nodes and removing scenery objects) but I feel I would have to rework the map entirely to fix people's performance problems.
Sorry about it not reaching good framerates.
All I can say is hopefully OpenGL can help implying you weren't already using it.

Last edited:
As I've mentioned in the notice, I don't have this issue but I know this exists
I have been trying to make it better for weaker machines (even doing so by moving around/removing vertices to build less nodes and removing scenery objects) but I feel I would have to rework the map entirely to fix people's performance problems.
Sorry about it not reaching good framerates.
All I can say is hopefully OpenGL can help.

I mean... would be pretty good to have like 2 parts of this, one it's for weaker PC's, and other for more powerfulls... Like, y'know, balance or something?
idk, anyway, my Laptop loaded it on decent FPS (or that's what i want to think.)
But i guess i am asking for too much...

I mean... would be pretty good to have like 2 parts of this, one it's for weaker PC's, and other for more powerfulls... Like, y'know, balance or something?
idk, anyway, my Laptop loaded it on decent FPS (or that's what i want to think.)
But i guess i am asking for too much...

Well, making 2 different versions would be hard to manage, so thats out of the question. So really if I want more performance I am gonna have to clean up the middle of the park area more, as thats where most of the problems are. Every sub area though should be fine with performance so there shouldn't be problems there.

I found a bug regarding water in the Park Valley map
It retains some leftover Ice behavior from Christmas versions in its surface, which makes turning and braking a bit difficult while running on it as Super

So... ive been stuck at 27 egos for so long! there is 2 egos that i know are there but i cant reach! (One near the particle in the museum, and one near that weird curly like thing in the ice area of the crystal obstacle course ) and one that i dont know where it is!
PLEASE IF YOU GOT ALL THE EGOS! TELL ME WHERE THE LAST 3 ARE!

The one near the particle is locked behind a button near the enterance of the museum. And the other is behind the blue ice pillar if I'm reading that right. I will soon have a guide for the Ego hunt for those having trouble finding them.

The one near the particle is locked behind a button near the enterance of the museum. And the other is behind the blue ice pillar if I'm reading that right. I will soon have a guide for the Ego hunt for those having trouble finding them.

Oh, thank god you're doing it.

Park Valley updated to 6.3! Happy Halloween!
Park Valley 6.3
-Halloween event, changes textures, objects, and has a custom palette
-Changed the sprite for the Ego toads in Park Valley for the Halloween event (master ego is the same)
-Preparation for a future event
-Updated the colormap for the water for the forest part of the Crystal area
-For the Halloween event: A Weather toggle so you can change whether or not you want the rain or not. (this is client sided and wont affect anyone else)
-The hidden room in the museum has its broken room changed.
-Made the file size smaller by 1,165KB (or 1.16MB~)

You could do Autumn when Halloween ends, like you did with Christmas and Winter

Thats a maybe on that, doing these seasonal visual reworks aren't that hard to put together, but reverting back takes a bit of time to do. I'll consider it but don't 100% expect it.

after the 2.2.7 / 2.2.8 update it doesn't lag anymore! it makes me very happy.

Cool, I didn't think there were any performance changes to SRB2 in 2.2.7/2.2.8

Did you ever finish that guide?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back