When was Neo Drilla improved?

Fun fact about Neo Drilla, I made a 3d model of it first before I made the sprites.

I think I may've done something wrong. I'm giving what I remember/noticed a small test run, just to see how things look and move now... But now the Shields aren't displaying well. Some display... The correct depth, I think? but they don't seem to actually go over the character model like they used to in some cases. Any ideas as to what I could've done wrong? I'd imagine I probably borked something while moving the models.dat info from the download to what I already had
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-28 a la(s) 17.22.22.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-28 a la(s) 17.23.14.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-28 a la(s) 17.24.14.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-28 a la(s) 17.25.14.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-28 a la(s) 17.19.49.png

EDIT: I just went and checked something: As it turns out, the elemental shields in the challenge stages work well enough-- whatever I did seemed to mainly affect the vanilla campaign shields?

Last edited:
v1.7 Rushchars & Collectables!
Lets get the easy part out of the way first-
Blaze and Marine!
designed for the Rushchars mod have been added!
rushchars-png.65828

Not too much to say here- Blaze was included before- She's since been polished up with texturing/animations for the new mod. All the bells and whistles should be here. I've included the old model as NBLAZE.md3 If you want to use it for the older blaze mods still.
um, the models dont work for those two.

-I have 2.2.10
-I have the recent models
-It doesn't work

I edited the SkinName of the .LukesBlaze, meaning this should fix the problem with RushChars Blaze inflicting with the model of .LukesBlaze!

OLDBLAZE VDLC/PLAY+/NBLAZE.md3 3.0 0.0

(Yes .LukesBlaze is reusable.)

Attachments

• CL_BlazeTheCat-v5.wad
    390.6 KB · Views: 103
Why are shield models broken in the new update?
Post automatically merged:

I fixed them

i showed the sonic 3 shields just in case... but they've always looked the way they do
The reason it works on Sonic 3's shields, is because they are *Clear Shields with Effects*.

Last edited:
He updated the shield models, he prefer it that way. It's not a bug, he did that in purpose. Yeah, i prefer the old ones too

So uh... Unfortunately I don't know where I should be reporting this, but this didn't happen before the update.
Playing as Tempest the Axolotl worked fine before the update, but now that I'm trying him out with Models on, this happens:
srb20004.gif

Something to note, I have no models intentionally assigned to Tempest, but I've seen other errors like these popping up with other model packs, such as Pierre accidentally using Bowie's 3D model (from Azazel's SRB2 model pack) during his twirls, as well as other examples. Any recommendations as to what I should do?

Jeck Jims updated Jeck Jims' 2.2 3D Models with a new update entry:

Character Hotfix and Shields

Just a quick fix for a few mistakes on my part.
Re-added Silver's model file.
Marine now has a RIDE animation-
Spring Crab enemy now has his spring model.

Download and merge/replace "v1.7 to v1.71patch" to apply these fixes- as well as add the .dat entry for the spring(included in the zip)

Also included is a shields.7z containing versions of shields that are front facing and backfacing- so you can choose your preference. Just drag/drop the "models" folder of your choice into your root...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So uh... Unfortunately I don't know where I should be reporting this, but this didn't happen before the update.
Playing as Tempest the Axolotl worked fine before the update, but now that I'm trying him out with Models on, this happens:
View attachment 65907
Something to note, I have no models intentionally assigned to Tempest, but I've seen other errors like these popping up with other model packs, such as Pierre accidentally using Bowie's 3D model (from Azazel's SRB2 model pack) during his twirls, as well as other examples. Any recommendations as to what I should do?
This model was made for another Sprite in mind, things like these are likely to happen.

Back