SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

A.I.R Eevee V.1.4.5 Details »»
A.I.R Eevee V.1.4.5
Developer Last Online: Nov 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 10-03-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 4
Characters Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

So A.I.R Eevee is finally in SRB2 and after a loot of criticism he is now re worked or at least in a RE-Work beta so much will change before v2 so without further to do...

INFO

So if u dont know who A.I.R Eevee is well simply he is a fast Eevee that teamed up with Tails back in sonic 3 A.I.R as a mod so yes technically this is a port and that will probably explain his moves and if u still dont well lets just say shortly that he was an early skin mod in the sonic 3 air modding community and back then script mods wasn't that great and no ability changes was a thing.
So now when he is in srb2 he got some new moves and a taunt and also this is my first srb2 mod in a way so don't expect something really amazing.

ABILITIES

Well this little Eevee got a heck a loot of moves to use so lets go over them.

-Double jump: u know how this works so i wont put in a gif here showcasing it

-Spindash: same with double jump no need to explain this

-Insta Shield: now this functions just like in sonic 3 and protects u from danger and bullets and is also a nice way to cheat bosses.
also it is activated by pressing spin in the air without any shield and also it cant be used after double jumping

-Drop Dash: this is activated by pressing c1 in the air and it is op and fun and is a great source of speed. Tip: the longer it is activated the faster and longer u will burst away

-Super Peel Out: its activated by holding c1 on the ground its really simple

-Skate Board: this is togglable so don't worry also its activated by pressing spin while running. in this mode u dont have an easy way to turn but if u press spin u can do a tiny turn and if u cant a better way to turn press c1 to deactivate the skateboard

-D A B and noise: well u press c2 to dab at any time and he dab and yes this includes the special stages. also u can do the same thing with c3 but it is a tiny bit broken since yes in air and in nights u make noise but if ur on the ground he is free to move but will display a dab sprite

-Hug: as of right now i haven't got a gif to showcase it but he do hug by pressing c2 near someone and then pressing c3 to cancel the hug

-Dance: well u press toss flag to activate it and well same as the last one no gif for this one also to cancel it u jump and don't ask why

COMANDS
-eeveeskateglobal: A toggle for eevee's skate/roll. if it's set to on it Allows eevee to use his skateboard and it affects all players in the server so only admins can use this command
-eeveeskate: Same as the admin one, but for yourself, cannot be changed when globally disabled
-voyprotection: well it is spam protection and limits the noise spam so set this to on if u are a admin on a server to make your ears stop suffering

INCLUDED STUFF
-a super form with a unique ability
-smoll eevee
-commands
-a funni eevee
-a srb2 2.0 version with thook and spindash
-Kirby mod support
-Dirk support
-XMomentum failed trick sprite support
-Hug :)

NOTE ABOUT RE-USABLE CONTENT
So uh the skate, dance, super flight, dab and drop dash is not re usable content so please show me, neon and rafael respect for the work on this mod.

CREDITS

Professor Eevee
I made A.I.R Eevee in the first place

Neon
DAB, drop dash script, 2.0 Port and a loot more

Katmint
insta shield port for 2.2

MotdSpork
Super peel out for 2.2

Rafael
2.0 port and some fixes for v1 before it was out

Tatsuru
Hug script

Download Now

File Type: zip Eevee.zip (25.7 KB, 388 views)
File Type: pk3 CL_A.I.R_Eevee-v1.4.5.pk3 (2.89 MB, 312 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20083.gif
Views:	2950
Size:	5.43 MB
ID:	39728   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20082.gif
Views:	2899
Size:	7.09 MB
ID:	39729   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20074.gif
Views:	74
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	39730   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20072.gif
Views:	2861
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	39731   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20071.gif
Views:	6116
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	39732  

Name:	srb20070.gif
Views:	6071
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	39733   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20068.gif
Views:	2859
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	39734   Click image for larger version

Name:	XTRAB0.png
Views:	5637
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	39735   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20084.gif
Views:	6134
Size:	5.06 MB
ID:	39737   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20065.gif
Views:	6009
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	39738  

Name:	srb20105.gif
Views:	3245
Size:	5.08 MB
ID:	40310    

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 10-04-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

While its welcome to releases, I really want you to specify that the "Eevee.wad" is a 2.1 mod. We dont really have a rule for that kind of thing, so I'll let it stay, but I had to open the mod in SLADE, guess why the palette was weird, change it to 2.0, then after realizing it was for an older version, double check the first post to see a single sentence about it. It even being the first download on the list of two downloads only adds to the confusion.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #3
Professor Eevee
Tempbanned (Strike 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
While its welcome to releases, I really want you to specify that the "Eevee.wad" is a 2.1 mod. We dont really have a rule for that kind of thing, so I'll let it stay, but I had to open the mod in SLADE, guess why the palette was weird, change it to 2.0, then after realizing it was for an older version, double check the first post to see a single sentence about it. It even being the first download on the list of two downloads only adds to the confusion.
well did i ever say that it was for 2.1 the eevee.wad so to say cuz i said it was for 2.0
Professor Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #4
Daviroll_Limit
Christmas so early?

it won't be the best wad of the moment, but hey, I love that you put effort into this
ps: i think you need to fix some english in the info, maybe use a translator?
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #5
Rafael44642

It was nice to help you making A.I.R. Eevee for SRB2, it's a good character after all, congrats professor, you did great :)
Rafael44642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #6
Trystan The Abomination
Kawaii Potato

i think you made a spelling mistake in the dash mode section
Im more active on discord: Alex The Abomination#0532
No, Green Grass Eat MY A-
Trystan The Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #7
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Yay dis wholesome boi is in srb2
Old 10-04-2020   #8
DaJumpJump
Local idiot

...wow i did not expect this here.
not saying its bad though
Old 10-05-2020   #9
BobbyMcdonald

S h e ' s FLOATING
BobbyMcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020   #10
Professor Eevee
Tempbanned (Strike 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymcdonald View Post
s h e ' s FLOATING
It is a He ok? also offsets aint my thing
Old 10-05-2020   #11
LuxisLand
𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝒹.

Bruh, i have seen this on the [Forbidden Place] and i was thinking this would never be on here, no offense...
But congratulations, you got on releases of the MB!
Old 10-05-2020   #12
HamzzThaPotatoes
CEO of Nothing

So, i tried the characters in srb2 2.2.7 (of the android port) And..well it says, process killed by signal, not sure why its says that.. I downloaded the A.I.R Eevee, is it not working bc im using an outdated version of srb2 or the file i has got corrupted, Or even if im too dumb to fix the problem, anyway heres the thing i said ,idk how to attach some thumbnail thing hehe
Hamz (AKA potatoes)#4860
HamzzThaPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020   #13
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzzThaPotatoes View Post
So, i tried the characters in srb2 2.2.7 (of the android port) And..well it says, process killed by signal, not sure why its says that.. I downloaded the A.I.R Eevee, is it not working bc im using an outdated version of srb2 or the file i has got corrupted, Or even if im too dumb to fix the problem, anyway heres the thing i said ,idk how to attach some thumbnail thing hehe
Hmmm... It must be the version i guess, if the problem persists then i suggest you to reinstall the mod. If it doesn't work then the only thing i can say is wait for the next version :/
Rafael44642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020   #14
Frostiikin
Insert funny hahas here

This still has every single problem that I outlined in dms with you on discord. I'm not gonna rail on the sprites of course, while you can still learn more about spriting as you go on, you still at least did all angles for it, which is a commendable effort. I'd highly reccomend checking out MotorRoach's pinned srb2 spriting tutorial in the official discord's #spriting channel before starting another project. My issue with this however is that none of these abilities make any sense for an eevee, and most of the abilities are just taken from the lua releases section of the mb. Every single one of these abilities is one of sonic's abilities, the Peel-Out, Drop Dash, and Insta-Shield are all things that sonic does, not eevee. Being a pokemon, there are tons of unique moves and abilities that you could've used as inspiration for abilities for him (For example, what if pressing spin created one of the stars from the Swift move, and you could then either hop on the star to use it as a way to get across pits, or simply let it go to use it as a projectile?), but instead, you just... took sonic's abilities. I hope you reconsider changing up Eevee's abilities at some point to be more akin to some of the countless options you have for actual pokemon-related abilities rather than keeping them the way they are currently. An eevee of all pokemon has some of the highest potential for an incredibly fun srb2 character, but what we got here was essentially just a pointy clone.

Last edited by Frostiikin; 10-06-2020 at 01:11 AM.
Frostiikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020   #15
Professor Eevee
Tempbanned (Strike 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostiikin View Post
This still has every single problem that I outlined in dms with you on discord. I'm not gonna rail on the sprites of course, while you can still learn more about spriting as you go on, you still at least did all angles for it, which is a commendable effort. I'd highly reccomend checking out MotorRoach's pinned srb2 spriting tutorial in the official discord's #spriting channel before starting another project. My issue with this however is that none of these abilities make any sense for an eevee, and most of the abilities are just taken from the lua releases section of the mb. Every single one of these abilities is one of sonic's abilities, the Peel-Out, Drop Dash, and Insta-Shield are all things that sonic does, not eevee. Being a pokemon, there are tons of unique moves and abilities that you could've used as inspiration for abilities for him (For example, what if pressing spin created one of the stars from the Swift move, and you could then either hop on the star to use it as a way to get across pits, or simply let it go to use it as a projectile?), but instead, you just... took sonic's abilities. I hope you reconsider changing up Eevee's abilities at some point to be more akin to some of the countless options you have for actual pokemon-related abilities rather than keeping them the way they are currently. An eevee of all pokemon has some of the highest potential for an incredibly fun srb2 character, but what we got here was essentially just a pointy clone.
can u pls stop being so harsh about my character. since its my character i have the rights to use what abilities i want him to have
Old 10-06-2020   #16
Frostiikin
Insert funny hahas here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Eevee View Post
can u pls stop being so harsh about my character. since its my character i have the rights to use what abilities i want him to have
And I also have the rights to criticize something that you put up publicly on the internet. You are not required to accept my criticism, like you clearly aren't doing, but I have every right to put it out there. I could have been much harsher then I was, and seeing something that just happened to me irl that's none of your buisness, if I would've written that post a few hours later, I would have been much harsher.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

and please i swear to god dont ask about it i dont have the energy to deal with any more of then then is already going on

Last edited by Frostiikin; 10-06-2020 at 05:59 AM.
Frostiikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020   #17
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostiikin View Post
And I also have the rights to criticize something that you put up publicly on the internet. You are not required to accept my criticism, like you clearly aren't doing, but I have every right to put it out there. I could have been much harsher then I was, and seeing something that just happened to me irl that's none of your buisness, if I would've written that post a few hours later, I would have been much harsher.
Look, I've come under fire for being needlessly critical on the forums lately too and lemme tell you something. There is no divine right bestowed upon you to cast judgement upon this character, and nobody is under any obligation to do as you say.

This isn't about you. It does not hurt you by simply existing, and there are more constructive ways to offer feedback than this.

You wouldn't yell at a kid for colouring outside of the lines, or drawing a blue flower with yellow leaves, so so what if this Eevee mod is a little bit fantastical? Just leave it alone and move on.
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020   #18
sandslashsoda

Default Huge fan of this mod.

This is one of the first Pokemon mods ive managed to stumble opon for this version of SRB2, and I love it! The speed makes going through levels extremley fun, The peelout works super well, and the air-slash is dope, and the double jump makes platforming pretty fun imo.
I think the sprites are absolutely adorable, although maybe a few edits on the continue sprites would be cool?

Good job!

- nebb
sandslashsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020   #19
Professor Eevee
Tempbanned (Strike 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandslashsoda View Post
This is one of the first Pokemon mods ive managed to stumble opon for this version of SRB2, and I love it! The speed makes going through levels extremley fun, The peelout works super well, and the air-slash is dope, and the double jump makes platforming pretty fun imo.
I think the sprites are absolutely adorable, although maybe a few edits on the continue sprites would be cool?

Good job!

- nebb
thank u dude for some nice words about my eevee
Old 10-06-2020   #20
Xstatic
Smiley Trashbag

Yo, listen. All we're trying to do is just offer a bit of criticism, some people might put it in the best of words, I might not put MY post in the best of words too. And that's alright. You're eevee is good for a start, but you could learn so much more than just dithering, and dabbing. If you'd listen to some of the criticism, you'd be just as good as people like roach, or alice, or guys like that. I see a good future for this guy.
Xstatic is offline   Reply With Quote