This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasumi-chan

CEO of Reminiscences
A collection of characters from multiple authors, coming from versions ranging from 1.0 all the way to 2.1.
REMINISCENCESBANNERV1.png

Dr.Pepper's Characters:
TailsRE:
aaaaa.png

Origin: TailsRE was made back in the 1.09.4 era, by Dr.Pepper. He's part of the collection of Dr.Pepper's REmix character add-ons.
Moves:
Flight: TailsRE's flight works similarly to Adventure 1 Tails' flight. You can hold the jump button instead of mashing it down, however Tails tires faster than usual.
Tailswipe: Hold spin while standing still/walking to make Tails spin his tails around, works as a melee attack and can damage badniks/monitors.
Tips: TailsRE is a slow character, however he's very suitable for beginners and has quite a bit of potential due to his easier flight.

MightyRE:

xtracccc.png

Origin: MightyRE was made in the 1.09.4 era, by Dr.Pepper, as part of Dr.Pepper's REmix character collection.
Moves:
Stompdash: Press Jump mid-air to drop to the ground, when you reach the ground a circular effect will appear, wiping out any enemies that touch it. However, if you hold spin while stomping, Mighty will instantly charge a spindash. Really good for curves and for getting speed. The higher Mighty falls, the higher the spindash is.
Wallkick: Hold Jump nearby a wall to kick off of it and jump into another one.
Hardshell: If you jump into a spike once, you will bounce off of it thanks to Mighty's shell. If you spinjump at the right time, you can also block certain projectiles.
Tips: Mighty is a bit slow, but he's better for veteran players, due to his bigger toolkit. It's better to train a couple of his moves before trying him on a level, as they all have big potential.

ShadowRE:

bruhh.png

Origin: ShadowRE was made in the 1.09.4 era by Dr.Pepper. He's part of Dr.Pepper's REmix character collection.
Moves:
Homing Attack
: Press Jump mid-air when you're close enough to an enemy, (and if the arrow is pointing above them) to do a Homing Attack. Practical for wiping out tons of enemies in a couple strikes.
Water-skate: Shadow can skate on water if he runs into a pool.
Light-Speed-Dash: Shadow can dash along a trail of rings if you press Custom 1. The Light-Dash's psyhics are sensitive, if you dash upon a ringtrail pointing upward, you'll go flying right into the sky. Really good for shortcuts.
Tips: ShadowRE is a character good for beginners and veterans. Practicing the Light-Dash, and the Water-skating can come in handy.

SonicRE:

XTRAB0.png

Origin: SonicRE was made in the 1.09.4 era, by Dr.Pepper, as part of Dr.Pepper's REmix character collection.
Moves:
Homing Attack
: Press Jump mid-air when you're close enough to an enemy, (and if the arrow is pointing above them) to do a Homing Attack. Practical for wiping out tons of enemies in a couple strikes.
Bounce Attack: Press Spin mid-air to do a Bounce Attack. Sonic bounces back and forth, and it's useful to cross gaps and get extra height.
Spindrift: Press Spin in the ground to do a Spindrift. The Spindrift sort of saves the latest spindash you did, and lets you use it without charging it fully at all. Let's say you charge a full spindash, and the next time you spindash, you will automatically do the full spindash without charging it fully, keep this in mind.
Tips: SonicRE is a character suited for veterans, his skills are really good if you know how to use them right. Practice the Spindrift and combine it with the Bounce Attack to cover large areas.

SSNBlaze:

bru.png

Origin: SSNBlaze comes from the 1.09.4 era, made by Dr.Pepper. SSNBlaze is the older version of BlazeRE, which again was made later by Dr.Pepper too.
Moves:
Burst Hover: The Burst Hover is a Hover move, which accelerates constantly, and it also spawns a fire trail behind Blaze, which can damage enemies if you time it just right. Be careful though! Blaze's Burst Hover is very stiff and slippery to control, the same goes to Blaze's spin/spindash, so try getting the hang of it first before using it alot!
Tips: Blaze is a character suitable for veterans, or players with more practice of her first. She has tons of potential, and she's even faster than Sonic if you use her correctly. The Burst Hover is a very powerful move which can cross tons of gaps, accelerates constantly and also has a wide hitbox thanks to Blaze's firetrail. Make sure to practice it, considering it along with Blaze's spin is slippery and stiff, so it might take a while to get used to it!

AmyRE:

XTRAB0AMY.png

Origin: AmyRE was made in the 1.09.4 era, by Dr.Pepper. She is actually a remake of Chrispy's and Golden Shine's AmyR.
Moves:
Hammer Rush: Basically, a Super-Peel-Out, but it can damage enemies, and break spikes and walls. Try using the light charged Charge Jump with it to do some sharp curves, and still keep your momentum from the Rush.
Charge Jump: If you hold the Jump Button mid-air, you will begin to charge the Charge Jump. The more you charge it, the higher you go, but the more momentum you lose. If you wish to keep your speed, just tap it or don't hold it for too long. Really useful to reach high areas, or to do curves.
Hammer Swing: Press Spin while moving to swing your hammer for a few seconds. Don't spam it too much, it has a small cooldown.
Tips: AmyRE is a really good character, both for beginners and veterans. Her Hammer Rush grants tons of speed while still dealing damage, and the Charge Jump lets you reach really high areas.

SallyRE:

XTRAB0SALLY.png

Origin: SallyRE was made in the 1.09.4 era by Dr.Pepper, she was a continuation of Chrispy's Sally.
Moves:
Crouch: Sally can crouch, which allows her to use one of her moves, which is the somersault. It can also save her from certain crushing hazards, like the ones in Egg Rock 1.
Slide: While moving, Sally can slide, letting her get under gaps, damage enemies, and yet again do a somersault.
Somersault: The somersault can be done while crouching or sliding, but it can also be done while jumping. It allows Sally to get speed and reach higher areas. You can also hold Spin and Jump to constantly do various somersaults.
Tips: Sally might be slow, but she is very beginner friendly. Mastering the use of the somersaults to do some sharp curves can help you use some shortcuts. The somersault can also avoid certain hazards if you time it right, you can also skip over water if you somersault into a lake.

Changelogs:
Version 1.0 Changelog!
-Everyone has an actual transform animation that isn't just rolling into a ball
-Sonic, Mighty, Tails, Shadow, and Amy will be able to transform into Super.
-Super Tails has his flickies with him during his superform.
-A duo system for SonicRE and TailsRE (and also a secret duo if you use Modern Sonic)
-Most sprites look smoother and more detailed (Mighty's hammer ball, the new superform sprites)
-Everyone has actual spindash sprites
-Superforms actually have a glowing color right now instead of a slate color
-Shadow's coloring is now his dark parts of the fur instead of the red stripes
-New icons that were missing for certain characters were added in
-Legacy Blaze got more fixes about her superform sprites.
-SonicRE can bounce infinitely now, just like Adventure 2.
-SonicRE's eyes are red during his super form, and TailsRE's eyes during his super form are orange
-Mighty has a new move called the Stomp-dash. Hold the Spin button while stomping to instantly release a charged spindash.
and much more!

Upcoming Additions for v2:
-Bugfixes, (also fixes the warnings in this version)
-More moves for characters already in the pack
-Three more characters (Donnyku's Amy and Shadow, Chaos Zero 64's Charmy)
-New sprites that were missing before, which are custom-made, like the constellations
-A new taunt feature with unique sprites and music (Also, toggeable by command)
-Milne, Dirk and XMomentum support
-Buffs, and adjustments for characters (Like Mighty's startaccel, which we made him less slow in underwater)
-New details for older moves (newer sprites, or effects for moves like Sally's slide, or Tails' tailswipe)
-ShadowRE will get a whole new moveset
-A solo version of the pack, with each character and extra bonus being available separately.

Credits:
MotdSpork - Bounce Attack, Super Peel-out
DerpyBubblez - Tailswipe attack
Badz/Badnik - Light-speed-dash
Golden Shine - Lua help with Blaze/Sonic
Appleblurt - SSNMighty Lua
TeriosSonic - Helping developing Lua, bug fixes, character ideas, etc.
Xstatic - SA1 Spindash Lua
Dr.Pepper/.Luke/Lilly - For making their characters.
Zolton - For putting all the characters together in a .pk3, giving suggestions and ideas, and doing fixes for Blaze's superform.
Glaber - For SallyRE's original character select art

Hope you guys enjoy this add-on as much as we did making it!

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 3,162
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,270
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 3,108
  • srb20008.gif
    srb20008.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,558
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 3,405
  • srb20126.gif
    srb20126.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,646
  • srb20125.gif
    srb20125.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,877
  • CL_ReminiscencesPack-v1.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 10,358
Last edited:
Ah... This was coming wasn't it.

here before you recolour SonicRE into green instead of using start colour

Oooo, these are pretty neat. Cool to see some of what I missed out on catching up~

Mighty is one of my favorite Classic characters, and I can appreciate the approach to making him heavy but strong, though he's very very slow to start and feels sluggish. And playing as him underwater is a task and a half xP
I also think his Hammer Drop should destroy a ring around him rather than what's directly below him, the 3D space makes it slightly less effective

Also Tails' Rhythm Badge spin here is similar to something I want to do, think maybe some time you could teach me how to make a move similar to it?~

To fix SonicRE's eyes, you could go the easy way and grab the original blue sprites and set the startcolor on the S_SKIN to 144. Or go the hard way and recolor Sonic's eyes in the sprites to the secondary green [112-119 on the palette] to make them not change color. If you can't find the original blue sprites, I have them, and I could give them to you.
Edit: I did it myself :P
attachment.php

I also added back the missing life icon for Super SonicRE. If you want I could send you this wad so you can update it.
Also, I did a script a while ago for a better SA1-style Tails flight. It's much shorter but much faster, like in SA1. I could put it in TailsRE and send it to you too.
Edit: Gif showcasing my flight script.
attachment.php

I also did a small edit to the tailswipe to make you able to tailswipe while walking, because in SA1 you needed to start running to be able to roll.
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20318.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 25,393
  • srb20322.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 25,398
  • srb20328.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 25,306
Last edited:
Version 3.0 is out!

Thanks to TeriosSonic's help, a couple of bugfixes are now available!

Version 3.0 Changelog:
-Removed Donnyku Amy to turn this into an only Dr.Pepper character pack.
-Fixed ShadowRE's lightdash and skating sprites with a new sound effect.
-TailsRE's flight is now nerfed. It's much more similar to his SA1 flight, so it should be still easier to fly around. Use it wisely though!
-SonicRE's eyes are actually green no matter what your color is.

For those wondering what specifically changed on ShadowRE's abilities [even though it's pretty obvious lol]:

*Running animation [skating] now goes at a fixed speed. It also has multiplied frames so it looks like actual skating.
*Skating now does sounds.
*Light Dash damages enemies and curls you afterwards, no more bumping into enemies just after lightdashing and losing all the rings you just collected.
*Light Dash now uses falling sprites, like the old 1.09.4 lightdash.
I'm also helping Kasumi with the upcoming characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back