- What permissions do you give others to modify and/or maintain your submission?
- Modify: ASK ME - Maintain: IN MY ABSENCE - Others must ask me for permission before modifying my submission or use it in their own work, and I reserve the right to say no for any reason. However, if I can no longer be contacted, I give permission for my entire submission to be maintained by others.
N64 Mario jumps in!
His sky-high jumps and capable moveset allow for a gameplay flow unlike many others!
Enemies take 2 pieces from your health and fire and crush damage take 3.
If you want health mode off, use the console command "rkyhealthmode" [0/1]/[off/on].
Mario can also break minecart doors by punching or kicking them. He can also escape minecarts by pressing Spin when riding a minecart.
What if you need to fit inside small spaces?
That's where the Crouch comes in.
Hold Spin and you can Crawl through small spaces.
Double tap Spin to Roll.
Mario can also Sweep Kick while crouching by pressing Custom 1. It can be used to attack approaching enemies and to bust a move.
What's a Mario character without his signature Ground Pound?
Spin while in the air to perform one. It can also shred through breakable floors, like the ones Amy and Fang bust.
Speaking of Mario's jump, the faster you go, the higher you jump.
Mario also has the Triple Jump and Side Somersault. They pretty much work the same as they did in SM64.
Underwater, Mario has another move up his sleeve: swimming.
Press Jump to start swimming. You can also cancel the swim by pressing Custom 1.
Spin to do a Swim Drill. This is how you attack underwater, but you're committed to the Drill once you perform it, so use it cautiously.
Mario's Super transformation can't swim since he gets too heavy, but he can breathe underwater to compensate. He can still breathe air bubbles, so you can steal them when someone else is drowning if you feel like griefing that day.
Mario can activate the Armageddon Shield by pressing Custom 3.
Cherry - Co-director, main programmer.
Oreo - Modeled the original Mario model's mesh, base materials, new Mario model (mesh and rigging).
OtherChen - Base for Mario's crouch move.
Golden Shine - Made the player collision example code, which served as a base for bumper and booster collision.
Junio Team - Ported the spindash dust code and programmed the base for crouch and Jump Special checking.
Water Vapor - Sprited Mario's ending constellation and cleaned up the CSS art.
Dokotroopi - Made the MARIO font for the CSS.
SMS Alfredo (for the MK64 Cast) - Made the base system for camera angle checking.
Audio is from Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door.
daypeecone and Rainy (for Church of Kondo) - Remastered the music tracks from Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 used in this mod.
SM64 Decomp, libsm64 - Giving us readily-available SM64 code that was (mostly) easy to convert to BLUA
Gomynola - Original footsteps code.
Fixed the horizontal spring bug causing Mario to Lunge Jump infinitely.
Mario's special stage sprites are now updated to depict Wing Mario.
Swimming has been remapped to Custom 1, so Mario can now Lunge Jump underwater. Mario also falls faster when swimming.
Mario's underwater damage state has been updated to behave like the vanilla pain state.
V1.2 - Wall Kicks Will Work
Wall Kicks are added.
Swimming is remapped back to Jump with the Swim Cancel left in Custom 1, so Mario can no longer Lunge Jump underwater.
Swimming speed is buffed and Drill now stacks.
Superman glitch was both fixed and made official. Instructions in Mod Overview.
Lunge Jump is now more steerable and is way less buggy overall.
Proper XMomentum and ChrispyTricks support is added.
Run and Ground Pound land animations are updated.
Mario can no longer roll before the Race countdown finishes.
Mario's underwater check is made more accurate, so now he can no longer air swim in certain sections.
Lunge Jump now gives its usual speed boost when Mario falls too fast.
Mario is now CTF compatible, so he can no longer Lunge Jump or Wall Kick when carrying a flag...
...and some other details I probably forgot about.
V2.0 - True Potential
Added the punch combo and air kick.
Redone the crouch sliding, added Sweep and Slide Kick.
Added Triple Jump and Side Somersault.
Visual effects for ground pounding.
V2.0.5 - Goop Accel
Fixed the Slide Kick allowing the player to Punch.
Fixed the Punch combo "softlock" in goop.
V2.5 - What's N64 about this again?
Wall Kick completely overhauled.
Coins, 1UP, and Star added.
Music was changed to Church of Kondo's remastered versions.
Super transformation remapped to Custom 3.
Minor touches to more closely match Mario's N64 titles.
New death animations.
Ground Pound now breaks spikes.
Due to potential for softlocks in modded stages, activating the Armageddon Shield is mapped to Custom 3.
V3.0 - Entering the N64DD: Full Overhaul
To celebrate the mod's (late) 2 year anniversary counting the start of its development time, here's a major update.
- Complete visual and audio revamp.
- Many, many bugfixes.
- Mario can now break minecart doors and escape minecarts.
- Crawling and swimming now has analog control.
- Mario's moves now adjust according to his scale.
- Ringslinger game modes now use ring monitors instead of hearts.
- Mario now adjusts control styles correctly in Ringslinger.
- Mario's Slide and Sweep Kicks can now break spikes, break minecart doors, and spawn coins from enemies.
- Mario can no longer break spikes by Ground Pounding, but he can break them by punching and kicking instead.
- Coins from enemies now attract to Mario when he has the Attraction or Electric shields.
- Mario doesn't need to get air when finishing acts underwater in multiplayer.
- Mario's health now scales in splitscreen.
- New skin colors: Promo and Rokuyon. Promo is Mario's default color, and Rokuyon is an alternate with orange highlights to reference different versions of the original promo model.
- Some other changes I forgot since there's alot of changes.
rkysuperman [on/off] or [0/1]