• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Sonic Megamix Pack

This is the
SONIC MEGAMIX PACK
a fun little idea I've had for a while which I'm finally giving a shot.

So what the hell is this?

Well, my unknown reader, this is a mappack I'm currently making with one key idea between most zones.
That idea is simple, revisit zones from past Sonic media (with some with changes) some never seen in games before and whatnot.​

Ok that's cool and all but what does that even mean?

Well basically, zones that have appeared in past Sonic games but now with changes from time, or zones that have never been in a playable form.
It'd probably be better to get an example, so you'll understand once we move onto the demonstrations.

I'm also planning for the mappack to be mod-friendly, as in having things like the Shadow Monitors, Minecart Rails with no Minecarts for Modern to use and maybe more!

Alright, what are those demonstrations then?

I have GIFs of Act 1 of the first zone, Greenflower Mountain Zone, starting with...
The starting area:
srb20020.gif

The water tunnel (pt. 1):
srb20021.gif

The water tunnel (pt. 2):
srb20022.gif

The spin path:
srb20024.gif

The first Emerald Token:
srb20025.gif

(Yes, I'm aware of the weird skybox thing with the corner there, I'm working on it.)

The sub-titular Freezing Caves:
srb20026.gif

(The freezing water only appears in this area and the Amy/Fang path, as a tutorial to help differentiate freezing water with the normal water, planned for more of an appearance in Act 2.)

The freezing pool where the split paths re-join (Plus a Water Sheild to show it's immunity to the water):
srb20027.gif

The BIG area, planned for the thumbnail of the stage:
srb20030.gif

The snow halfpipe before a kind of but not really unfinished vacant town, not going to be shown here.
Oh also right after the BIG area:
srb20032.gif

Most of the Greenflower Mountain will use textures and things from the main SRB2.pk3, but later zones will use more and more textures and things from outside SRB2.pk3. don't worry. :threat:

And a Video from Zone 2. What is that Zone? See for yourself!

Yep, that's right.

Desert Dazzle, the cut zone from CD, is being recreated for this mappack.
And what you just saw was an extremely early version of the map, far from ready to play.

There's also going to be the Time Travel signs from the asset linked below, so yes, Time Traveling. I can't imagine making 3 maps with minor differences each must be fun but I've gone too far now.
(EDIT: As said in a comment I left below, I've decided against using the time travel signs for main campaign but I'll still make a version where time travel is possible as a bonus stage. It won't be playable in Multiplayer with how the asset works, unfortunately.)

And since I'm a little exited right now, I'm going to tease the next zone which is currently only in the level header list, it's something from one of the Tails Game Gear games. That's all I'll tell you for now though.​

That's all, folks!

That's all I'm going to show you for this WIP showcase, I'll try to get this done as well as I can but as I have no time limit, only myself making the maps and I procrastinate hard, don't expect frequent updates, nor for this to be finished any time soon.

I'm going to link the currently "in the pk3" addons for reference, and then I'm going to abruptly stop writing.

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/time-warp-signs.4748/

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/slot-machine.59/

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/escape-sequence.4532/

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/shadow-the-hedgehog.517/
(Just the Shadow Monitors.)

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/plushimas-asset-collection-pac.3139/
(Just the absolutely magnificent creation that is the Flight Boosters, modified to fix the depreciated warning.)

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/halfpipe-utilities.4128/
(Will not be used for every stage, but currently is planned for use in GFMZ2 and DDZ1.)

https://mb.srb2.org/addons/esp-extra-shields-and-powerups.68/

Last edited:
So this is basically Sonic Generations but longer and fanmade?

Awesome concept, and from the looks of it, awesome zones, too. This is gonna be quite a nostalgic addon.

This is already insanely cool looking. And I almost gasped when I saw "Desert Dazzle" appear at the beginning of the video! And I just wanna guess what the Tails Game Gear level might be...Poloy Forest, maybe?
Anyway, COOL MOD!!! It looks SO AWESOME and I can only imagine what it'll be like when it's eventually finished!!

So this is basically Sonic Generations but longer and fanmade?

Awesome concept, and from the looks of it, awesome zones, too. This is gonna be quite a nostalgic addon.
Seems like it. Imma give this the nickname, Sonic: Lost Generations.

Don't worry, it's been months since I announced this pack but I'm still cookin, I haven't made any progress on zone 3 yet but GFMZ1 is mostly finished and GFMZ2 is getting there. I've also worked out what I'm doing for special stages, all that's left is to fill out the remaining empty zones for campaign, a bonus stage or two and maybe battle stages. Once I finish up the first zone I might quickly throw together a demo pack but no promises :threat:

Also, regarding DDZ, I've decided against using the time travel signs for main campaign, but I'll still make a version where time travel is possible as a bonus stage. It won't be playable in Multiplayer with how the asset works, unfortunately.

Well that's all I got to say, just wanted to quickly update since I haven't said anything about this in months. See you later!

Hi there.

I've decided out of nowhere to record a small part of Greenflower Mountain Act 2 and show it off.
(it's compressed from like 50mb so excuse any bad quality)

As you can see, I've made a Sonic R boost pad for some reason.
Do not ever let me near zoom tube components again😭

Jokes aside, this is the area shortly past the stage's first checkpoint. Everything outside of this room will remain a secret for now :)
Don't worry about the automation of that part, it's not a thing for the entire stage, you'll still have to play the game. I'm not making Sonic Forces after all.

Well that's about it, just wanted to show off a little of what I've been doing recently.
By the way, if you're curious about anything then feel free to ask me. I won't reveal everything about the pack yet, but I might let one or two things slip if you ask :threat:
Don't expect an answer instantly though I might not be here when you ask lmao​

Alright, back to Zone Builder hell I go, later!

Hi there.

I've decided out of nowhere to record a small part of Greenflower Mountain Act 2 and show it off.
(it's compressed from like 50mb so excuse any bad quality)
View attachment 118328

As you can see, I've made a Sonic R boost pad for some reason.
Do not ever let me near zoom tube components again😭

Jokes aside, this is the area shortly past the stage's first checkpoint. Everything outside of this room will remain a secret for now :)
Don't worry about the automation of that part, it's not a thing for the entire stage, you'll still have to play the game. I'm not making Sonic Forces after all.

Well that's about it, just wanted to show off a little of what I've been doing recently.
By the way, if you're curious about anything then feel free to ask me. I won't reveal everything about the pack yet, but I might let one or two things slip if you ask :threat:
Don't expect an answer instantly though I might not be here when you ask lmao​

Alright, back to Zone Builder hell I go, later!
Looking great man! Looking forward to seeing more progress! I can tell you've been putting a lot of passion into this. Keep up the hard work! you got this! (make sure you don't overwork yourself!)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back