This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
More cleanups! Have another beta to find out what's broken this time and stay up to date.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...52497371306/CL_SMSreborn-v2-6-PublicBeta5.pk3

srb20474.gif

srb20477.gif
these graphics look fire good job

More cleanups! Have another beta to find out what's broken this time and stay up to date.
In the 2.6/3.0 beta release 5 i have found a couple bugs that i wish to share to hopefully get them patched, Keep up the good work golden shine! As the effects are banger so far!
srb20004.gif

I am unsure if you had already found this, But better safe than buggy,
Surface of water causes Sms to pause, Dunno 'bout anything... But I believe its because its switching between the surface and underside of the water because technically their hitbox is in both so it waits(?) for them to slide down.
Which conjures a image of sms splatting on the surface of the water like some sort of insect but thats irrelevant.
EDIT: i wonder if sms will have that sudo chroma effect like S.A.S had...
Post automatically merged:

I have found yet another bug, Though it looks familiar and the same to another, You activate it through Dodging up a slope(?) or maybe dodging onto a surface that stops the dodge from finishing:
srb20015.gif

Last edited:
I can't tell if this is srb2 or not.. but when using the mod for the latest of sonic robo blast 2. He seems, slower?
is that an srb2 thing or mod related?

In the 2.6/3.0 beta release 5 i have found a couple bugs that i wish to share to hopefully get them patched, Keep up the good work golden shine! As the effects are banger so far!
View attachment 96034
I am unsure if you had already found this, But better safe than buggy,
Surface of water causes Sms to pause, Dunno 'bout anything... But I believe its because its switching between the surface and underside of the water because technically their hitbox is in both so it waits(?) for them to slide down.
Which conjures a image of sms splatting on the surface of the water like some sort of insect but thats irrelevant.
EDIT: i wonder if sms will have that sudo chroma effect like S.A.S had...

I have found yet another bug, Though it looks familiar and the same to another, You activate it through Dodging up a slope(?) or maybe dodging onto a surface that stops the dodge from finishing:View attachment 96145
Hmm, you mean the water-running with enough speed seems like a bug? That's just...a vanilla SRB2 ability? I don't see an issue, tbh. I got the slope-thing covered, though!

these graphics look fire good job
srb20542.gif

Lot of minor visual touch-ups like that incoming. SMS' 3 flame types(Single Flameshot, CrossFlame, and Diffusion Flame) each have some added effects too to stand out more from one another.

...should I feel bad I'm using most of the performance gains to pour more into effects?

umm why do i hear boss musicView attachment 97346
1116818994658295881.webp

Hmm, you mean the water-running with enough speed seems like a bug? That's just...a vanilla SRB2 ability? I don't see an issue, tbh. I got the slope-thing covered, though!

srb20542.gif

Lot of minor visual touch-ups like that incoming. SMS' 3 flame types(Single Flameshot, CrossFlame, and Diffusion Flame) each have some added effects too to stand out more from one another.

...should I feel bad I'm using most of the performance gains to pour more into effects?

1116818994658295881.webp
HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS CLEAN

srb20542.gif

1116818994658295881.webp
I ment the pause when in-between the surface of the water,
And you shouldn't feel bad because you can just turn off the effects, Right? :worry:
Post automatically merged:

AND BEFORE I FORGET,
Could you make it so that you can transform quickly? By either lowering the ring requirement or making the transformation not require stopping-- Or even make it instant! Maybe even both?
Its been a bit annoying when I had to slow down to transform into sms, While yes it would gain me time in the long run; Its a bit of downtime that can get annoying after awhile, With this change it could make it snapier and worth playing other Sonic's.

Last edited:
I ment the pause when in-between the surface of the water,
And you shouldn't feel bad because you can just turn off the effects, Right? :worry:
Yes, you can turn off graphic effects like before. Out of experience alot of players tend to forget options exist when they need them most, though. I guess that's what bothers me.

Could you make it so that you can transform quickly? By either lowering the ring requirement or making the transformation not require stopping-- Or even make it instant! Maybe even both?
Had a method in mind? I don't want to break compatibility with mods by using interfering button combinations.

Yes, you can turn off graphic effects like before. Out of experience alot of players tend to forget options exist when they need them most, though. I guess that's what bothers me.

Had a method in mind? I don't want to break compatibility with mods by using interfering button combinations.
How about C3+Fire/Firenormal? I dont think anyth- Any-SONIC uses that combo, so aheehghhgsggagnaf?

Progress report: Project is moving along very smoothly! Forget about SMSreborn v2.6, this is becoming SMSreborn v3.0 for sure. It'll be the closest thing to a Super Mystic Sonic Reborn-Reborn we'll ever see! There's even more code cleanup(sick of hearing that yet?), many control & QoL improvements, SMS' walljump has been completely revamped, and there's over 200+ new effects sprinkled in because I really had that much performance to spare.

srb20556.gif

Expect to see SMS ascending to new heights in a couple weeks!

Progress report: Project is moving along very smoothly! Forget about SMSreborn v2.6, this is becoming SMSreborn v3.0 for sure. It'll be the closest thing to a Super Mystic Sonic Reborn-Reborn we'll ever see! There's even more code cleanup(sick of hearing that yet?), many control & QoL improvements, SMS' walljump has been completely revamped, and there's over 200+ new effects sprinkled in because I really had that much performance to spare.

srb20556.gif

Looks Like Anime.
A Anime op characters are very cool.
I think my pc can make bomb with him 😂

srb20556.gif

NAH THE EFFECTS WENT TO A BRAND NEW LEVEL

srb20556.gif

excuse me.
SMSREBORN 3.0????
okay man, you're going too far with this, keep it up tho :)

Here's a public beta for v2-6! I've been doing tons of under-the-hood work improving performance, netgame stability, and updating SMSreborn's 9-years-old Lua framework. That means everything needs intensive retesting to see if it still works as intended!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...76332165160/CL_SMSreborn-v2-6-PublicBeta3.pk3
srb20464.gif

HMS' Atom Dive nuke spawns over 200 more extra sprites now, and STILL performs better, even in the game-intensive Hollowed Hill.

We might get more visual flashiness in the final v2-6, or depending on how ambitious I get, even some overhauled/new moves and controls! If it gets that far, expect v2-6 to become v3-0!
Dragon ball Z? is that you?

srb20556.gif

WHO LET BRO COOK, ITS FIRE BRO GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Here's a small tidbit of SMS' speedy new omni-directional walljumps in action! (Don't mind the debug thok orbs!)
srb20613.gif

srb20618.gif

Your input + angle to the wall/object determines which of 6 walljump variations you'll do! There's no more cooldowns ever, and it now accounts for momentum, but repeatedly doing similar jumps now gradually penalizes height gained, so don't turn off your brain!
srb20621.gif

The revamped walljump meshes better with SMS' speed, and has a higher risk-reward ratio. For merely requiring a quick-tap of spin, it's highly complex and multifaceted. Pull it off right to move about with style and speed! I'll go more in-depth later.

As for HMS? Ahh, he's coming along fine...
srb20596.gif

Here's a small tidbit of SMS' speedy new omni-directional walljumps in action! (Don't mind the debug thok orbs!)
srb20613.gif

srb20618.gif

Your input + angle to the wall/object determines which of 6 walljump variations you'll do! There's no more cooldowns ever, and it now accounts for momentum, but repeatedly doing similar jumps now gradually penalizes height gained, so don't turn off your brain!
srb20621.gif

The revamped walljump meshes better with SMS' speed, and has a higher risk-reward ratio. For merely requiring a quick-tap of spin, it's highly complex and multifaceted. Pull it off right to move about with style and speed! I'll go more in-depth later.
nice, this is definitely a good step up from before!
(is the old walljump still gonna be in?)

nice, this is definitely a good step up from before!
(is the old walljump still gonna be in?
What do you mean by "Will the old walljump be in?"

Do you mean:
A. An option in the SMSMenu that you can swap out for the new walljump (which isn't likely)
B. The walljump but with zero caveats for overuse
C. An option to use old walljump effects

I don't see any other reason to want the old walljump other than it being slightly more op and infinitely usuable

Last edited:
What do you mean by "Will the old walljump be in?"

Do you mean:
A. An option in the SMSMenu that you can swap out for the new walljump (which isn't likely)
B. The walljump but with zero caveats for overuse
C. An option to use old walljump effects

I don't see any other reason to want the old walljump other than it being slightly more op and infinitely usuable
A

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back