This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Version 4 is here (big thanks to Zippy Zolton for handling it all)

Check the changelog for details

This happens with Version 3 as well but for some reason, the game tanks when I play as SSN Sonic and load up Slope Angle Roll. Kinda curious as to why.
96RbDQ9.gif

This happens with Version 3 as well but for some reason, the game tanks when I play as SSN Sonic and load up Slope Angle Roll. Kinda curious as to why.

This is just a quirk of how rotating sprites works in SRB2, since SSN Sonic's a far higher resolution than the average character he demands a lot more upon rotating.
If you try it out with other high resolution characters there'll be varying degrees of stutter as well.

This is just a quirk of how rotating sprites works in SRB2, since SSN Sonic's a far higher resolution than the average character he demands a lot more upon rotating.
If you try it out with other high resolution characters there'll be varying degrees of stutter as well.
I figured that was the case with higher resolution characters and you just confirmed my theory. Thanks Rem!

So, I guess I'm having the same problem as Larz, but since for some reason if SRB2 plays at 1 fps for me, the game straight up crashes for no reason. So when I turn on the slope stuff, I'm just 1 frames per second away from getting a crashed game. And also, mine lags a lot more than when Larz did it, which at least ran, but for me, it freezes for about 3 seconds and does it over and over until it's done.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 676
Last edited:
So, I guess I'm having the same problem as Larz, but since for some reason if SRB2 plays at 1 fps for me, the game straight up crashes for no reason. So when I turn on the slope stuff, I'm just 1 frames per second away from getting a crashed game. And also, mine lags a lot more than when Larz did it, which at least ran, but for me, it freezes for about 3 seconds and does it over and over until it's done.
This is the same exact issue. A more detailed explanation is that the game doesn't cache these sprites at their rollangle, which usually isn't a problem... But since these sprites are a high resolution and are being scaled down, it takes a toll and you'll have to tolerate caching it all when you first start using the mod.

i bet i will try to make ssnknuckles hd sometime or day

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

man this great 1st ssnsonichd then ssntailshd but whattabout ssn knuckles hd?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

takes hard spriting tho but there are some hd sprites in a certain ssn tails folder i know (srb2stf)

Last edited:
i bet i will try to make ssnknuckles hd sometime or day

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

man this great 1st ssnsonichd then ssntailshd but whattabout ssn knuckles hd?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

takes hard spriting tho but there are some hd sprites in a certain ssn tails folder i know (srb2stf)

An SSNKnuckles HD is impossible due to not existing an HD version of most sprites. Don't take this as fact as I've only heard it somewhere else, but it seems that most of Knuckles was sprited.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back