This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Wumbo

edited
attachment.php

It had to be done.

Version 4 (courtesy of Zippy Zolton)
  • Super Sonic (normal and NiGHTS) now uses its newer iteration
  • Spindash stats and sounds have been made more accurate to pre-2.2 versions
  • Fixed many sprite offsets
  • Character select bio has been tweaked
  • Changed signpost
Version 3
  • Spindashing now displays the thok/spin trail instead of the default spindash dust
Version 2
  • A thok/spin trail has been added (in high-quality too!)
  • The grey spot on several of Sonic's sprites has been updated to reflect newer versions
  • Super Sonic has a new life icon and no longer flashes during certain frames
  • Multithok now utilizes the multiability flag instead of a Lua script (thanks to Giga for letting me know about this)
  • The WAD is now compressed to minimize file size
Version 1
  • Initial release

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 5,639
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 7,094
  • VC_SSNSonicHD-v3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 6,900
  • RTX.png
    RTX.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 51,722
  • C_SSNSonicHD-v4.pk3
    1.1 MB · Views: 9,913
  • srb20013.jpg
    srb20013.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 2,017
  • srb20012.jpg
    srb20012.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,871
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the back and forth before getting this released, but this all checks out now! Welcome to releases, incredibly HD Sonic.

For what it's worth, you can use Multiability with Spindash now. CA2_SPINDASH and SF_MULTIABILITY are compatible - for that matter, SF_MULTIABILITY is a flag, like Metal Sonic's SF_DASHMODE and SF_SUPER (and you can use any amount of flags you want, as long as each one after the first is separated by the | character), and not part of CA2 anymore. So, you don't need a script for that functionality anymore.

Fun fact: I used this thing as a base for my SSN Sonic port to ease up a few things for me. Keep in mind, that was BEFORE HiReSSN got here in the Message Board.

Oh gosh, you used the very, VERY old Super Sonic drawing. XD XD

Were you missing any drawings to create this? I might have more stuff than what was included in my release pack of artwork. Happy to work with you on this.

For what it's worth, you can use Multiability with Spindash now. CA2_SPINDASH and SF_MULTIABILITY are compatible - for that matter, SF_MULTIABILITY is a flag, like Metal Sonic's SF_DASHMODE and SF_SUPER (and you can use any amount of flags you want, as long as each one after the first is separated by the | character), and not part of CA2 anymore. So, you don't need a script for that functionality anymore.
Really? Sweet, I'll be sure to use this method for the next version. There's virtually no documentation of 2.2's new modding features on the Wiki so thank you for this.

Oh gosh, you used the very, VERY old Super Sonic drawing. XD XD

Were you missing any drawings to create this? I might have more stuff than what was included in my release pack of artwork. Happy to work with you on this.
The only drawings I couldn't find for the love of me were the other rotations for the teetering animation and the goal post. The ancient Super Sonic drawings I actually had to finish myself (only the two front rotations had shading), though I noticed a couple of drafts for a faster flying pose too. I'm interested in seeing what else you might have in store!

Version 3 has been released! Spindashing now reflects pre-2.1 versions, as the spindash dust has been removed and a thok trail has been added in its place.

I like how it looks like SSNTails' cinematics (the ones that were intended to be in the game but ended up being scrapped from it).

I like the hand drawn look but honestly it clashes a bit too much with the rest of the game's aesthetic (it's like playing a PS1 game with a PS2 character)

Now the SSNTails´s Pack Artwork is lost make it the SSNTails HD & Knux HD Hard to make

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39440

Yeah, about SSNTails' sprites being lost...

Since the link by SSNTails was dead. The creator of the SSNSonic HD, Wumbo, reposted the link, and you can download it again.

Oh and also, i understand about Knux HD being hard, because theres no HD gliding animations.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back