This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
We didn't need a Heroes option, backwards compatibility, or character sign sprites within the ring. It could've just disappeared like in the original games and we would've been fine, but you had to go the extra mile, and so did Metalwario with the big SA-Sonic ending sprite.

...and I appreciate that!

Demnyx Onyxfur updated Goal Ring with a new update entry:

Updated for the Sonic 2006 level pack!

Be sure to set signtype to Heroes!
Although it won't work with the current version, everything will be functional in the level pack's next update.
View attachment 59401

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

how do you toggle between heroes ring and sa2 ring?
In the console, "signtype 0" is the SA2 ring, and "signtype 1" is the Heroes ring. My fault for not realizing to put that in the OP, sorry!

Last edited:
really nice

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 169
I am aware that when you switch from a goal ring to the vanilla sign after finishing a stage, it freaks out. Not sure how to really go about fixing that just yet, other than preventing the switch until the next map load.
yeah i suppose you should do that

Special Stage Support!

Special Stages look boring, let's fix them!
GIFs recorded in OpenGL using AurumPal
The Emerald Shrine notices your presence and presents you with your reward for completing its challenge!
View attachment 60424
Destroy the capture, and bring the token back to the shrine!
View attachment 60425
The Shrine accepts your token, removes the barrier, and rewards you!
View attachment 60426...

@Demnyx Onyxfur

Is the Goal Ring now properly functioning in the 06' Extended Port? Or does it require Mikheal to update it himself? v2.2.10 is here y'know

@Demnyx Onyxfur

Is the Goal Ring now properly functioning in the 06' Extended Port? Or does it require Mikheal to update it himself? v2.2.10 is here y'know
The way GoalRing is set up, Mikheal would have to replace the goalring objects at the end of stages with a signpost for GoalRing to do its thing.

Custom GoalRing End Sprites

HUUUUGE thank you to MotorRoach for the vanilla cast's sprites!

With the way this feature is set up, if you wish to create your own sprite for GoalRing, all you need to do is create a new sprite named "GENDA0" and place it with your skin's sprites under S_SKIN.

View attachment 68279 Use this as a base, and continue to modify your sprite's offsets until it fits nice and snug.

[ATTACH...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back