Gemma the Tarsier-Cat

Gemma the Tarsier-Cat v3.0.3/BM Support v3.0.1

A New Face has joined the Adventure...

yczNliS.png

Gemma is a young tarsier-cat hybrid and an aspiring adventurer born with geokinesis, a kind of power the lets the user control and manipulate earth at their own will.

She was living a rather mundane life... until she witnessed Dr. Eggman's vandalization of Greenflower mountain next to her and Mom's house, and heard news about his plans of conquest of the mysterious Black Rock, which recently returned to the planet's orbit. Noticing the famous Sonic the Hedgehog and his gang hopping into action, She eventually follows them to see for herself what is going on.

attachment.php
Ability
attachment.php

attachment.php

Tera-riser:
Double jump to drop downwards with enough force to break the floor beneath your feet and ride it upwards. You can jump or spindash off this newly created platform at anytime.

attachment.php

Tip: Hitting an enemy or hazard with the rock platform will allow you to perform the move again. Chain multiple together to gain maximum height!

attachment.php

Gemma is also Co-op friendly. You can use this ability to take your friends to a lift.

Otherwise, she pretty much plays like your traditional Sonic character, Classic Spin Jump, Spindash and all.

You can configure how Gemma's ability controls using the "gemmastyle" command. I/O support is included.

Hold (gemmastyle 1): Let go of jump while riding the platform to hop off of it.

Triple Jump (gemmastyle 2): Press jump while riding the platform to hop off it.
Fun Fact: Style 2 (Triple Jump) was the initial intent of how it was supposed to work.

attachment.php
Other Features
attachment.php

A partially-sprited Super form. Go get those Chaos Emeralds first, though.
Full Dirk compatibility (Both Frozen and Surf).
"Trick fail" sprites for Frostiikin's CrossMomentum mod.
Hug. (Custom 2)

attachment.php
Future Plans
attachment.php

Support for CobaltBW's Battle Mod

attachment.php
Changelog
attachment.php

v1.2.2b & v1.2.3PR1
- Revamped Rock Platform Sprites. (Special Thanks to Biggy-π#4819)
- Also fixed a typo in the CSS Description lol
- v1.2.3PR1 only: Replaced the "Hole" Graphic again. Use this version for the v2.2.9 pre-releases.

v1.2.2a
- Revamped CSS art

v1.2.2
- Added Hugs support because bored

v1.2.1
- Added a new "Hole" graphic when you perform the Tera-riser.

v1.2
- Removed "Mixed" (gemmastyle 0) playstyle.
- Gemma no longer performs the Tera-Riser if you land with the drill without holding jump. The small shockwave of rocks that you emit after landing with the drill now destroys enemies.
- You can now Spin-Dash while riding the rock platform.

v1.1.2
- Fixed a lua conflict with characters like Skip and Yoshi losing stomp damage.

v1.1.1
- added "Trick fail" sprites for Frostiikin's CrossMomentum mod.

v1.1
- Most Sprites had been touched up.

v1.0.1
- minor offset tweaks with RIDE sprites

v1
- initial release

As my first vanilla SRB2 character mod, it was certainly a far cry from making a HUD mod and a Kart character mod. But of course, i couldn't have done this on my own.

If not for these awesome (and funni) people in the SRB2 Community, this would've not been possible.

attachment.php
Credits
attachment.php

- Main Spriter and Character Owner -
RalphJeremy65 (me lol)

- Spriting Assistance -
Biggy-π#4819 (Rock Platform Sprite Revamp)

- Programming -
SMS Alfredo

- Reusable Content -
Dirk's Custom Super Colors by DirkTheHusky
Hugs by Tatsuru

- Suggestions/Ideas & Feedback (v1.2) -
Inazuma

- Beta Testers -
Logan8r
Frostiikin
Kwiin
LonelyFoxz

I hope you enjoy playing as Gemma!

Supporters / CoAuthors

I Feel As If Gemma Herself Deserves An 3D Model If Modern Sonic And Adventure Sonic Have One I Don't See Why Gemma Herself Can't Have One Too

RalphJeremy65 updated Gemma the Tarsier-Cat with a new update entry:

Blake the Tamaraw & Zella the Cobra debut + RockflowerChars conversion

That's right, Gemma's friends are finally joining her in SRB2!
View attachment 88404View attachment 88406
He can fly like Tails. That's it. Go home.
He can Glide & Climb like Knuckles. That's it. go home.
In addition, Gemma's sprites have been revamped once more, finally perfected after 2.4 years!

Now I can retire peacefully.

There will be no more...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

I Feel As If Gemma Herself Deserves An 3D Model If Modern Sonic And Adventure Sonic Have One I Don't See Why Gemma Herself Can't Have One Too
Yeah same , but sadly there's a big problem about that

Most of 3D-models content creators are focused on models from Official Sonic Characters , not OG chars from Srb2 because there are so many already on the Message Board that making 3D models from them takes centuries , and the most effort would depend on characters already known in the Sonic Franchise , im not saying this to offend those who make Original Characters in Srb2 , im fine with it honestly , but only the experts in models are currently the ones who decide whether to make the effort or not...

Last edited:
RalphJeremy65 updated Gemma the Tarsier-Cat with a new update entry:

v2.0.3 reversion + Progress of what's next to come

Hey y'all.

Now that April Fools is over, I suppose I should set things back to how it was before. I'll be honest, I kinda wish I had enough time to actually put more effort into my AFD joke. But oh well.

For actual progress of IwaflorChars (yeah that's the new name for RockflowerChars), here's some of Gemma's new walk animation:
View attachment 88535
Most of my resprites for Gemma in the course of two years were just partial resprites with a few new poses/animations...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

There might be a problem with Gemma being unable to break bustable blocks that are overlapping water fofs.

srb20027.gif

srb20033.gif

Last edited:
I somehow broke it in zombie escape, basically turning Gemma into a worse version of gb pepperman

Uh… more context please?
I think they are talking about the server with the same name (I'm cant play on pc rn and the 2.2.11 android port is incompatible with 32-bit devices so i can't check), where Gemma somehow doesn't work as intended, but idk since i can't acess the master server on 2.2.10
Post automatically merged:

Yeah i just found out Zombie Escape is an add-on, i just saw it in a server a few weeks ago lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back