RubyTheMii

Your average Internet doofus
What's up, y'all? Happy new year! Welcome to the Extra Life Classic discussion thread. You should already know how to download this mod.

The current version is v1.2.6, but all previous releases will be archived in the History tab.
This is my first ever major mod, and I hope you'll have lots of fun with it.

It is possible that v2 will be the final major update, as I will not have much else to add to the mod post-release.

I consider Fleetway Super Sonic and Extra Life to be different characters. As such, Fleetway Super will NOT be Extra Life's Super form in v2. Classic will most likely not be receiving a Super form in v1.3 either. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:
This is cool. It's essentially a more vertical Sonic. I dig it. Welcome to releases.

Well as I said in my review I wanted to leave some details that I do not mention if it is not too much trouble.

Bonus: make it possible to become super to understand emerald collecting

Bonus 2: let the character fall slower because it falls too fast! And that it makes sense to hold the spin because if you don't hold the spin, it will throw you the same as if you hold it.

and what can I say happy new year!!

Last edited:
so like, i just have suggestions.

* increase the vertical height for the air dashes a small bit.
* make it possibly chargeable?
* find a way to make it actionable when rolling off a ledge.

Great, now we need scourge

Pft,naahhhhh we don't

I doubt he'll offer anything new to the table anyway

(I'm saying this as someone who hasn't read the comics but despises his mere existence so I could be wrong)

Hey guys, I'm back with the first major update for Extra Life:

v1.1 - "Customer Service"

This new update includes a few changes that were made thanks to the lovely suggestions I've received in your reviews, as well as a little bonus of my own.

Also the whole "being able to use shield abilities with your third dash" thing produces a warning if you try activating a shield ability as any other character. It doesn't break anything, though, so you don't need to worry.

go check it out lol, if you don't want to that's ok

Last edited:
I meant to try this a while back man I regret it

He's really fun! A simple yet effective concept that's fun to mess around with. Being able to stop and redirect a spin dash (technically at least) is a really underused concept and it's handled quite well here.

Extra Life infinite deaths.

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
(i'm getting kinda tired of editing these, *ahem*)

What's up? Extra Life now has a brand new update:

v1.1.1 - "The Teamwork Update"

This update adds a tag-team with Jelly Tails as a special thanks to Sebo2205 for initially offering to help me out with Extra Life's Lua scripting.

The tag-team ability, the Quick Swap, also produces a warning, but it's nothing gamebreaking.
Regardless, I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Why don't we do that instead of just jelly tails you can put a small command in the console that when you press Custom 2 you can choose the character you want for example shadow.... well I think that is not a good idea it would be too good.

or a better idea would be for extra life to have a companion so that it is not alone in the world!

(i'm getting kinda tired of editing these, *ahem*)

What's up? Extra Life now has a brand new update:

v1.1.1 - "The Teamwork Update"

This update adds a tag-team with Jelly Tails as a special thanks to Sebo2205 for initially offering to help me out with Extra Life's Lua scripting.

The tag-team ability, the Quick Swap, also produces a warning when using it as E.L. or J.T. alone, but it's nothing gamebreaking.
Regardless, I hope you enjoy.
Jelly Tails is compared to Gooigi which was a experiment made in the image of another character, so J. T. being Extra Life's sidekick isn't that far out of a idea.

Extra Life also probably treats him like his actual counterpart does with his sidekick, aka like a jerk, but it would be hard to blame him because of how Jelly Tails literally bounces off of his partners.

Anyways the only small issue I have with the duo update is how J. T. has a super form but Extra Life doesn't, so when you swap out, Jelly Tails will return back to being normal.

Last edited:
This is so freaking great I had to register just to thank you for your job!
It's amazing to see Extra Life blast through this game using the triple dash as well! I saw some gameplay videos and you did an amazing job! I will give it a try and come back with my feedback, but that's just awesome!
I'm vsgdv on youtube, by the way!

This is so freaking great I had to register just to thank you for your job!
It's amazing to see Extra Life blast through this game using the triple dash as well! I saw some gameplay videos and you did an amazing job! I will give it a try and come back with my feedback, but that's just awesome!
I'm vsgdv on youtube, by the way!
Wow! I wasn't expecting the creator of the Extra Life Sonic 3 A.I.R. mod themselves to be here, haha! Thanks for the reply!
I couldn't pass on the opportunity after you said you'd be happy to see Extra Life playable in SRB2. I actually got quite the amount of Lua experience from working on him.
If you have any issues with the mod, just let me know. I'll try to fix them as quickly as I can! Feedback is always appreciated. :wonderful:

He plays really well! The triple dash really does help when you miss out a platform and it makes you zip above hazards with ease.
Extra life is very versatile as he is right now and it already feels great to traverse the stages with him.
The triple dash pushes you to go fast and he proves to be a very versatile character.
This is good, as his fast pace drives you to make rash decisions and get punished really hard if you mess up

I have a few suggestions that you can consider if you feel like it, but the mod is already great as is.

* I feel like his triple dash should be on the jump action (too?). Maybe it's mainly because I come from 3 air where the secondary action is triggered by the same button. This could potentially free shift to trigger the shield powers directly as well though.

* This is just minor, but are you able to have a timer on how long the player can hold the dash mid air? I feel like the player should not be able to float for too long. This is also to avoid standing mid air with flying enemies swarming you and get easily killed off.
In 3 Air I set a total mid air time of 1 second, so that you have to be fast to use all 3 dashes or revert to jumpball.
Given that this is 3D and aiming is less immediate you could have a 3 second float per dash and not have it shared between each dash charge. That should be more than enough time to aim but add an element of risk.

* Could you make it so that if the shift button is held on landing Extra Life rolls on the ground? I found myself hitting a lot of enemies face first as I landed full speed right in front of them (and that may still coming from from Sonic 3 where I hold down to keep rolling after jumps) and this could help in making him feel even more fluid than he is.

Once more, thanks for this mod. It's great to see a minor yet interesting character like Extra Life in the spotlight!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back