SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Characters

SRB2 Sonic - Sonic on Foot with Proper Platforming Physics! Details »»
SRB2 Sonic - Sonic on Foot with Proper Platforming Physics!
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (5 votes - 5.00 average)
Released: 05-19-2020 Last Update: Never Installs: 4
Characters Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Sonic ditches his kart and goes on foot, showing everybody what he's really capable of!
SRB2 Sonic features physics and abilities from Kart's source game, Sonic Robo Blast 2! With Lua ports of the jump, thok, spin, and spindash from its source code, this mod is made to be as accurate as possible to the source material.*

JUMP
Press Accelerate to fling yourself upwards to new heights and discover new areas that weren't accessible before! Just like in SRB2, you can cut your jump short by letting go of the button early.

THOK
It's Sonic's signature, and also infamous, ability from SRB2! Press Accelerate again after jumping to lunge yourself forward in whatever direction you're facing. It's almost like infinite sneakers for free!

SPIN
Press Drift to curl up into a ball. You may have less control in this form, but you get extra speed from going down slopes!

SPINDASH
Press and hold Drift to start revving up in a ball form, and let go to blast off! How long you hold the button for determines how strong the speed boost will be. You can also charge up a spindash during the race countdown!

Combine your moves together to take never before possible shortcuts, and demolish the competition!

*As accurate as possible does not mean 100% accurate, as there are still some inaccuracies due to hardcoded behaviors that are impossible to work around. Despite this, I still hope you enjoy this character!

Download Now

File Type: zip KCL_SRB2Sonic-v1.2.zip (87.9 KB, 1032 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0001.gif
Views:	4502
Size:	7.87 MB
ID:	31675   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0002.gif
Views:	4516
Size:	5.34 MB
ID:	31677   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0003.gif
Views:	4472
Size:	6.40 MB
ID:	31678   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0005.gif
Views:	4467
Size:	6.81 MB
ID:	31680   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0007.gif
Views:	4470
Size:	6.17 MB
ID:	31682  

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0009.gif
Views:	4439
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	31683  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22
TeriosSonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
I also noticed something in Kart Airlines Zone. In section 2, there are some monitors moving along a belt & you can break them. When breaking the shoes & invincibility monitors, the game tries to load the correct music & fails, resulting in silence for a few seconds. I've included screenshots with the console text. Not a major issue; if anything, fixing this could be a cool easter egg!
Actually I tried loading SRB2 2.1's zones.dat and music.dat as WADs (for plain fun, also 2.2 ones just crash) and it loads the correct music (right from SRB2!), so I think adding the music into the file with the normal SRB2's names for the themes will make the music play. I still would prefer the normal SRB2 music to load though, it would be much better than just loading Kart's invincibility music.
TeriosSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23
JEFFERoW2

SOMEBODY IS PLAYING AS FOOT SONIC!
I have to do this lol.
JEFFERoW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
TeriosSonic

Default My fix for the mod

I present to you my little contribution to the mod. Maybe it was already fixed, i don't know, but as I now know how to add music into SRB2 and Kart, I'll present you this fix. Loading this WAD will make the SRB2 2.2 music load properly when you break a Speed Shoes/Invincibility monitor around the stage. Maybe this is already being fixed by the actual creator of the mod, but meanwhile I'm going to leave this fix here. I'm not making a thread for it 'cause it's probably never entering Releases because it's both a music-only mod and a little edit of another mod. [Also, this WAD doesn't include the character, it's just the music] [Also, it's not that hard to implement the fix into the mod, it's just adding the INVINC and SHOES music lumps which the game tries to load for those items, also it loads them with 2.1 lump names 'cause Kart seems to have never updated to 2.2's engine, just got some of its features added into its own]
UPDATE: Now includes the XTLIFE lump for 1Up monitors!
EDIT: It seems that when the speed shoes music or the 1Up jingle ends, it doesn't go back to normal music, but the invincibility music does. Idk why is this happening, I'm not that good at modding :P
Attached Files
File Type: rar SRB2Sonic_MusicFix.rar (403.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by TeriosSonic; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:09 PM. Reason: See EDIT.
TeriosSonic is offline   Reply With Quote