SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Xtreme Sonic: the most Xtreme pk3 out there! (v 1.3.1) Details »»
Xtreme Sonic: the most Xtreme pk3 out there! (v 1.3.1)
Version: 1.3.1, by SuperPhanto (SRB2 was my childhood) SuperPhanto is online now
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (9 votes - 4.78 average)
Released: 05-02-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 10
Characters Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

DISCLAMER: THIS IS NOT THE SAME XTREME SONIC CHARACTER THAT CIRCULATED ON THE MASTER SEVER IN 2019! THIS IS MUCH HIGHER EFFORT THAN THAT!

With that out of the way, I present to you all...

Xtreme Sonic

Featuring:
  1. The Spin Slash: a cut ability for Sonic in the original Sonic Xtreme. Because so little was known about it, SMS Alfredo (and myself, to some extent) came up with how the ability should work.
  2. Silky-Smooth animations running at full speed
  3. Manually color-corrected sprites
  4. Skidding and Victory animations
  5. Battle™ support
  6. Kirby™ support
  7. Being yet another Sonic

As some of you may know, this is my first character pk3, or at least the first one I am submitting here. Development on the character started around the same time 2.2 initially released, and lasted all the way up to this point (mainly because I have been busy with life...), so I sincerely hope this gets through, and most importantly, I hope everyone enjoys it!

Shoutouts to Goldenhog and Lach for helping me initially, and HUGE shoutouts to SMS Alfredo. Without any of these three, this character wouldn't be possible!

Download Now

File Type: pk3 CL_Xtreme-v1.3.1.pk3 (5.72 MB, 1733 views)
File Type: pk3 CL_XtremeNoQuake-v1.3.1.pk3 (5.72 MB, 781 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.gif
Views:	3159
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	30565   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20007.gif
Views:	2428
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	30566   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20014.png
Views:	1822
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	30567   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20017.png
Views:	1371
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	30620  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-03-2020   #22
Pyrakid Wolfo

Now that I think of it, what if spindashing up a wall actually kept you stuck to the wall, but i mean you couldn't spindash up it twice. I'm pretty sure max-speed changes spindash speed or whatever, because X Sonic *SEEMS* slower. It doesn't look like he has a running animation yet either, so. Not sayin thats the case, but im just throwing out random words.
Pyrakid Wolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020   #23
SuperPhanto
SRB2 was my childhood

He has a running animation, it just looks like he doesn't because he swings his arms while running. I don't know why SEGA made it look like that, but I don't really think it's a problem, and if anything makes him unique. But I can understand if you didn't notice at first.

Also, to address your other concerns, X Sonic has the same stats as Sonic (I literally copy-pasted them over), so I think the reason he seems slower is because of either his animation speed or his ability. I'm willing to bet it's his animation speed.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
as Pyrakid said, why not using those Spin Slash Spindash sprites for the character?
also, was forgetting: the super form for this character is... not good
just a buff and a recolor with Mania Super Song, nothing else new
i mostly wish to remove or change it with something else
There are no Spindash Spin Slash sprites. I don't know where you're getting that from, but it's okay.

Also, reguarding the super form, I wanted to keep this a secret, but if you move fast enough and Spin Slash into a wall, it causes a quake that kills nearby enemies (Think Hyper Knuckles). It's not supposed to be much because of the fact that he has a screen nuke. Other than that, There are no pre-renders for the super form, probably because Sonic Xtreme got canceled before it could get to that point in development.
vox#8786: the back of ssn sonic's head fills me with a specific level of unbridled rage now
SuperPhanto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020   #24
RainbowTH
Your local lua dumbass

Whenever you grab Speed Shoes as Super X Sonic, the music reverts back to the SRB2 Super theme for the duration of the power. Also happens with an Invincibility monitor.

Last edited by RainbowTH; 05-03-2020 at 01:36 PM. Reason: New info
RainbowTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020   #25
SuperPhanto
SRB2 was my childhood

Yeah, I'll have to look into that further. I did fix it, but when the power ended the music reset...
vox#8786: the back of ssn sonic's head fills me with a specific level of unbridled rage now
Old 05-03-2020   #26
ClassicNC
leave me alone ;v

Smooth animation (probably the smoothest animation I've seen in SRB2), fun mechanic, fun character. My only gripe is that you can't cancel the buzzsaw move when activated. Other than that small nitpick, great job!
Old 05-03-2020   #27
izzy
ceo of good descriptions

The drawback for using the Spin Slash and hitting the ground is something I can understand. You're extremely capable with this ability in your moveset so it kinda needs something to balance it out.

whirl 2.3

skip 2.0
izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020   #28
MADVAL2

I'm waiting for the Dreamcast 2 to be released
MADVAL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020   #29
GXP3000
Alligator in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turret 49 View Post
It's intentional.
That sorta makes it a little weirder if it can defend from nearly everything.
GXP3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020   #30
tealsummernights

The wall spindash is super fun! That's my favorite part of this character.
I find it a little annoying that, when you land on a slope with the Spin Slash and then try to charge a spindash, you start rolling down the slope instead. It makes sense because you go into a regular ball, but because you're stuck to the floor it also feels like maybe you should be stuck in place while charging the spindash as well, like how you are when you do it on a wall.
tealsummernights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020   #31
lollolman
toomanywads.wad
Permanently Banned

Wait, X-treme had a planned victory pose?
lollolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020   #32
SMS Alfredo

Version 1.2 is now out, or at least should be in a couple seconds.

This fixes a couple bugs relating to the Spin Slash, and adds Kirby support.

- Momentum received from activating the Spin Slash, defending against an attack, and Spindashing up walls now properly accounts for antigravity and scale.

- X Sonic will now no longer rocket off into the sky when using the Spin Slash in snow in Frozen Hillside.

- The Spin Slash will now properly cancel when X Sonic gets hit by an attack in Battle Mod

- X Sonic will now give Kirby the Needle ability when gobbled up
SMS Alfredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020   #33
Katmint

The wall spindash is so weak while underwater that it's borderline useless. The actual spindash isn't nerfed at all while underwater so that's an inconsistency as well.

Also, landing on top of a pushable with the spinslash results in the landing sound being spammed every tic. Don't ask me why, but for whatever reason SRB2 rapidly applies MFE_JUSTHITFLOOR while you're standing on a pushable.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020   #34
TheSilentGuy
Im Taking a break

I Love this Mod! and the spin slash looks awsome
Old 05-06-2020   #35
「AxeCrusader」

Bro... Just by seeing this, It shows a lot of effort put into it.
「AxeCrusader」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020   #36
Sinny33
Man

I like how this character was given a reving up spin dash property.
Sinny33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #37
JamesTCatHousepets

I unfortunately have noticed a bug when it comes to XSonic, specifically when moving towards the camera his multiplayer colors is all screwy when set to anything other than the shades of blue.

Other than that, I can accept this sonic from another reality as a member to the sonic family crossover (But only when playing single player.)
JamesTCatHousepets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020   #38
SMS Alfredo

That's a bug with the OpenGL renderer and has nothing to do with X Sonic. It happens with any character not using models in OpenGL.
SMS Alfredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020   #39
Bright Tailz
A.K.A CommandoEclipse

Default An oddity.

I feel like his running animation is way too sped up and should be slowed down slightly, it's really jarringly fast compared to everything else.
Old 06-12-2020   #40
SuperPhanto
SRB2 was my childhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Tailz View Post
I feel like his running animation is way too sped up and should be slowed down slightly, it's really jarringly fast compared to everything else.
Tried doing that, however the animation speed cannot go between 1 and 2. 2 makes it look like he is running on the moon, so I chose 1.
Old 06-12-2020   #41
JamesTCatHousepets

Nice work on this Alternate Reality Sonic by the way, really am looking forward to getting involved with some Custom Character Works to really make it worthwhile. As in the characters can have as many frames as he does.

However, When "Dreaming at Night" he doesn't do his Victory Pose upon reaching the goal with the emerald. Could this be fixed please? Thank You.
JamesTCatHousepets is offline   Reply With Quote