This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Okay, so Double Jump Sonic...is surprisingly working. And the Drop Dash is nice too.
As for Thok Metal...Well, I have one problem with it. I do not think it should remove Dash Mode. Not only does Dash Mode fit Metal's character, but I edited the script to give it to him, and Thok and Dash Mode go together surprisingly well. The Thok makes it easier to gain the speed necessary for Dash Mode, and can also with good aiming be used to quickly change direction and maintain enough speed to basically re-enter Dash Mode. If my horrible reaction time can pull it off, I'm sure people could make nice use of the combination. As with the normal moveset, Super Metal's Float also is fun to combine with Dash Mode.
This, in turn, makes Metal Sonic into a raging Speed Demon, hard to master, but I imagine he can tear through levels like nothing else if he is mastered(not a speedrunner myself, but still). Which I feel is pretty perfect for a character you unlock by beating the game.

Gonna be honest, I'm gonna miss Sonic having the Thok ability

I personally feel like it's kinda stupid that the Thok is going bye-bye, and being replaced with a double jump, The Speed Thok was a perfect move to give Sonic as an ability ever since SRB2 Christmas, I'm gonna be kinda bummed out that Sonic can't use it anymore, and instead Metal gets it.

however! the way you implemented the Drop-Dash is a clever way to have it function well in 3D, I love Mania, and that would be perfect to give Sonic, as for Metal Sonic, This might sound crazy, but maybe give him the Double Jump, instead of Sonic, as for Metal's float ability, I'm fine with it going, as long as he still retains his ability to float on water in Boost Mode (That's a cool SOnic R reference that I would lose it if they removed it), other than that, that's all I have to say

Double jump plus a drop dash seems very weird ngl

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I personally feel like it's kinda stupid that the Thok is going bye-bye, and being replaced with a double jump, The Speed Thok was a perfect move to give Sonic as an ability ever since SRB2 Christmas, I'm gonna be kinda bummed out that Sonic can't use it anymore, and instead Metal gets it.

however! the way you implemented the Drop-Dash is a clever way to have it function well in 3D, I love Mania, and that would be perfect to give Sonic, as for Metal Sonic, This might sound crazy, but maybe give him the Double Jump, instead of Sonic, as for Metal's float ability, I'm fine with it going, as long as he still retains his ability to float on water in Boost Mode (That's a cool SOnic R reference that I would lose it if they removed it), other than that, that's all I have to say

Well if sonic could still do the thok there would be 0 point of using the drop dash

Even with the drop dash, Sonic should still be able to use the shield abilities, with the exception being a pity shield.

You are misinformed, the Double Jump isn't the confirmed Thok swapout in 2.3 onwards, it was just the basis of what could be done to improve it.

This is just a demostration of these movesets for the heck of it. Cobalt has also made other moveset demos, such as the Jump Thrust, for Sonic.

Is Metal definitely getting the Thok, though? And if so, what's going to happen to the boost mode mechanic? Is he keeping it, or is he just going to have the Thok?

Is Metal definitely getting the Thok, though? And if so, what's going to happen to the boost mode mechanic? Is he keeping it, or is he just going to have the Thok?

metal sonic will become thok boi while sonic will become dash boi

Please don't assume that anything in this mod is an indication of what's coming in the next release.

Can you add separate files for the drop dash and double jump? I feel like if I want to recreate the Classic games in SRB2, Sonic should not have a double jump. It is useful for platforming, but Balanced Sonic by Marcos already gives Sonic a double jump. At least add a file that gives Sonic the drop dash but still be able to thok. Also, this is incompatible with the Rebound Dash by Krabs, can you fix this?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back