well, kinda, its not from the same person, plus crystal sonic and rose gold amy are both ores/rare rocks and jelly tails is just a jelly bean
In my book JT most certainly counts. RGA and CS both happen to be rock/mineral focused, but that isn't a requirement to be grouped with them.

In my own personal opinion, if you really want to know if a character is comparable to CS/RGA, they should follow these 3 key things:

1. Don't strive too far away from what the original character is about. Sonic has to be notably quick within some capacity, Tails should fly, Amy should swing her hammer, etc. It's important to respect the originals, y'know?
2. Simplicity is key. While it doesn't have to be notably simple (Crystal Sonic and RGA both aren't the simplest themselves), it's important to avoid too much complexity. For example, I personally didn't want CS to use more than just Jump/Spin (Custom 3 was picked for the main easter egg/hyper transformation due to 1 extra button being basically required for said transformation. RGA also happens to only use Jump/Spin.)
3. Give the character it's own two legs to stand on. While the first piece is important, it's absolutely critical that the character can be considered unique and fun in their own right.

Again, these are just in my own book. Making things flow well and "making the character good" is up to whoever wishes to face that task~

If anything I personally encourage people to get creative within the statue of "how do I make a different version of x character able to stand on their own?" It's how Crystal Sonic, MC Sonic, SA-Sonic, DC Sonic, Modern Sonic, Pointy Sonic, Neo Sonic, Junio Sonic, Super Mystic Sonic, and others can all coexist despite just "being a sonic", after all!

In my book JT most certainly counts. RGA and CS both happen to be rock/mineral focused, but that isn't a requirement to be grouped with them.

In my own personal opinion, if you really want to know if a character is comparable to CS/RGA, they should follow these 3 key things:

1. Don't strive too far away from what the original character is about. Sonic has to be notably quick within some capacity, Tails should fly, Amy should swing her hammer, etc. It's important to respect the originals, y'know?
2. Simplicity is key. While it doesn't have to be notably simple (Crystal Sonic and RGA both aren't the simplest themselves), it's important to avoid too much complexity. For example, I personally didn't want CS to use more than just Jump/Spin (Custom 3 was picked for the main easter egg/hyper transformation due to 1 extra button being basically required for said transformation. RGA also happens to only use Jump/Spin.)
3. Give the character it's own two legs to stand on. While the first piece is important, it's absolutely critical that the character can be considered unique and fun in their own right.

Again, these are just in my own book. Making things flow well and "making the character good" is up to whoever wishes to face that task~

If anything I personally encourage people to get creative within the statue of "how do I make a different version of x character able to stand on their own?" It's how Crystal Sonic, MC Sonic, SA-Sonic, DC Sonic, Modern Sonic, Pointy Sonic, Neo Sonic, Junio Sonic, Super Mystic Sonic, and others can all coexist despite just "being a sonic", after all!
amethyst Fang

Icezer updated Crystal Sonic with a new update entry:

Peelout?!?!

While Crystal 1.2/Alt 9.2 is being worked on, I thought I'd quickly drop something I finished with the help of SuperPhanto.
View attachment 57881

It seems we've truly come full circle, as Crystal Sonic can now use the Super Peelout by loading an extra file. Holding down Custom 1 from a standstill will let you charge it up, but holding it will let you charge Dash Mode/Super Dash Mode. Super Dash Mode can not be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The "We're finally done" update

After a bit of hurdles had to be jumped over, Crystal Sonic 1.2/Alt Sonic 9.2 is finally ready. Got a bit too close to Alt Sonic's 2 year anniversary for comfort, too. Changelog is actually a decent size this time.

View attachment 58521
- Hyper form will make any badnik that gets too close explode into robotic confetti while also demolishing spikes. Bosses aren't safe, either.
- Super Dash Mode/ Hyper Form now destroys minecart doors upon contact.
- New...

I forgot to post about it for v1.1, but I have updated AltSonic! I have adjusted his run speed after 1.1 to be slightly less, and gave him a new ability (along with overhauling his boost mode.) As always, Have fun!
will there be a jeck jims like model for alt and crystal sonic

Version 1.2b/9.2b hotfix

Heya. This hotfix was made to implement the originally planned "powertrails_server" command. Primarily intended for netgames, setting this command to "off" will globally disable blending trails for all players (some machines simply can't handle it.) This command also does not have I/O due to how it synches in netgames.

That's all.

Been seeing the term show up here and there but i dont know what it means what exactly is I/O
A system that allows creation of .lua in the LUAFILES folder of the SRB2 directory that simply holds a value or values that can be requested from the mod to loaded.

uh, i found a really cool lookin' bug with crystal sonic
basically, when you play with crystal and you have xmomentum added, he does a short thok and then a bullet dash.

also, when you transform into xmomentum hyper, you can trigger crystal's hyper form.
i'd show me playing with the bug but i cant, instead ill show this:
tha video

@Icezer I found this glitch this glitch is crystal super sonic but the hair is the like super sonic hair
srb20001.png
[ISPOILERAlso Crystal sonic creator is a best][/ISPOILER]

Attachments

• srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 101
I'd like to know how you got this glitch, considering it might be something that isn't even on my end to fix.
It's likely a mod with super transformation cancelling, considering every mod like that has sprite problems if you cancel during your idle. It's something not much to worry for likely.

I think Jelly Tails counts, but I don't know. Try asking the creator.
Post automatically merged:

*cough cough Icezer should combine them cough*
I've already established in this thread that Jelly "counts." Also, about that second thing...

*clears throat* No.
(Jokes aside, I'm seriously not updating this mod again unless it's related to bugfixes. T~T)

I've already established in this thread that Jelly "counts." Also, about that second thing...

*clears throat* No.
(Jokes aside, I'm seriously not updating this mod again unless it's related to bugfixes. T~T)
Okay. I kinda figured, but it was worth a try.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back