So, i just put the 1.3 thing in there, extracted it all normal. But when i entered a game, it just didn't load the 3d models! Help me! And also i'm in V2.2.8

First settings then enable opengl go to opengl settings press 3d models then boom it's 3d

There actually is another model for this pack, it's... ALT SONIC! The Alt Model is on the Alt Sonic Thread in the Characters Thread.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

There actually is another model for this pack, it's... ALT SONIC! The Alt Model is on the Alt Sonic Thread in the Characters Thread.

Oh here's some images too

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Oh here's some images too

Images are here

Attachments

• srb20004-1.png
    srb20004-1.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 226
  • srb20003-1.png
    srb20003-1.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 242
This mod is awesome! It fits better than the 2D sprites in my opinion. I wish I could use it. Sadly I can't cause I don't have the srb2 opengl.bat file. :( Can anyone help me out with getting the file? I would love to be able to use this.

Last edited:
This mod is awesome! It fits better than the 2D models in my opinion. I wish I could use it. Sadly I can't cause I don't have the srb2 opengl.bat file. :( Can anyone help me out with getting the file? I would love to be able to use this.

1. This isn't a mod.
2. The "2D Models" are Sprites, you really need to learn about this.
3. SRB2 OpenGL.bat file? bruh, what you need it's an OpenGL Driver to use it.

I might be an idiot for not knowing this but I need help setting up the modded character models. they just show the sprite. someone help me.

1. This isn't a mod.

1. It's not a mod? But it changes the vanilla game in some way..so what is it?

2. Also, yes I know that they are sprites. Why are you nitpicking? You know what I meant.

3. I'm not your bro. Also, OpenGL is not technically a driver. You have some things you need to learn as well it seems.

Thanks for the info but maybe be less rude next time someone is looking for help. Especially when it's a newcomer.

2. Also, yes I know that they are sprites. Why are you nitpicking? You know what I meant.

3. I'm not your bro. Also, OpenGL is not technically a driver. You have some things you need to learn as well it seems.

Thanks for the info but maybe be less rude next time someone is looking for help. Especially when it's a newcomer.

tenor.gif

Okay. So unless you deleted a file you needed for some reason, you should have everything you need. Let me just check a few things with you right quick.

1. What version of the game do you have? The current version is 2.2.8. If you have any earlier version, make sure you install the update. If you don't know what version you have, launch the game, and it should say in the lower left corner of the title screen which version you've got.

2. Have you switched from Software mode to OpenGL? Go to Options > Video Options > Screen > and make sure you have Renderer set to OpenGL.

3. In the same menu screen, go down to the bottom of the list (or scroll up to skip to the bottom, since that's easier), and select OpenGL Options. From there, make sure Models are set to On. Otherwise, it'll still display sprites, even if you have models ready to go. Additionally, make sure you have the recommended settings, shown below.

attachment.php

It won't look exactly like this anymore, since an update changed it. But just match the settings that are there, and they should work fine. Now, Jeck Jims' models for the vanilla characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and unlockable characters) are included in the base game from version 2.2.7 onward. So unless you're planning to use character add-ons, you don't have to download anything from this page.

Slope Roll Angle BUG

when i put the Slope Roll Angle LUA with the 3D models, the characte leans
in a strange way, test it and fix it please.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

bruh you are a hater or what?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

1. This isn't a mod.

Quote message in reply?

Would it be possible to add optional, more "modernized" versions of Silver, Blaze, Werehog, and Rouge's models? The current ones are fine, but look weird put with Modern/Neo Sonic

Would it be possible to add optional, more "modernized" versions of Silver, Blaze, Werehog, and Rouge's models? The current ones are fine, but look weird put with Modern/Neo Sonic

I mean... yeah, Silver/Blaze/Werehog/Rouge looks real cute and small to be those characters, but is his own style, even the original sprites haves that size and cuteness, and... what do you see weird on Modern/Neo? they are modern already, and the rest are like... a kind of "classic version" or something.

1. might be on to something, but it renders models over the sprites, there's no alteration's or additions to the game's CODE which is what a mod usually means. "Modification".

2. Nobody calls sprites 2D models, 2D models are the stupidest shit i've ever heard in my ENTIRE life. And I *never* want to hear that ever again. 2d models aren't real, ever.

3. Bruh does not mean "Bro". They aren't calling you brother, they're expressing that something is out of the ordinary. Bruh is an expression used online to express something odd.

OpenGL is a renderer, and so is Software. You got that right I guess.

4. umm did i miss something who's being rude?

another thing is that srb2 now ships models with it, and mod would imply something you have to download.

Last edited:
I mean... yeah, Silver/Blaze/Werehog/Rouge looks real cute and small to be those characters, but is his own style, even the original sprites haves that size and cuteness, and... what do you see weird on Modern/Neo? they are modern already, and the rest are like... a kind of "classic version" or something.

Neo/Modren don't look weird, I mainly think they look off compared to the "classic" versions of Blaze, Silver, and Rouge imo.

Neo/Modren don't look weird, I mainly think they look off compared to the "classic" versions of Blaze, Silver, and Rouge imo.

...Lmao, Modern and Neo we're made to be.. well, Moderns, meanwhile Blaze/Silver/Rouge we're made to be like an "classic" version, so that's why the models of Neo and Modern are taller than the ones of Silver/Rouge/Blaze.

I might be an idiot for not knowing this but I need help setting up the modded character models. they just show the sprite. someone help me.

Try getting the 1.3 model patch (Refer to Thread Details > Downloads), since 1.3 and onward; the mods are now restructed in the files. The base vanilla models are automatically patched with the game 2.2.8 onward. The modded characters (named PLAY+ in .dat file) are not.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

It is 100% possible, but please; I BEG YOU PLEASE! Don't ask content creators of the mb to make something or do something (exception of course if it's a bug report or tweak you want to have) for you. You gotta do it YOURSELF, nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself. LEARN, create, and follow your dream. No one is going to do what you want in the time you want, make something and use that to learn while also learning from others. Go to the discord, talk to them there. TAKE ACTION.

Back