[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Well, you can always use different sprites for Tails with actual tails when he is doing tricks
you totally can, just make hius tricking graphics use the continue animations, which have tails in them since they're hud elements there
they still have offsets too because tails is the only one who has them, using the regular springing sprites on every other character.

srb22151.gif

Worth trying. Play asap.

That stage looks really interesting. Is there a download for this?

i feel like i should mention that if you so happen to go into record attack (whether on custom gamedata or not), tails seems to be listed twice in the character selection, once where he usually is, and another time between vanilla sonic and...it.

as far as i could tell, there are zero gameplay differences between the two...apart from their css art being slightly different.

i feel like i should mention that if you so happen to go into record attack (whether on custom gamedata or not), tails seems to be listed twice in the character selection, once where he usually is, and another time between vanilla sonic and...it.

as far as i could tell, there are zero gameplay differences between the two...apart from their css art being slightly different.
I kind of noticed that when I was doing a Randomizer run with XMomentum loaded. One Tails is the blue shoes with a working Fly Boost ability. The other Tails when I got a chance to play it, had his regular red shoes, the tails were broken, and seemed to perform a different fly boost that worked but functioned a little differently.

Blueshoes and Redshoes are two different skins, but they're functionally identical. I'm guessing that rando was repeatedly forcing you to whatever tails you have set via the blueshoes command, hence the fly boost working a little different and the tails being broken. How it works essentially is that if you're playing as redshoes tails, and you have the blueshoes console command set to on, it'll force your skin to be blueshoes, and vice versa. Basically, my best bet is the two mods were fighting to set you to be the other tails.

The Hyper Forms are so much fun to play with! Definitely wish there was a separate addon with this specific Hyper Form gameplay!
You've really outdone yourself!

Blueshoes and Redshoes are two different skins, but they're functionally identical. I'm guessing that rando was repeatedly forcing you to whatever tails you have set via the blueshoes command, hence the fly boost working a little different and the tails being broken. How it works essentially is that if you're playing as redshoes tails, and you have the blueshoes console command set to on, it'll force your skin to be blueshoes, and vice versa. Basically, my best bet is the two mods were fighting to set you to be the other tails.

well then...wouldn't it be more efficient to use the second skincolour lua file for the shoes? if the skins are in every other way identical then i don't see why it couldn't be done tbf.

well then...wouldn't it be more efficient to use the second skincolour lua file for the shoes? if the skins are in every other way identical then i don't see why it couldn't be done tbf.
If I was to do that i'd have to separate his shoes from his sprites. Secondcolor isn't actually just recoloring a different range of the sprites, no, it's actually using a second object that's spawned ontop of the player that's just the player's shoes.

I actually found this in my rando run too, however I noticed if you try to transform to super or hyper while playing as this broken Tails, you softlock, permanently stuck in place playing the transform animation on loop

so, it's just me, or Junio doesn't seems to work well?
or is in work an update for make it compatible with the lua?

Last edited:
so, it's just me, or Junio doesn't seems to work well?
or is in work an update for make it compatible with the lua?
yeah, I had to disable the momentum half of xmomentum for junio due to the way his dashmode is coded. Could maybe be re-done in an update via P_Thrust shennanigans but that may be more work then it's worth

yall know you can become a common household cooking device in the mod, I'm dead serious you can actually become what I said.

That Amy move looks awful with OpenGL. I guess this is a matter of Jack animating it.

This is the best mod ever since Modern Sonic v5. Also with Metal Sonic Like. "Instead of Hyper Metal Sonic, you get Hyper Metal Sonic" You should of Said "The Hyper Metal Sonic"

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

While Playing this I do Come with some bugs like none of the characters can spin on the next act. When Sonic goes in the air he will not stop levitating when I tap the button to stop. (I'm using 2.2.6 for Android because 2.2.8 sucks for Android)

(I'm using 2.2.6 for Android because 2.2.8 sucks for Android)

XMomentum makes use of added Lua features from 2.2.7 and above (99% sure that it uses features from 2.2.8 specifically as well). Therefore, you need to use 2.2.8 for it to work properly.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back