SRB2 Message Board

SRB2 Message Board (https://mb.srb2.org/index.php)
-   Characters (https://mb.srb2.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   SSN Sonic HD (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45723)

Wumbo 12-15-2019 12:17 AM

SSN Sonic HD
 
5 Attachment(s)
https://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?a...5&d=1576369546

It had to be done.

Spoiler: Changelog

Version 3
  • Spindashing now displays the thok/spin trail instead of the default spindash dust
Version 2
  • A thok/spin trail has been added (in high-quality too!)
  • The grey spot on several of Sonic's sprites has been updated to reflect newer versions
  • Super Sonic has a new life icon and no longer flashes during certain frames
  • Multithok now utilizes the multiability flag instead of a Lua script (thanks to Giga for letting me know about this)
  • The WAD is now compressed to minimize file size
Version 1
  • Initial release

MellowJacket 12-17-2019 02:07 AM

Sorry for the back and forth before getting this released, but this all checks out now! Welcome to releases, incredibly HD Sonic.

Giga 12-17-2019 06:31 PM

For what it's worth, you can use Multiability with Spindash now. CA2_SPINDASH and SF_MULTIABILITY are compatible - for that matter, SF_MULTIABILITY is a flag, like Metal Sonic's SF_DASHMODE and SF_SUPER (and you can use any amount of flags you want, as long as each one after the first is separated by the | character), and not part of CA2 anymore. So, you don't need a script for that functionality anymore.

Elyos03 12-17-2019 06:53 PM

Fun fact: I used this thing as a base for my SSN Sonic port to ease up a few things for me. Keep in mind, that was BEFORE HiReSSN got here in the Message Board.

SSNTails 12-17-2019 06:55 PM

Oh gosh, you used the very, VERY old Super Sonic drawing. XD XD

Were you missing any drawings to create this? I might have more stuff than what was included in my release pack of artwork. Happy to work with you on this.

Wumbo 12-17-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga (Post 811830)
For what it's worth, you can use Multiability with Spindash now. CA2_SPINDASH and SF_MULTIABILITY are compatible - for that matter, SF_MULTIABILITY is a flag, like Metal Sonic's SF_DASHMODE and SF_SUPER (and you can use any amount of flags you want, as long as each one after the first is separated by the | character), and not part of CA2 anymore. So, you don't need a script for that functionality anymore.

Really? Sweet, I'll be sure to use this method for the next version. There's virtually no documentation of 2.2's new modding features on the Wiki so thank you for this.


Quote:

Originally Posted by SSNTails (Post 811835)
Oh gosh, you used the very, VERY old Super Sonic drawing. XD XD

Were you missing any drawings to create this? I might have more stuff than what was included in my release pack of artwork. Happy to work with you on this.

The only drawings I couldn't find for the love of me were the other rotations for the teetering animation and the goal post. The ancient Super Sonic drawings I actually had to finish myself (only the two front rotations had shading), though I noticed a couple of drafts for a faster flying pose too. I'm interested in seeing what else you might have in store!

Wumbo 12-18-2019 02:09 AM

Version 2 is out! Check the changelog to see what's changed.

SSNCaleb 12-18-2019 02:10 AM

Legacy Sonic but it's 720p

Sinny33 12-27-2019 09:44 AM

More of these jokes please.

Wumbo 01-02-2020 11:46 PM

Version 3 has been released! Spindashing now reflects pre-2.1 versions, as the spindash dust has been removed and a thok trail has been added in its place.

CST1229 03-29-2020 04:57 PM

RTX OFF: 2.1 Sonic in 2.1
RTX ON: SSNSonic HD in 2.2

Icarus 03-30-2020 12:49 PM

I like how it looks like SSNTails' cinematics (the ones that were intended to be in the game but ended up being scrapped from it).


I like the hand drawn look but honestly it clashes a bit too much with the rest of the game's aesthetic (it's like playing a PS1 game with a PS2 character)

Multicolor 04-07-2020 11:33 PM

Hey
 
What program did you use to make the mod? I am curious

Wumbo 04-07-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multicolor (Post 819915)
What program did you use to make the mod? I am curious

I use Paint.NET for sprite editing, and SLADE to create the mod itself.

ElMateito987 06-07-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbo (Post 819918)
I use Paint.NET for sprite editing, and SLADE to create the mod itself.

I try to open it in slade but I get a error

ArleNadjaGUY 06-24-2020 04:00 PM

Fun fact: This Sonic is more HD that the basic 2.2 Sonic!


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.