Here's another minor update that fixes some issues with keeping powerups between levels, particularly in the OLDC.
Mega Mario causing desyncs by ground pounding in dedicated servers should hopefully be fixed as well.
And as an added bonus, Mario has a new voice line for collecting a star, after which his voice will echo for as long as you have star power.
- Powerups will now properly be kept after map warps, including those seen in the OLDC hub.
- Your powerup now properly resets upon completing a level while super.
- Added star collection voice clip.
- Mario's voice lines will now have an echo to them when you have star power.
- Mega Mario's ground pound should hopefully no longer cause desyncs in dedicated servers.
- Some other minor fixes I forgot about.
Really small update this time, primarily just to fix Mario no longer working in the newest version of SRB2 Persona.
Mario will now also always have access to his basic Jump and Hammer skills no matter what in SRB2P, so you won't be locked out of his second melee attack leveling up.
Also improves mod compatibility slightly, so mods that mess with monitors or squash 'n' stretch should work better with Mario, though still not perfectly.
- Improved mod compatibility with monitor prizes and power-up size changing.
- Fixed Mario completely breaking the game in SRB2P v1.3.3 when his skills are attempted to be sorted.
- Jump and Hammer now no longer count towards Mario's skill total and will always appear in his skill list in battle.
- Enemies, if given Mario's skills, will now properly execute their action commands.
Another update for you guys that fixes a few more things, and adds a couple new features.
Mario now properly works in Ultimate Mode. No more cheesing hits or 1ups! Everything here also applies to Multiplayer Ultimate Mode, so you can take it online too.
Flying Mario in NiGHTS now has his own unique colored trail. Alot more accurate than the simple default sparkles he had before.
- Mario will now only have one total health point in ultimate mode.
- All 1up monitors are turned into poison mushroom monitors in ultimate mode.
- Extra score/1ups will no longer be obtainable in ultimate mode.
- Hitting a monitor with your hammer midair will now cancel the hammer and let you use it again, like with enemies.
- Fixed jumping in place not double jumping as much as it should.
- Coins will no longer award more score than they're supposed to in Special Stages.
- Added unique NiGHTS trail.
- Fixed Hammer attacks not getting reflected properly.
- Buffed fireball attacks slightly again.
- Added overall sprites for the fireball cast pose.
A new update for you all, this one addresses some balance concerns in Persona and BattleMod, while also tweaking a couple powerup abilities.
In vanilla, you can now damage enemies while Metal or Gold by simply running into them! Use that weight to your advantage.
You can now break walls and spikes using Mario's fireballs. This should hopefully be more obvious and easier to use than simply brushing up against them while throwing.
In BattleMod, the earthquakes from Mega Mario and Cape Mario will no longer damage players. Plus you'll now be able to properly block cape and fireball attacks, so you have a fighting chance. Other balance changes and fixes have been made as well.
In SRB2 Persona, Mario has gotten buffs across the board. Appeal got nerfed a little, but everything else went up to make Mario more viable. You even learn two new "Power Plus Badge" skills as you level up, which will increase your damage output even further! Plus Power Charge now properly works with Mario's Jump and Hammer attacks, so the move now has actual purpose.
In addition to all that, a whole bunch of bug fixes for everything. Particularly one in Persona, which caused alot of crashes exiting and re-entering the shop. The loop-point for the battle song "Attack the Enemy" has been fixed as well, so be sure to redownload Mario's Persona music pack too.
- Cape spinning no longer nullifies player-owned projectiles.
- Mega and Cape earthquakes no longer damage other players.
- Fixed 1up text/poison skull not showing outside of Co-op.
- Fixed Super Ball music carrying over from intermissions.
- Fixed Mega Mario lasting forever when a recycler monitor is hit during the transformation.
- Fireballs now bounce properly at different scales.
- Fireballs now properly bounce after traveling up or down a slope.
- Collecting a powerup with i-frames will continue said i-frames after the transformation rather than just cancelling them entirely.
- Fixed being able to retain powerups after dying in a minecart.
- Fixed ability direction inconsistencies in Standard.
- Fireballs plus the powerup collect effects and inviciblity sparkles/glow now bypass colormaps.
- Fixed Mini Mario dying when collecting another powerup right up against a wall.
- Fireballs can now break walls and spikes.
- Metal/Gold Mario can now damage enemies while moving.
- Fixed a console error.
- Fixed Super Balls and Fireballs not being named correctly in console.
- Fixed not being able to roll while moving.
- Decreased Hammer defense value by two.
- Increased Ground Pound attack value by one.
- Mario can no longer act while in air dodge and tumble states.
- Spin jumping no longer blocks against physical attacks.
- Cape and fireballs are now properly blockable.
- Mario can no longer use shield actives with toss flag.
- Swapping shields no longer causes Mario to pause in place.
- Fixed Fire Flowers taking away your shield stock when grabbed.
- Added Super Ball music for BattleMod tracks.
SRB2 Persona General
- Fixed loop-point on "Attack the Enemy" in the music pack.
- Redid music replacement functions to prevent crashing. Happened often when exiting and re-entering the shop multiple times. This should fix that.
- Mario's Hammer now can break monitors.
- Shrunk spike breaking effect.
- Fixed Multibounce ending early upon killing an enemy.
- Getting a shield no longer causes errors in console.
- Shortened skill descriptions slightly to be easier to read on the level up screen.
- Appeal now only fills 40% of the emerald drive rather than 100%.
- Changed Appeal icon.
- Mario's base attack and magic have both been increased by 2.
- Fireball/Iceball skills now properly reflect the Agi line in terms of damage.
- All attacks skills have had their attack power increased slightly.
- Power Charge now properly applies to Mario's Jump and Hammer attacks.
- Two new passive skills: "Power Plus Badge" and "Power Plus Badge A", learned at levels 33 and 67. These skills boost your Fire/Ice damage, as well as your Jump/Hammer damage. The latter won't stack with multiples of these skills, but they give quite a decent percentage boost to make up for it. The first boosts by 15% and 60% respectively, while the second boosts by 30% and 120% respectively. And yes, Magma Boots and Ice Smash get the benefits of both.
Version 1.1 is out now. Saw how popular this addon got and I would like to say thank you all for your support! We decided to continue putting in hard work for more additional content into Super Mario for you guys to enjoy. Even include a few improvements and fixes into the addon itself!
For start it off, we added in support for a small EXE mod that you fight against monsters in dungeons in a dark and scary tower. You got it; Mario is supported for SRB2 Persona! With a few gameplay mechanics of his own and skills you'll obtain throughout your journey to climb the tower. For stats, Mario relies on physical attacks with many different ways, such as jumping on them or using your hammer. You'll learn elemental powers use as fire and ice along your way as you get stronger. Beware for wind and electrical attacks, you really don't want to get yourself into peril!
However, your attacks are straight on forward for damage. Like games such as Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and the Mario and Luigi series, you have series to action attacks that you must perform. For instance, timing the jump button during jump attacks, or holding the left direction button and releasing at the right time for your hammer attacks. Use your time actions to deal more damage to your foes and win the battles mario style!
For customization, the download also includes a custom music pack that have a huge number of songs from Mario's RPG games. You can easily customize your track selections by going into the custom music menu in the sound options of the game! Pick your groove and listen to the tunes as your battle your foes, whenever they are weak or tough!
Here's an example list from the main coder
Fight Against Monsters
Battle Theme (TTYD) Player Advantage
Battle Fanfare (First Strike)
Try, Try Again
- Battle Enemy Advantage
Battle Fanfare (Enemy Strike)
Attack the Enemy
Mirror Battle Strong Enemy
Battle Against a Stronger Monster
Event Battle (TTYD)
- A Powerful Enemy Emerges
Event Battle (TOK) Mini Boss
Fight Against an Armed Boss
The Last Cackletta DX
The Grand Finale
Megasparkle Goomba's Brilliant Battle
Tomato Adventure (Superstar Mix)
An Adventure in Atlantica (Remix)
Next up, we gave Mario match and battlemod compatibility. We still don't have plans for a proper support for those gametypes, we did make him less broken in them. Please bear with us here, as this is the best that we can do to make his experience good in those gametypes. That said, thank you for those who reported issues in the thread.
And finally, here's a changelog from what Version 1.1 has in store!
- Fixed a console error.
- Fixed Super Ball music not properly playing when detransforming while Super.
- The Ground Pound will now cut short if you've been in it for a long time, preventing softlocks.
- The Hey Stinky easter egg now respects your voice settings. Plus, multiple instances will no longer stack and cause an increase in volume.
- Fixed the cape breaking walls from far away, such as in THZ2.
- Mario can no longer perform any moves during the race countdown in order to make it fairer.
- Wall jump height has been buffed slightly.
- Fixed Mini Mario clipping into ceiling and getting crushed when switching to another powerup (again).
- You can no longer cape spin using the fire button if you don't have it assigned while super.
- Added a voice clip to the super transformation sequence.
- Added new star effect sprite.
- Mario's hammer now has a new effect upon hitting something.
- Coins/Powerups will no longer award score outside of co-op. Same goes for getting 1ups from comboing enemies. This is to prevent an unfair advantage from abusing these mechanics.
- Fixed Mario not dropping flags in CTF upon death.
- Fixed Mario no dropping rings/ring panels upon getting hit in Ringsligner.
- Added partial BattleMod support so all of his attacks work. Don't expect him to be balanced!
- Added Footsteps support.
- Added Persona support. Go through Tartarus with an arsenal inspired by Mario's various RPG appearances! Music pack also included as a separate download.
Enjoy! (Some gifs provided by SMS Alfredo)
Mostly just bug fixes and adding in MIDI music.
- Fixed certain monitors in Frozen Hillside not working
- Fixed a Lua error with emeralds.lua
- Attempted to fix Mario's overalls breaking from a Lua error that resulted from an unknown bug
- Fixed a softlock and weird errors resulting from being dragging into a pit while stunned from getting hit
- Fixed Mario bugging out upon getting hit when other Lua scripts return true on a MobjDamage hook
- Amy's hearts no longer override Mario's Fire Flower power-up
- Fixed P Balloon's explosion not reseting properly
- You now rise faster during Mario's spin jump
- Buffed Side Flip jump height slightly
- Updated drowning theme
- Added MIDI versions of Mario's various jingles
In case you were wondering, v1.0.1 is actually an early version of this update accidentally released early. Most of what's here was already added, but there's some extra fixes that aren't present in v1.0.1.