attachment.php

The full moon rises! The Werehog is unleashed!

The Werehog returns, with a whole new set of skills and gameplay, inspired by his gameplay in Sonic Unleashed!

View attachment 14560AbilitiesView attachment 14560

The Werehog's combat is significantly different from his original game, this time tailored towards' SRB2's level design, which encourages using enemies to your advantage to progress in a fluid manner. But, if you can't run from a fight, he's well equipped for a good brawl!

Running

This ability is enabled by Default. If you wish to disable it for the vanilla experience, type "runbutton disable" in console.
The Werehog moves slower than the rest of the cast, but by holding Custom 1 you run on all fours to achieve maximum speed! Be careful though - he has a much higher acceleration than others, so try not to slip and fall while running!

attachment.php

Were-Claw

Unlike his hedgehog counterpart, the Werehog can't attack enemies by jumping on them, but by pressing spin midair, he can slash forwards with his claws for a poweful attack that can destroy spikes, walls and floors alike. It's great for midair combat, as you can use it multiple times after jumping, or even bouncing on springs!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Were-Spin

Tons of enemies on the floor, and don't want to repeatedly bounce on each one to defeat them? Well then, has Werehog got the move for you! By holding spin on the floor, you'll start spinning around like a denim-wearing-bandicoot and destroy all enemies (spikes or walls) in your path!

attachment.php

Double Jump and Grapple-Punch

If there are no enemies nearby, tapping the jump button again in the air will give you some extra height with the Double Jump! Useful when you slip off a platform, or to make it easier to reach higher places.

If there are enemies near you when jumping, pressing the jump button will make the Werehog stretch his arm to grab the nearest enemy and grapple towards it. Just tapping the jump button will make you bounce off it like a homing attack, stopping your momentum. But, by holding it, you'll bounce much higher and launch at full speed forwards! You can combo multiple enemies and keep the pace while you play "The Floor is Lava" on any level!

A few little extra additions to improve the fluffy stretchy arms experience, like last time I seriously suggest you try and find these out yourself, but if you just wanna get it over quickly...
  • Unleashed Sound Effects
  • unearthly screaming when dying
  • crashing into the nice cold dirt when you're out of lives
  • fluffy smol continue
  • Werehog Fireworks!
  • squattin waiting animation
  • an adorable red flying companion (you can enable/disable by typing "chip" in console)
  • stretching arms to vibe check your enemies
  • Custom NiGHTS sprites!
  • no super form, but hey now its purple (tm)
  • W E R E H U G S (custom 1)
  • a sudden jazz band might play when killing an enemy, and will continue playing as you continue your combat. When will they play? Who knows... (You can now disable it by typing jazzband in console)
  • eat shit if you fail a trick (XMomentum)
  • doggysona (Persona)

View attachment 14560Special Thanks!!View attachment 14560

oh boy this is gonna be a long one

View attachment 14560MotdSpork, rumia1, Tatsuru and Lach! -Scripting

Absolutely everything about Werehog's abilities, sound effects and visual effects is thanks to MotdSpork. Rumia1 helped a ton with testing and suggesting different ideas plus helping spork with the coding. Tatsuru for letting us use their Amyhugs script, and Lach for helping spork fix a nasty flipped gravity bug. Thank you so much for making the Werehog super unique!

View attachment 14560DaOrangeBoi - Original CSS pic

Thank you for making the original Werehog CSS. I kinda wanted to do my own take on it so I went ahead and did it :p

View attachment 14560Inazuma - Chip Sprites

Thank you for letting us use your adorable Chip sprites and also your suggestions for improving Werehog's movement, as well as my sprites in general!! I hope you enjoy playing him as much as we enjoyed designing him.

View attachment 14560ApocHedgie - Jump SFX

I can't believe how hard this was to find, thank you so much for finding the Werehog's jumping SFX, we owe you one.

View attachment 14560Colacoot - Sprite Revision and Cleanup

Wow, this came out of nowhere but I'm glad you took the time to make Werehog look nicer. It really goes to show how goofy his face was in the earlier versions. Thank you so so much!
attachment.php

View attachment 14560Pyrakid Wolfo - Persona Patch

Out of nowhere, and very appreciated! Thank you so much for the main bulk of the code AND Cerberus sprites! It was fun to work on the new art as well.

View attachment 14560The SRB2 Discord

For all it's memery and hype around Werehog's release, your criticism, your laughs and motivation to see this guy released, I thank you for your patience. I hope you love playing as our adorable Werehugs, enjoy!

V1 - Initial Release

V1.1

• Fixed being able to WereSpin in DSZ water slides
  • Fixed being able to WereSpin after exiting a level
  • Fixed the WereSpin not properly extending the battle music
  • Run button is now disabled by default
  • Normal acceleration when run button is disabled. Quicker acceleration with it enabled
  • Made battle music rarer
  • Fixed an animation bug with the WereSpin when being pushed upwards by fans
  • Fixed a bug were battle music carried over between stages
  • Made the hand detection code more efficient and consistent
  • Fixed a bug where you wouldnt grapple towards certain objects the hand collided with (Thank you Tatsuru)
  • Added sound when locking onto a target
  • Made it so you can always doublejump after grappling a boss
  • Fixed a big were the werespin wouldnt damage some object types
  • Moved hug to Custom 2

V1.2 (hotfix)
  • Fixed a bug where Were-Spin could hurt other players in co-op.
V1.3
  • Added an option to remove the reticle SFX and to shut the jazz band up once and for all.
  • Commands: "lockonsfx" to enable/disable the reticle sounf effect, and "jazzband" to enable/disable the random battle music.
  • Removed the spawning hearts button while hugging to avoid consistent SIGSEGV crashing.
V1.3.1
  • Thanks to Colacoot, Werehog has recieved a thorough sprite revision. He should look way less goofy now. Thank you so, so much!
  • Rewritten AmyHugs, should be way more stable online.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Were-spin to stop working all together.
  • Sounds have been optimized and lowered, so the filesize is now way, way smaller.
V1.3.2
  • Chip can now follow Modern Sonic if you have him added
  • Homing Reticle to match that of Modern Sonic
  • New IO support
  • Removed "lockonsfx" command
  • Added "runbutton2" and "chip2" as splitscreen counterparts of the normal commands
  • Can now properly lock onto and grapple Metal Sonic boss
  • Added captions for sounds

V2.2
  • PERSONA SUPPORT! Werehog is a powerful physical attacker and a tough tank! His magic is pitiful, though. NOTE: 95% of his vanilla code is disabled due to compatibility issues, so stuff like hugs and screams won't work here. Sorry, but I can't quite deal with his spaghetti code :P
  • New CSS art by yours truly!
  • XMomentum works now, thank you frosti :p (now actually works right)
  • (PERSONA) Fixed Giant Slice being incorrectly named as "Giant Slash".

Supporters / CoAuthors

NAAAAAAAAGH

Aahh... such a cool mod! ^-^
I do have one question though-- it's mentioned that there's srb2 persona support right? Hahah I'm kinda dumb and am unsure of how exactly to go about using the mod in srb2p.... if it isn't too much of a bother could I get a brief explanation on how to get it working?

Aahh... such a cool mod! ^-^
I do have one question though-- it's mentioned that there's srb2 persona support right? Hahah I'm kinda dumb and am unsure of how exactly to go about using the mod in srb2p.... if it isn't too much of a bother could I get a brief explanation on how to get it working?
so copy paste the mod name, open the console in srb2p and use the command ''addfile (modname)'' without the parethenthes and there you go

This has been happening for a while and I was hoping you could update the mod to fix this. Whenever Werehog enters a homing attack, he has a chance of straight not attacking and instead faceplanting into whatever he tries to attack.

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 107
This has been happening for a while and I was hoping you could update the mod to fix this. Whenever Werehog enters a homing attack, he has a chance of straight not attacking and instead faceplanting into whatever he tries to attack.
Right, I forgot to mention that I am aware of the glitch and I'll be looking into fixing it. Reason why I'm not updating him right away is because I'm preparing to package my characters together, and am kinda waiting for that to update him.

Dontcha worry, this will get fixed before long.

Right, I forgot to mention that I am aware of the glitch and I'll be looking into fixing it. Reason why I'm not updating him right away is because I'm preparing to package my characters together, and am kinda waiting for that to update him.

Dontcha worry, this will get fixed before long.
this is great to hear, about to report this bug, because I love using this character and ever since I got back into playing the game the werehog just not being able to grapple punch properly makes it a challenge to play him.
best of luck to the update and character pack!

DrStephen updated The Werehog v2.2 with a new update entry:

(Not so) Hotfix

yeah i know it took me forever but Werehog no longer gets hit when using Grapple Punch.

I originally wanted to update Werehog and release him alongside a full StephChars pk3, but I was too busy with many other things. I'll still try and package everything together someday, but for now I'll drop the most necessary update for Werehog. Sorry it took this long!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back