Ova Sonic

[Open Assets] Ova Sonic v2.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
can someone send some pictures of the new update? i wont be in ny house for the next two days and the conexion is terrible ;-;

well uh
this is uh
its a overhaul, cool, hahah uh
alright lemme just say that i think this is mid and i prefer the old sprites better. there, i said it

:(

this update looks very nice i just don't liked the climba5 sprites the hand climb sprites on angle 5 looks better but nice update

Sincerely i would go back to hand-drawed again. You changed sprites that they didnt need to, like the frontal falling sprite for example (also the other falling sprites dont fit correctly). The body proportions are weird and sonic's fa ce to the front its ugly (no offense). And if you go to hand-drawed again, i'd rather make the back and frontal sprites (the idle ones) like V1. Thank you for reading this and have a good day. (Also i would use this sprite you made it's amazing)

Attachments

• 96356-b9d92535c1a0c53a8b3f6fc520d724de.gif
    96356-b9d92535c1a0c53a8b3f6fc520d724de.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 67
Sincerely i would go back to hand-drawed again. You changed sprites that they didnt need to, like the frontal falling sprite for example (also the other falling sprites dont fit correctly). The body proportions are weird and sonic's fa ce to the front its ugly (no offense). And if you go to hand-drawed again, i'd rather make the back and frontal sprites (the idle ones) like V1. Thank you for reading this and have a good day. (Also i would use this sprite you made it's amazing)
Yet people want to complain about how 1.1 - 1.3 is off-putting.
Post automatically merged:

Which sprites are off-putting? (For the handdrawn ones.) So that I could fix them in the possible future.

Which sprites are off-putting? (For the handdrawn ones.) So that I could fix them in the possible future.
the sprite of the back is poorly done, the spines should be as in 1.1 and the feet the same. In the case of the sonic peelout it's not leaning forward enough to feel fast, especially from the front (at least from the side it looks amazing). In the case of the fall, I prefer the one from 1.3, when sonic falls from the front his sprite is very good, he looks very dynamic, but when he falls from other angles the arms are not as long and dynamic as from the front. I wouldn't tweak the spindash sprite much, it looks good. And the sprites when it runs normally would make them like the ones in the image I gave you, it looks very good.

the sprite of the back is poorly done, the spines should be as in 1.1 and the feet the same. In the case of the sonic peelout it's not leaning forward enough to feel fast, especially from the front (at least from the side it looks amazing). In the case of the fall, I prefer the one from 1.3, when sonic falls from the front his sprite is very good, he looks very dynamic, but when he falls from other angles the arms are not as long and dynamic as from the front. I wouldn't tweak the spindash sprite much, it looks good. And the sprites when it runs normally would make them like the ones in the image I gave you, it looks very good.
also i think sonics face to the side should look like this (sorry for the bad quality)

and the peelout from the side could look like this (that's it for the ideas, i recommend to you to take a rest for a while since you've worked for the redesing)
1690733627122.png

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_113838.jpg
    IMG_20230730_113838.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
honestly I liked they way you drew the spines/quills/whatever-else-they-are-calleds in v1.0-v1.2 sprites

also i dont think the original sprites (minus the ones with the redrawn spines/quills from v1.3) are offputting personally I really like 'em

I'll see what I can do about the sprites. Since they seem to be the issue now.

Last edited:
I think the sprites are an improvement but my issue is the moveset being simple and kinda invalidating itself since both the double jump and wallrun serve the same purpose.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back