Haha lol
Post automatically merged:

You could add a quickstep ability to the mod, maybe by holding down custom 2 and the directional keys or something.
SRB2 very heavy on using the strafe keys, and you can already easily replicate a "quickstep" by hitting the strafe keys. SRB2 does not have the same design philosophy as the Boost Gameplay, making it entirely pointless. Modern Sonic is not "Modern Sonic for Modern Sonic Levels in SRB2," it's "Modern Sonic designed around and for SRB2." Adding the quickstep adds more code, more control bloat (which is already confusing to many at first), and is just a faulty replacement for hitting your A/D keys.

It's like asking to add drifting to Adventure Sonic.

SRB2 very heavy on using the strafe keys, and you can already easily replicate a "quickstep" by hitting the strafe keys. SRB2 does not have the same design philosophy as the Boost Gameplay, making it entirely pointless. Modern Sonic is not "Modern Sonic for Modern Sonic Levels in SRB2," it's "Modern Sonic designed around and for SRB2." Adding the quickstep adds more code, more control bloat (which is already confusing to many at first), and is just a faulty replacement for hitting your A/D keys.

It's like asking to add drifting to Adventure Sonic.
True, but while boosting, turning is restricted to drifting and drifting only, so there is no way to strafe in a situation such as that.

True, but while boosting, turning is restricted to drifting and drifting only, so there is no way to strafe in a situation such as that.
Stop moving your camera, v5 works by a "sharp turn" basis. You will always drift if your camera movement is equal to you holding the strafe key. Drifting doesn't even alter the turning, it's only for visual flair. v6 makes drifting separate and manually input, with altered turning arcs being a hybrid between Generations and Unleashed drift. v6 is in a development state not available to the public.

I don't understand why quickstepping is something you want, are you not anticipating your environment and bumping into walls?

Last edited:
I find that in tag Modern is incredibly powerful with his ability to farm spring tricks, giving him near-infinite boost to run from other characters.
Would be nice to be able to disable or nerf tricks in match or ctf gamemodes, making rings more consistent and useful.

In the next update, can you get sonic to rail grind on more things? What I'm saying is get the character to detect 2d objects like rails and grind on them like rails. Not just mine tracks in arid canyon, so can you get sonic to rail grind on more things like Tempest the Axolotol?

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    75.9 KB · Views: 76
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    472.6 KB · Views: 67
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    687.2 KB · Views: 84
Is there a way to disable the speed lines when you boost and do homing attacks? It's broken in the resolution I use (1366x768)
srb20000.png
srb20001.png
srb20000.png
srb20001.png
srb20002.png
srb20003.png

Stop moving your camera, v5 works by a "sharp turn" basis. You will always drift if your camera movement is equal to you holding the strafe key. Drifting doesn't even alter the turning, it's only for visual flair. v6 makes drifting separate and manually input, with altered turning arcs being a hybrid between Generations and Unleashed drift. v6 is in a development state not available to the public.

I don't understand why quickstepping is something you want, are you not anticipating your environment and bumping into walls?
He actually had quickstepping in his first version of the mod: Modern Abilities for 2.1. and it worked just fine.

if you're going fast enough, whenever you stomp, he curls into a ball and keeps running. not sure if this is a bug or not, but if it is, id rather you not fix it.

if you're going fast enough, whenever you stomp, he curls into a ball and keeps running. not sure if this is a bug or not, but if it is, id rather you not fix it.
sounds like with that bug, the stomp doesn't cancel sonic's momentum.
Reminds me of old-gen (Wii, PS2) unleashed, which didn't cancel momentum on a stomp either.

Can
In the next update, can you get sonic to rail grind on more things? What I'm saying is get the character to detect 2d objects like rails and grind on them like rails. Not just mine tracks in arid canyon, so can you get sonic to rail grind on more things like Tempest the Axolotol?
Can we have rail grinding in the next update please?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back