How come?
1) It's a Modern Sonic mod, not a Frontiers Sonic mod. The Modern Sonic we know does not play at all like how he does in Frontiers, this would just be out of place.
2) What is there in SRB2 for Sonic to have an internal monologue about? There aren't any grand spectacles here like Frontiers, no friends that need saving who Sonic needs to think out loud about. Literally nothing.
3) It's too much work to code for something no one will care about. Modern Sonic isn't used to explore like how he's played in Frontiers, he's a fast-paced action character meant for speed.

Not to mention the fact that would only be usable with Roger and Jun'ichi.
if theres not many lines which could also be used for SRB2, then they could get a voice actor which does a REALLY good Roger Sonic impression. Or, as long as they don't feel off when compared to the real one (depending if they want to include the real voice lines in there too).

if that don't work out, we could use ai to help!
Post automatically merged:

2) What is there in SRB2 for Sonic to have an internal monologue about? There aren't any grand spectacles here like Frontiers, no friends that need saving who Sonic needs to think out loud about. Literally nothing.
There are a few things he could talk about in srb2, like the houses in GFZ, the machines in THZ, the ruins in DSZ, the large castle interior and exteriors in CEZ, the mine cart rails in ACZ, the lava in RVZ and the anti gravity in ERZ.

In this mod, he says things that he says in forces when he's in null space when you hit a trigger for him to do so.
null-space-from-sonic-forces-2-2-port-vs_null_space-v1-3.27145

Sure, it's right out of the level they were remaking and they just needed to rip the lines and import them into the mod, but it should be possible! Sonic says a lot of things (He does in this mod I am aware) but maybe if there were coherent lines instead of "HAH" or "Ouch". If you didn't want it, you could toggle it in the console or leave it be as would be defaulted as off.

Last edited:
I was adding to what Melody said.
It's just not worth the amount of work for the little payoff having an AI Ryan Drummond say "woah red house very cool".
It makes sense for an open world game, but not a fast-paced game.

I was adding to what Melody said.
It's just not worth the amount of work for the little payoff having an AI Ryan Drummond say "woah red house very cool".
It makes sense for an open world game, but not a fast-paced game.
Maybe it could be a standalone mod then? Just done with one voice actor?

I heard theres an SRB2 frontiers coming out, so maybe they could do this for it? The people working on it I mean.

Oh no I mean I different one. The one by Blue River. It's a WIP and is coming out when it's done on the SRB2 Workshop.

Actually, they're making the frontiers sonic for that mod, and Ninja Sonic is making the maps.

Plus, there should be more levels designed around him. Yes, I've played the unleashed port and maybe a few others I can't remember right now, either I'm not looking in the right places, or theres not many maps which consider Modern Sonic's moveset.

I don't mind if there isn't any but are there any suggestions as to what levels or level packs which you guys would suggest?

Last edited:
We're not using AI. That's disrespectful towards the voice actors.
I did also say this:
If theres not many lines which could also be used for SRB2, then they could get a voice actor which does a REALLY good Roger Sonic impression. Or, good enough that they don't feel off when compared to the real one (depending if they want to include the real voice lines in there too).

I did also say this:
Voice acting pays, in case you didn't know.
Also, I don't think anyone before has gone through so much effort to make an SRB2 mod like what you're suggesting, and for good reason too. Making mods is a hobby. You can be idealistic as you want with your ambitions, but you have to be realistic too.
No one in their right mind is going to pay money to have someone voice act for their SRB2 mod. Not unless they're being REALLY ambitious, and even then... why?
Go make a fully fledged game if you want to shoot high like that, you're wasting your optimism and patience going through all that effort for something like this.

Voice acting pays, in case you didn't know.
Also, I don't think anyone before has gone through so much effort to make an SRB2 mod like what you're suggesting, and for good reason too. Making mods is a hobby. You can be idealistic as you want with your ambitions, but you have to be realistic too.
No one in their right mind is going to pay money to have someone voice act for their SRB2 mod. Not unless they're being REALLY ambitious, and even then... why?
Go make a fully fledged game if you want to shoot high like that, you're wasting your optimism and patience going through all that effort for something like this.
I didn't think it would be that ambitious...

I think I chose the wrong idea to put forward :/

So, you didn't think about what you were actually asking-
Well I thought it would be a fun little side thing

Rule 15: Do not request people to make entire features or mods for you. Do use our wiki and the Guides section for help making them yourself, and use the forum or our Discord server to get more help. Suggestions for base SRB2 go in the Suggestions thread.
If I were to make it myself, I don't think I'd have the proper tools to do so

I'm on Mac and I can't really find any programs which work without having an intel chip in mine.

and yes, voice acting is a problem too

Here's another which won't be as ambitious,

Maybe add more super themes?
Sure the one we have is a banger, but maybe reach for the stars or other modern sonic game theme?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back