This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
A small pack of 3 maps. I've been sitting on releasing these maps for some time, but I figure now is as good of a time to release them as any.

Maps:
GBA Mario Circuit - An (almost) 1:1 recreation of GBA Mario Circuit as it appears in Mario Kart 8. Enjoy the view of the track from the raised hairpin, but watch out for sneaky oil slick below.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Marble Drome - A straightforward, fast-paced track with a Marble Zone aesthetic. There was already a Marble Zone battle map, but I wanted to use this remix and figured why not make a race course based on it. Though there's not much in terms of Marble Zone style traps, things can get pretty hectic in the hallways... I did not make these textures, of course, so credit to the original creator of them for the Marble Zone battle map.
attachment.php

Frozen Capital - A relaxing tour through an icy city flooded with chilled water. Also a fairly straightforward course, but prepare for some water levels to rise during the race. Try not to take a dip.
attachment.php

I tested these quite extensively, so please let me know if you find something horrifically broken that somehow slipped by. But more importantly, Enjoy!

Changelog
v1 - Initial release.

v1.1
-Properly looped music for all maps
GBA Mario Circuit
-Added extra springs to the far sides of the first ramp
-Increased the height of the death pits
-Removed the various slime trails
Marble Drome
-Changed shortcuts' textures for improved visibility
-Added some lava falls along the outside of turns in the underground
-Fixed a sneaky minor checkpoint error before the triple sneaker panels jumps
-Increased the height of death pits in the outdoors sections of the track
Frozen Capital
-Renamed Frozen Capital to Milk Capital to avoid overlap with other frozen_x maps out there. Rolls off the tongue better!
-Replaced the building cut with a smaller, more traditional offroad one
-Added an invisible FOF ceiling in the water section
-Shortened and widened the second-last turn a bit, and removed some fencing to allow for a small time save
-Removed the final set of items as a result of the above

Attachments

• 2632.jpg
    2632.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 5,186
  • 326324.jpg
    326324.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 5,156
  • 21490.jpg
    21490.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 5,026
  • 258256.jpg
    258256.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 449
  • 62891.jpg
    62891.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 5,008
  • 96282.jpg
    96282.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 389
  • KR_milkpack-v1.1.pk3
    10.7 MB · Views: 2,048
Last edited:
Pretty nice maps.
Good wide turns and shortcuts.
Not punishing for new players.
Clear visibility of map, no turn unexpected.

Dunno how I feel about that sole item box at the end of GBA Mario Circuit.
Loved the hidden easter egg at marble drome.
What is the trigger for the left path at the start to open?
Encore marble drome was a nice surprise!
Frozen capital sneaker cut might be a bit too tight to exit it.

Big. Fan.
Absolutely excellent first showing.
kart0130.gif

That being said, you've got some minor things you may wanna look back at.

Last edited:
oh my i was looking for another track pack, this come out of nowhere and man do i LOVE those tracks so far!
Very nice looking and friendly! and the Encore effect in Marble Drome is Q U A L I T Y

Can't wait for more!

GBA Mario Circuit has slime trails throughout the map.
The boost shortcut in Frozen Capital has its sloped section mistakenly marked as offroad.

Screenshots of these issues are included in the attachments below.

Attachments

• kart0000.png
    kart0000.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 265
  • kart0001.png
    kart0001.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 254
  • kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 244
  • kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Managed to playthrough this course pack yesterday.

Here's some brief-ish thoughts about each one I've played through.
The post was taken directly from a discord server I was in with some wording tweaks and image caps to show a point of reference.

Gba Mario circuit:
i can't say much since it's just a port, though it's obviously scaled up larger which may cause boredom on normal speed playthroughs?
Not placing red springs on both ends of the road is a bit odd, especially a respawn point from the far right doesn't align you the springs.
If you do keep the diagonal springs like that, maybe slightly change the direction of the respawn point to aim at the springs to prevent netgame players accidentally falling into the pit again.

kart0245.gif

it's pretty close to what the map would be like if it was compressed into a doom map.
I assume this was one of the first maps you made to test the waters with zb. Usually it helps pretty well despite some users may not be so fond of stage ports.

Nice port Regardless. (oh yeah, hope you can adjust the texture misalignment in the gif above)

Marble Drome:
probably my highlight of the pack or the 3rd course.
You should probably look into changing one the cut's floor textures since it kind of bleeds in with the main road, expecting someone to run into that turn and become shocked it's not normal road.

kart0082.png

(this one has similar dark purple textures which may confuse players despite the cut being a 90 degree turn)

kart0081.png

(same can be said with the first cut too, but i like how'd you manage to lock it off on the first lap. pretty clever if you ask me.)

bit worried about the starting room lava for confusions sake, but it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Just a personal feeling about the layout, did wish there was more to the cavern sections in the map, most time in marble zone is keeping a lookout on lava from the ceiling in
close cornered areas.
Adding some lava falls in there sparingly would it out a lot.

aside from that, i dig the slopes in this course, makes the course have a sense of rhythm going from outside to the inside portions of the stage.

speaking of lap gimmicks.
Frozen Capital:
I thought it was an ice map at first but it's really just a snow map with barely any ice aside from the quarterpipe and the last section which i find to be completely out of place for the rest of the course.
Best idea I can think of is maybe slowly adding in more ice portions after the halfway point in the map.

the section you enter the 2nd lap is a nice change of pace, though under water sections still give me ptsd because 9/10 it's going to equate to "if you die by an spb here, kiss everything you did in that run goodbye."
kart0247.gif

(just a comparison gif between the two)
kart0248.gif

Thankfully, the layout in that portion isn't super complex where the map will try to kill you, but the fear is still present.

A solution i can think of would be adding a small bit of strong gravity from an invisible fof to prevent lingering in the air for an absurd amount of time. layout in that area is simple enough to prevent tedium on implementing if i recall correctly.

There is one sneaker cut in the course which may need more time testing, looks a bit strong despite the exit point being very narrow.
Might make comeback potential very strong and for frontrunners smuggling a shoe in on this course.
kart0249.gif

suggesting a speed pad of sorts for players in the back to keep up.

Aside from that, another solid course with just needing a few tweaks, could suggest some banking on a few 90 degree turns as I've heard another user that some turns felt a bit samey.

Overall, i dig this pack and looking forward to what you have in store down the line if you continue making more courses. I appreciate the minor lap change gimmicks you've added in the original courses to give a bit of uniqueness to it.
All the layouts feel pretty nice to drive on from what i've played.

Best of luck and hopefully my two cents adds anything you'd be willing to adjust in the next patch. Nice song choices by the way, I liked the marble zone remix a lot.

Last edited:
Updated Milk Pack to v1.1, with some quality of life changes here and there.

Managed to playthrough this course pack yesterday.

Here's some brief-ish thoughts about each one I've played through.
The post was taken directly from a discord server I was in with some wording tweaks and image caps to show a point of reference.

Gba Mario circuit:
i can't say much since it's just a port, though it's obviously scaled up larger which may cause boredom on normal speed playthroughs?
Not placing red springs on both ends of the road is a bit odd, especially a respawn point from the far right doesn't align you the springs.
If you do keep the diagonal springs like that, maybe slightly change the direction of the respawn point to aim at the springs to prevent netgame players accidentally falling into the pit again.

kart0245.gif

it's pretty close to what the map would be like if it was compressed into a doom map.
I assume this was one of the first maps you made to test the waters with zb. Usually it helps pretty well despite some users may not be so fond of stage ports.

Nice port Regardless. (oh yeah, hope you can adjust the texture misalignment in the gif above)

Marble Drome:
probably my highlight of the pack or the 3rd course.
You should probably look into changing one the cut's floor textures since it kind of bleeds in with the main road, expecting someone to run into that turn and become shocked it's not normal road.

kart0082.png

(this one has similar dark purple textures which may confuse players despite the cut being a 90 degree turn)

kart0081.png

(same can be said with the first cut too, but i like how'd you manage to lock it off on the first lap. pretty clever if you ask me.)

bit worried about the starting room lava for confusions sake, but it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Just a personal feeling about the layout, did wish there was more to the cavern sections in the map, most time in marble zone is keeping a lookout on lava from the ceiling in
close cornered areas.
Adding some lava falls in there sparingly would it out a lot.

aside from that, i dig the slopes in this course, makes the course have a sense of rhythm going from outside to the inside portions of the stage.

speaking of lap gimmicks.
Frozen Capital:
I thought it was an ice map at first but it's really just a snow map with barely any ice aside from the quarterpipe and the last section which i find to be completely out of place for the rest of the course.
Best idea I can think of is maybe slowly adding in more ice portions after the halfway point in the map.

the section you enter the 2nd lap is a nice change of pace, though under water sections still give me ptsd because 9/10 it's going to equate to "if you die by an spb here, kiss everything you did in that run goodbye."
kart0247.gif

(just a comparison gif between the two)
kart0248.gif

Thankfully, the layout in that portion isn't super complex where the map will try to kill you, but the fear is still present.

A solution i can think of would be adding a small bit of strong gravity from an invisible fof to prevent lingering in the air for an absurd amount of time. layout in that area is simple enough to prevent tedium on implementing if i recall correctly.

There is one sneaker cut in the course which may need more time testing, looks a bit strong despite the exit point being very narrow.
Might make comeback potential very strong and for frontrunners smuggling a shoe in on this course.
kart0249.gif

suggesting a speed pad of sorts for players in the back to keep up.

Aside from that, another solid course with just needing a few tweaks, could suggest some banking on a few 90 degree turns as I've heard another user that some turns felt a bit samey.

Overall, i dig this pack and looking forward to what you have in store down the line if you continue making more courses. I appreciate the minor lap change gimmicks you've added in the original courses to give a bit of uniqueness to it.
All the layouts feel pretty nice to drive on from what i've played.

Best of luck and hopefully my two cents adds anything you'd be willing to adjust in the next patch. Nice song choices by the way, I liked the marble zone remix a lot.

This post was much appreciated, pointing out some things I didn't think about like the underwater SPB airtime. I tried experimenting a bit with other things you pointed out like changing some turns, but couldn't come up with anything great at the moment. I'll likely keep trying in the future but for now I wanted to get the QoL update out. Thanks again!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back