HILL TOP
- Hill Top doesn't have an Encore Palette. Perhaps not a bug, but the exclusion was weird considering every other stage seemed to be accounted for.
I think it's refering to Mushroom Hill Zone. Even then, it's just a change of seasons inside Mushroom Hill, so it wouldn't be much of an issue. I do have a bit of mixed thoughts with the music though. Maybe because I'm not used to Sonic The Fighters music but that's it. The rest of the map is really well done

「AxeCrusader」;846785 said:
I think it's refering to Mushroom Hill Zone. Even then, it's just a change of seasons inside Mushroom Hill, so it wouldn't be much of an issue. I do have a bit of mixed thoughts with the music though. Maybe because I'm not used to Sonic The Fighters music but that's it. The rest of the map is really well done
No, I was big dumb dumb stupid and thought that Ivo Industries' Hill Top map was a part of Marsh Mayhem. I'm not sure why but I apologize for the confusion.

Shame about the Bellbridge FOFs, Is there any way that the other issues can be fixed?

Some sprites does conflict with MAPNE from Driftcrest Pack​

sshot-2133.png

I'm not sure what's going wrong here. Fresh download, multiple times over, and every time I load up Stardust Speedway, this happens:

Untitled.png

Are you playing in Software Mode? That's what causes the texture issues, playing in OpenGL mode fixes this. You need to launch the game with the "-opengl" command to change it IIRC- I use a .bat file to do so.

Menacing Marshmallow updated Marsh Mayhem Pack [NEW MAP - MARBLE ZONE] with a new update entry:

Marsh Mayhem Pack 1.2 [NEW MAP - MARBLE ZONE]

PATCH NOTES :

• Marble Zone released

• General bug fixes across every course
  • Exploits and skips fixed in :
-Mute City​
-Big Blue​
  • Virtual stadium overhauled
  • Virtual stadium door cut removed

• Bellbridge optimized
  • Bellbridge cut length extended, initial hitbox extended

• Green Tropics overhauled, new badniks added
  • Green Tropics optimized

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just discovered this pack and I feel like a crazy obsessed person solo karting these stages for the past 3 days, even got my friends to play just to see them.
It's like you took Stardust Speedway/Metallic Madness and Bellbridge out of my child mind and gave it to me today. Then a Virtua-On track on top of that?? So. FREAKIN'. Awesome. You rule.

Your RailGrind lua conflict with the one from HighRise havoc.
If your pack is loaded first then HighRise Havoc is unplayable.
If your pack are loaded last then your shorcute on bell Bridge don't work.

Can't find neither of the two updates. It still shows the 1.1 version.

Edit : Ok, I'm an idiot ... or not used to the new forum of SRB2.

Last edited:
So something wrong that has happened that someone from my server is mentioning to me is that players are having their games crash should they become squished under the pillars in Marble Zone and also think you can revert virtual stadium to the previous state without the moving pillars because to be honest, they weren't really necessary and just add frustration.

Oh hey, I'm that player Cyan is talking about lol

Something to add on to that, there's a lot of screen flickering in Stardust Speedway, even with Moe Mansion installed (which I've been told may fix the issue)
Aside from Stardust Speedway and Marble Zone, the maps are great fun!

Your RailGrind lua conflict with the one from HighRise havoc.
If your pack is loaded first then HighRise Havoc is unplayable.
If your pack are loaded last then your shorcute on bell Bridge don't work.

I just encountered the same issue while hosting my own server, posting about it here in hopes of a potential fix soon.

attachment.php

THE LONG AWAITED MARSH MAYHEM PACK IS HERE!
It's been a long time coming, please enjoy what I have to offer!

WAVE _1 COURSES:

I understand that this isn't as many courses as I originally planned for wave 1, but I do plan to release more tracks in the near future, and again, I'm sorry this took as long as it did!

PATCH NOTES : (1.1)

General fixes:

Mushroom Hill:

• Fixed large tree displaying the wrong texture.
  • Fixed pit gradient visuals.

Stardust Speedway:

• Fixed missing death sector.
  • Starting zipper is now much slower.
Metallic Madness:

• Death pit added behind U-turn following the jump after the first set of crushers.

Bellbridge:

• Fixed Z-fighting of the clock face upper left texture.
  • Fixed position of checkpoints 5 and 6.
  • Fixed sparkle effect and rail conflicts with the SI-HT pack
Supporters / Co-Authors:
So, overall this is quite the impressive map pack, however there are a few issues that I've encountered when playing through it:

STARDUST SPEEDWAY

- Something about the flats are broken in software, and fail to align themselves properly.

METALLIC MADNESS
- I feel there needs to be some sort of tell on when the spike traps are going to activate. As it is it's a huge risk whether or not the spikes will suddenly go up if one decides to try and take the speed booster, to the point that it's almost not even worth using them and just ignoring them altogether.
- Some of the colors in the encore palette are not accounted for and still appear as green. This is most obviously seen in many of the ceilings, the rings surrounding the rotating wheels, and the buzzsaws.

BELLBRIDGE ZONE

- There was this constant flickering going on during gameplay, I'm not sure if it's because it takes place almost entirely on fofs or what but it was super distracting. (EDIT: I tested it on opengl and the issue does not seem to be present.)
- I think the Speed shoes shortcut needs to be either tweaked or cut entirely. For starters it's extremely finnicky and doesn't even work half the time, causing me to more often than not fall to my death for no good reason. It's also placed right before a set of item boxes meaning you can use it almost immediately depending on your placement, which is something I don't think should be possible. I also think that it skips way too much of the track for a simple speed shoes shortcut and should be dialed back a fair bit.

HILL TOP
- Hill Top doesn't have an Encore Palette. Perhaps not a bug, but the exclusion was weird considering every other stage seemed to be accounted for.

F ZERO TRACKS

- In the F-Zero tracks, at least on Normal Speed, the players go so fast that it is extremely difficult for the SPB to catch up to them.

EDIT: Added more issues
My palletes are really weird and the backgrpunds don't load,anyone knows what this is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-153209_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-153209_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20220113-153141_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-153141_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 165
Probably because it is a Kart map pack, clearly in multiple aspects meant for Kart, and not a vanilla SRB2 map pack

Good evening. It seems like certain maps may have certain problems with collisions, more specifically, item collisions.

As you can see here, this spot in Mushroom Hill has a gap where items go to the lower part of that section and with a... strangely weird outcome

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Another example can be found in Green Tropics almost at the finish line. Except this time there's no ground, deleting the item

I don't know if this is how Kart physics are and if its not possible to fix or vice versa. I should also say that other maps in here present this problem too like Mute City's ramp at the end.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back