It's finally here! A collection of SRB2Kart racers, varying from series and functionality!

attachment.php

Characters are split into separate pk3 files included in the zip below, see spoilers for details:

CHARACTERS:

R-9A Arrowhead - R-Type

attachment.php

SPEED: 7
WEIGHT: 2

The iconic R-9A Arrowhead was the first fighter to contact the Bydo Empire. With the Bydo defeated, the machine's been repurposed into a combat racing vehicle, Utilize the powerful FORCE device and take out the competition!
(See https://mb.srb2.org/threads/r9a-arrowhead.28879/ for FORCE details)

Bulborb - Pikmin

attachment.php

SPEED: 3
WEIGHT: 2

Just one Bulborb?! It's not even steering the kart! This small but ferocious beast that roams the land of PNF-404 has made its way to the race. At least it's just a small one..

Hatapon - Patapon

attachment.php

SPEED: 1
WEIGHT: 9

Hatapon, guarding the PATA and PON drums with his life takes his chances in SRB2 kart, though he may be small, Hatapon, with the aid of the powerful drums, becomes an unstoppable beacon of the Patapon army!

Majima - Yakuza

attachment.php

SPEED: 5
WEIGHT: 7

The Mad Dog of Shimano charges headfirst into SRB2K!

SV-001 Metal Slug - Metal Slug

attachment.php

SPEED: 9
WEIGHT: 9

This powerful super tank blasts through the competition with its extreme 2,850 kilogram weight and Hobten T-659G air-cooled Superconductivity Diesel Turbine Generator powered engine, giving it extreme speed.

Modern Eggman - Sonic The Hedgehog

attachment.php

SPEED: 2
WEIGHT: 8

With an IQ of 300, The evil genius himself finally enters the race! Though this is the second egg the competition has seen, this one comes with an alternate, modern, look.

Over Justice - Space Patrol Luluco

attachment.php

SPEED: 1
WEIGHT: 8

JUSTICE.

(And for an alternative look, type “JST_Papersprite” into the console.)

SAMUS - Metroid

attachment.php

SPEED: 6
WEIGHT: 3

Samus Aran, the intergalactic bounty hunter and the main protagonist of the Metroid series, joins the race!
With a speed of 6 and a weight of 3, her iconic Gunship floats effortlessly along the track.

Temjin - Virtual-ON

attachment.php

SPEED: 7
WEIGHT: 6

The Temjin is a Main Battle Virtuaroid (MBV) and was one of the very first VR models ever developed by the DN Corp., the other being the HBV-05-E Raiden. What it lacks in armament it compensates in generally balanced capabilities and performance in battle against opposing VRs. This balanced loadout transitions to SRB2Kart as well.

Wheelie Motobug - Sonic The Hedgehog

attachment.php

SPEED: 9
WEIGHT: 3

Motobug has decided to leave its kart, to motobug's surprise, its now much faster, and lighter even!

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• marshchars banner.png
    marshchars banner.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 18,334
  • KCL_Marshchars_v1.0.pk3
    3 MB · Views: 1,336
  • KC_marshchars_Indiv_v1.0.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,699
  • kart0088.gif
    kart0088.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 10,162
  • kart0089.gif
    kart0089.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 16,868
  • kart0090.gif
    kart0090.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 16,327
  • kart0091.gif
    kart0091.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 16,597
  • kart0092.gif
    kart0092.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 16,324
  • kart0093.gif
    kart0093.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 17,050
  • kart0094.gif
    kart0094.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 16,057
  • kart0095.gif
    kart0095.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 15,959
  • kart0096.gif
    kart0096.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 15,648
  • kart0097.gif
    kart0097.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 15,506
Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing a few frames of some of these guys every now and then... It's great to see they're all finally finished! Welcome to releases!

i remember seeing the Metal Slug on Discord over 9 months ago. it's so nice to finally have it released.

also like FINALLY, we have Modern Eggman.

In general this is such a cool release. Great Job man

Awesome charpack. I abslutely love that little motobug and the well crafted sprites of Samus, Metal Slug and Arrowhead.

Speaking of arrowhead, it's a blast to play with it! High risk, high reward gameplay.
Though there's slight changes I'd recommend made to it for balancing purpose against normal racers:
• First place should lose its ability to offroad infinitely. It can too easily distance other players and stay safe from any danger.
• Offroad still should have a weak speed loss, maybe -10% ?
• Throwing the Force backwards easily gets rid of any item thrown at you, a slight delay before throwing could make it much harder to abuse. ( Maybe making the item rotate around the character before being launched backwards would create that much needed delay ?)

Other than that, Arrowhead is some of the most fun I've had in kart. Exploding on contact with a banana is hilarious.

Again, awesome charpack. ♥

Last edited:
The Patapon is great, I completely love the idea of having pons as lua script.

If I could say anything it would be that the pons sometimes clutters the view. Would it be possible to make them slightly transparent?

I have no idea if this may be a limitation of the engine itself, so maybe that's not even possible.

Either or, I think these characters looks amazing! You even did the Metal Slug justice!
Great Job!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back