Looking forward to this being updated with more mods down the line, these models are super cool! Keep up the good work, Jeck

Oh, so this explains why my Fang was in 2D despite the game being in 3D.

On a side note how hard would it be to port Metal Knuckles' Saturn model into the mod (if you want to do it indeed)

Metal Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Hinote, Shadow, Gmerl, Cream FSonic, Rouge are missing. also, I wish there was a high poly option. I'll check older packs for more missing characters.

Last edited:
Metal Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Hinote, Shadow, Gemerl, Cream FSonic and Rouge are missing.

also, I wish there was a high poly option.

I'll check older packs for more missing characters.

Just wait a bit for the missing characters (which some of the one you mentioned aren't even released here yet!). FSonic is basically Sonic with an insta-shield so no need to create a new model for him.

Also this pack is supposed to be low-poly by design, wait that another guy is making another 3D model pack for that (you're free to make it yourself too).

Personally I am just patiently waiting for any eventual M.K and Mecha Sonic but I'm fine with having them in 2D already because I won't force the mod creator to make stuff just for me.

Just letting you know that these are awesome.

I beat game for the first time about a week ago with the regular sprites; they are lovely as is. However, the 3D models really make this game feel like something special.

I feel like I'm playing some kind of lost SEGA Saturn Sonic game that came out between Sonic and Sonic Adventure (While still somehow being more ambitious than the latter LOL).

Thank you for these!

This seems kind of important at the time i typed this

How will you handle OCs this time around? sense there's more polished OCs releasing on the message board then before. how will they be handled?

I'm in love with these models, man. And with dropshadows?

GhiN9UF.gif

k5RRpjj.gif

I could say to someone that this was part of an unreleased campaign mode for Sonic Jam, and they'd believe me.
Forreal. That's what I love so much about these. Clearly this game is a "what if?" scenario for the franchise, where we're able to play a 3D game that is faithful to the original 2D entries, yet has greater ambitions ala Super Mario 64. May as well completely follow through with that fantasy aspect of it, you know?

This is truly a superb game with some great creatives behind it. I can't believe I never touched it until now.

Forreal. That's what I love so much about these. Clearly this game is a "what if?" scenario for the franchise, where we're able to play a 3D game that is faithful to the original 2D entries, yet has greater ambitions ala Super Mario 64. May as well completely follow through with that fantasy aspect of it, you know?

This is truly a superb game with some great creatives behind it. I can't believe I never touched it until now.
I could even safely say that Sonic Robo Blast 2 may be the best 3D Sonic game ever created.

I could even safely say that Sonic Robo Blast 2 may be the best 3D Sonic game ever created.

It's hard for me to disagree. I'm a teacher in quarantine atm with a lot of free time on their hands. I've been struggling to put this damn game down. The levels are incredibly made, the replay value is through the roof, and the art, especially now with this mod, is just excellent. It's just so authentically Sonic.

EDIT: The only issue I'm having with this mod is that Sonic's model will occasionally turn yellow after turning super or completing a special stage. Is there any workaround for this? It's the only thing holding this back from being 100% perfect.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to disagree. I'm a teacher in quarantine atm with a lot of free time on their hands. I've been struggling to put this damn game down. The levels are incredibly made, the replay value is through the roof, and the art, especially now with this mod, is just excellent. It's just so authentically Sonic.

EDIT: The only issue I'm having with this mod is that Sonic's model will occasionally turn yellow after turning super or completing a special stage. Is there any workaround for this? It's the only thing holding this back from being 100% perfect.

Are you still on SRV2 v2.2.1? Skins randomly swapping colours was fixed in 2.2.2

Save data is preserved between the 2.2 releases.

Awesome. I'll get to that in a sec. Thanks!

This will be great because my preferred way of playing most Sonic games is too just start from the beginning and see how far I can get while collecting all the Emeralds; Sonic's color change was a big distraction from that!

EDIT: Fixed. Much better!

Last edited:
Awesome. I'll get to that in a sec. Thanks!

This will be great because my preferred way of playing most Sonic games is too just start from the beginning and see how far I can get while collecting all the Emeralds; Sonic's color change was a big distraction from that!

EDIT: Fixed. Much better!
Alright now I was annoyed by the super sonic blue or something and it was not good until 2.2.2 released then it fixed it all!

Back