• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
A lot of things are happening lmoa
I can't even keep track of how many projects are still hyped up for.
Either way...

It is time to go
GETSPHRS.png

srb20110.gif
Time Stone graphics not included.
That is right, I am planning to make a Blue Spheres special stages mod, replacing 2.0's stages in Multiplayer with good ol' Blue Spheres.

Mechanics completed
  • The 4 main Spheres used in S3's specials.
    • Blue Spheres: Those are the essential spheres for a Special Stage, and the namesake. Collect all of them to beat the stage and get the Emerald. Watch out though - after collecting one, they turn into...
    • Red Spheres: Keep an eye on those at all times. You'll never know when you'll be running into them. Touching a Red Sphere makes you end the stage prematurely, without the Emerald.
    • Spring Spheres: These yellow balls thrust you up whenever you step on them. Helpful for traversing gaps of Red Spheres.
    • Bumper Spheres: The gray ones with a red star. Touching them bumps you away like one of SYZ's bumpers.
  • Walking into one edge of the stage makes you warp to the opposite edge, like you're walking on a planet.
  • Lack of character ability. Can't cheese the stages with Tails and Metal now!
  • Touching a Red Sphere or getting the Chaos Emerald makes the camera spin out like it did in Sonic 3.
  • Auto-running option for expert players.
To do:
  • Red Sphere/Ring Conversion rule: if there ever exists a perimeter of Red Spheres which is filled with Blue Spheres, the shape turns into Rings.
  • Possibly mechanic requests? Don't count on me implementing the grid though.

Last edited:
Suggestion: to replicate the spherical aspect of the special stages, make visual portals that make it a never ending loop

Update on this, long story short: there is a spark of hope.

Someone on the official Discord server reminded me of this
and soon after I metnioned the StRC rule, someone suggested I look in Sonic Mania's source code

I didn't find anything...
BUT. Earlier today someone suggested I ask the creator of the Sonic 1/2/CD decomps about this on Twitter.
I couldn't, so I looked around for more people that can potentially help.
So I found Eukayrot, the creator of Sonic 3 A.I.R. Looked around their tweets/retweets, and found:
> Today in “holy shit”, Sonic 3 AIR is now open source

That's the spark of hope.
I went to S3 A.I.R's Github page looking for the Blue Spheres code...

And as soon as I found this comment:
// This function creates rings from a region of spheres (when all border spheres got turned red)
...I went ecstatic. The add-on can come to life!

Update on this, long story short: there is a spark of hope.

Someone on the official Discord server reminded me of this
and soon after I metnioned the StRC rule, someone suggested I look in Sonic Mania's source code

I didn't find anything...
BUT. Earlier today someone suggested I ask the creator of the Sonic 1/2/CD decomps about this on Twitter.
I couldn't, so I looked around for more people that can potentially help.
So I found Eukayrot, the creator of Sonic 3 A.I.R. Looked around their tweets/retweets, and found:
> Today in “holy shit”, Sonic 3 AIR is now open source

That's the spark of hope.
I went to S3 A.I.R's Github page looking for the Blue Spheres code...

And as soon as I found this comment:
// This function creates rings from a region of spheres (when all border spheres got turned red)
...I went ecstatic. The add-on can come to life!
YOOOOO THAT'S BRILLIANT!
This makes me very excited. As someone who can't get enough of the Blue Spheres Special Stages, this makes me very ecstatic; especially with what SRB2 can do - perhaps layered Blue Spheres stages that involve some platforming or new Spheres!

YOOOOO THAT'S BRILLIANT!
This makes me very excited. As someone who can't get enough of the Blue Spheres Special Stages, this makes me very ecstatic; especially with what SRB2 can do - perhaps layered Blue Spheres stages that involve some platforming or new Spheres!
It'll all be possible with the power of modding. Yes, there will be support for custom Spheres and stages, no matter how vertical. As long as they follow the grid.

It'll all be possible with the power of modding. Yes, there will be support for custom Spheres and stages, no matter how vertical. As long as they follow the grid.
OOOOH YES!! These'd make perfect Special Stages for mods with Super Emeralds in. Honestly, I'd immediately have this mod loaded at all times because Blue Spheres just has endless possibilities - if there's ever a chance to test them, I'm signing right the hell up because I could go on for hours about how amazing this is

Imagine this with a S3K-esque camera and we're all set for Hyper Hype!*

* Hyper Hype may or may not be a mod in development, but I am not involved in its creation Ijustsaiditasajokeokay

Yo!
A lot of things are happening lmoa
I can't even keep track of how many projects are still hyped up for.
Either way...

It is time to go
View attachment 42794
View attachment 42796Time Stone graphics not included.
That is right, I am planning to make a Blue Spheres special stages mod, replacing 2.0's stages in Multiplayer with good ol' Blue Spheres.

Mechanics completed
  • The 4 main Spheres used in S3's specials.
    • Blue Spheres: Those are the essential spheres for a Special Stage, and the namesake. Collect all of them to beat the stage and get the Emerald. Watch out though - after collecting one, they turn into...
    • Red Spheres: Keep an eye on those at all times. You'll never know when you'll be running into them. Touching a Red Sphere makes you end the stage prematurely, without the Emerald.
    • Spring Spheres: These yellow balls thrust you up whenever you step on them. Helpful for traversing gaps of Red Spheres.
    • Bumper Spheres: The gray ones with a red star. Touching them bumps you away like one of SYZ's bumpers.
  • Walking into one edge of the stage makes you warp to the opposite edge, like you're walking on a planet.
  • Lack of character ability. Can't cheese the stages with Tails and Metal now!
  • Touching a Red Sphere or getting the Chaos Emerald makes the camera spin out like it did in Sonic 3.
  • Auto-running option for expert players.
To do:
  • Red Sphere/Ring Conversion rule: if there ever exists a perimeter of Red Spheres which is filled with Blue Spheres, the shape turns into Rings.
  • Possibly mechanic requests? Don't count on me implementing the grid though.
Yo this is cool! Are you planning on zooming out the camera and making the player speed up over time?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back