foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots

[Open Assets] foxBot! ExAI-based Multiplayer Coop Bots 1.7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Speaking of multiple bots, why am I flickering when both Knuckles and I turn Super?
(I'm playing with 3 bots.)
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20045.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 16,721
I may be doing something completely wrong, but I tried to use this on android, in singleplayer, and the bot wouldn't really move, unless I went up enough, where I heard them start to jump. They still teleported to me, when I moved far enough away.

I may be doing something completely wrong, but I tried to use this on android, in singleplayer, and the bot wouldn't really move, unless I went up enough, where I heard them start to jump. They still teleported to me, when I moved far enough away.
I'm going to assume you didn't read the description and just downloaded straight away. It probably won't work on Mobile

I don't know how to add more bots can you show me how
um how do i add more bots?
The easiest way to do this is to make a shortcut in your SRB2 folder to srb2win.exe, and add the following to the "target" line:
-config config-bot.cfg -connect localhost

The target would look something like:
"D:\Games\SRB2\srb2win.exe" -config config-bot.cfg -connect localhost
If you'd like to add more bots, make more shortcuts using different config files (e.g. config-bot2.cfg, config-bot3.cfg, etc.)

Run the game as normal and start a multiplayer game (private/unlisted server is fine). Alt-tab and run those shortcuts you created to connect the bot clients. Once in-game, use Player Setup to set its name/skin/color as usual, then open the console and type setbot 0 to have it follow you. Repeat for each bot. See this link for more info!

Speaking of multiple bots, why am I flickering when both Knuckles and I turn Super?
Oops - this is likely an oversight due to bots giving their leader 1s of flashing invulnerability when losing rings (e.g. when playing with ai_hurtmode enabled). I'll add this to the eventual todo list.

This should work fine on Android - currently when bots first load into the game, they'll wait a second or two before playing (since they're typically driving a real player). Were you able to get this working?

This should work fine on Android - currently when bots first load into the game, they'll wait a second or two before playing (since they're typically driving a real player). Were you able to get this working?

I was thinking that it was somehow some other addons I play with, like the multitude of character addons I always play with, so I tried to get the pair to the vanilla sonic and tails...
Nothing. They didn't move, but still displayed bot AI edits from other addons, such as roll the dice. At one point, i got the bot to go out of idle and face a different direction when walking around them, when the pair that was active wasn't sonic as the leader, and tails as the bot. I tried setbot 0 in both singleplayer, and on an unlisted server (which of course, didn't work, as there was no bot, and none that I could get...), each time getting a message saying the specified node was invalid... even when I typed it as setbot 0, and setbot 00, and never got a response. The last ti.e I put a comment about my difficulties, it qas on a custom map pack. I eventually tried it with just the addon alone, and it finally worked. I just don't know what addon causes this to break.

I got more than 1000 rings because a bot died multiple times in a single frame.
Instead of making all the bots follow a single player, I like to make them go as a train, example: bot1 follows player, bot2 follows bot1, bot3 follows bot2...

I play in Android and I still don't get it

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Can you make it easier to explain

I got more than 1000 rings because a bot died multiple times in a single frame.
Instead of making all the bots follow a single player, I like to make them go as a train, example: bot1 follows player, bot2 follows bot1, bot3 follows bot2...

Just like in the example pics for SRB2JTE.

Reference explanation aside, this is as close to more than one bot as we're getting this year. Fantastic job! :>

How do i add a bot in netgames?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

On android?
Unless you're playing on several phones, you can't. This requires multiple instances of SRB2 running on the same device (OR on multiple devices).

I for the life of me can't get this to work at all, I've made shortcuts with the target name and everything, but nothing seems to work. Would anyone be willing to help me out here?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back