Admittedly, I think Eggpack is fun to play with. Gives me the whole bad villain turned hero vibe.

The effort put into this character really shows with fluid animations and a fun kit to boot. I think I was around when you were making this, and truthfully, color me impressed with the way it turned out. Hopefully the battle stuff gets sorted out sooner rather than later, but I don't think it should be a priority to immediately get it done at the moment. Eggman is still fun to play outside of Battle.

Another one of my favorites along with Kirby and Derp.

Awwwww what? I mean I get Purps is bad now. But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association. Do you atleast have plans to give him abilities for BattleMode on your own?

But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association.
You would want to indirectly support that kind of individual, wouldn't you? It's quite understandable to not condone some people. This is the best thing to do in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Hey hey hey. I never said I'd support the guy. Here's the thing though. It's a script for a preexisting mod, it's not like he actually gets anything out of it being used. It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.

But either way, I just want to know if he has his own plans on making a new compatibility patch for Eggpack.

It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.
Like with the original creator of Minecraft? This would also be a good thing to do but the mod author is the one who can decide about it.

Anyway, let's stop talking about it and let's go back to the mod itself.

Robotnik deserved to be officially playable in a main game (without altering his gameplay like in SA2).

can you guys please shut up and talk about the character instead? this drama is over, stop talking about it

anyway, here's my review for eggpack: this is genuinely one of the most, if not THE most impressive character mods for srb2, the sprite work is vanilla quality with how polished and expressive it is, and he's just a joy to watch going through stages, his main ability, his jetpack, is fun if a bit broken, but his other abilities are what really appeal to me, being able to damage enemies while mid air despite not being in spinning frames is such a good send so often and makes me wish the vanilla characters could recurl in mid air to protect themselves, it also makes a lot of the bosses a lot more tolerable compared to someone like tails, the slide is really just a spin but the sound effect it makes and the sprites accompanying it make it feel really satisfying and fun to use, overall, this should be a stable for every vanilla server being run with how high quality it is, it's genuinely really great

To remind you in case you missed it cause of this drama, Eggpack is supported by Jeck's 3d models but its rotation doesn't work in Special Stages.

-NiGHTs mode rotations on custom characters; NiGHTs requires a separate lump in characters wads for models to rotate correctly. Character creators, see the vanilla cast's files and check for "SPRTINFO." Add one to your character if you want it's model to not look like an Arwing.

Alright, I'll address this one final time so we can simply move on from this whole drama.
Awwwww what? I mean I get Purps is bad now. But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association. Do you atleast have plans to give him abilities for BattleMode on your own?
Hey hey hey. I never said I'd support the guy. Here's the thing though. It's a script for a preexisting mod, it's not like he actually gets anything out of it being used. It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.

But either way, I just want to know if he has his own plans on making a new compatibility patch for Eggpack.

Purps, or more accurately Sapheros, in case you don't know is a pedophile. I don't care if his script was "good" or "fun". I refuse to let anything related to him stay in an Addon I put in so much sweat and tears into, no matter the cost. I much rather have no BattleMod ability than having anything related to a known pedophile. It's mindboggling that I have to explain this, but I know I did the right thing.
Also, why yes, I could take the script and run with it, I would be breaking a very basic "don't steal other people's work" rule. Yes, he's a horrible being, but that doesn't justify stealing. That's just low. And again, it wouldn't remove his prescence from the addon, which is what I want to do.

If you care that much for BattleMod that you call this a "downgrade", let me tell you that we are working on an update.

Since it looks like most people ignored the message to "Don't discuss this any further", I'll just repeat it here.

To end this on a positive note, thank you so much for your support guys. I'm glad you're enjoying Eggpack, it motivates me a lot to keep working on my projects. Hopefully drama of this scale ever happens again.

XFGfYYa.png

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

forgive me if the image is to big
but yeah, this is how it feels like playing Eggpack: Tails with the ability to break spikes

For the sake of complaining about something other than "muh battlemod" there is one criticism I have with the mod, and even then it is a rather silly nitpick at most (which should be a testament to how excellent and polished this mod is): In Netgames, whenever Eggman goes Super and rips off his shirt, his shirt turns into the default red. I can understand WHY this is the case, seeing as his mustache is what turns golden when it goes Super, but it still irks me when I am playing as an aqua-colored eggman and his shirt turns red.

Something that I've known for a very long time is a dumb trick.
If you transform into Super Eggman, and stay flying after you run out of rings
You still have infinite flight

Pretty cool mod, like the Sonic after the sequel reference.

But I do wish you make a version without the meme scream, not a big fan of the real time dubs

Pretty cool mod, like the Sonic after the sequel reference.

But I do wish you make a version without the meme scream, not a big fan of the real time dubs

I mean... it doesn't sound that often, and even then, what did you expect? Someone would have added those sound effects sooner or later. The only thing you could ask is a command to enable or disable the SA2 dub voice.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back