DirkTheHusky

Team Kinetic RPG
I've decided to make a map pack out of the levels that I've previously made. This little map pack contains the mania cup, a re-creation of a map hell map from the base game, and a hell map itself

Mania Cup:

This cup is self-explanatory. It includes the same special stages from Sonic mania and makes them into a race track with some minor edits. Special Stage 3 exists in the Swap cup and Special Stage 7 is in map hell. These maps are also in the CCCP pack. However, I've gave some changes to these maps to fix some issues and move them to their own map slots that are free. hopefully...

MAPAG - SM Special Stage 1 (Mania Cup 1)
attachment.php

Map changes:
- Outside wall boundaries now have the spring panel effect.

MAPAH - SM Special Stage 2 (Mania Cup 2)
attachment.php

Map changes:
- Area where the meme cut originally was is now an actual pit.

MAPAI - SM Special Stage 4 (Mania Cup 3)
attachment.php

Map changes:
- Ramp jump is now a sloped spring panel instead of a sloped speed ramp.
- Blocked off end path after the ramp jump. This fixes an exploit where players can backtrack using the sneakers.

MAPAJ - SM Special Stage 5 (Mania Cup 4)
attachment.php

Map changes:
- Removed all speed ramps in the map.
- Replaced the left path with a pit and blocked it off.

MAPAK - SM Special Stage 6 (Mania Cup FINAL)
attachment.php

Map changes:
- Added capped spring panel after the boost pad section. This is to make sure racers don't attempt to backtrack at a certain point of the race.

Pac Cup(?):

No info on this cup since its only one race track for it. Rest of the tracks may or may not be made.

MAPAL - PWR Retro Maze - Remake (Pac Cup 1)
attachment.php

This is the remake of SRB2Kart's Retro Maze in the map hell section. Changes between the remake and the original is quite pac-ing. The race track is bigger, turns are less obnoxious to navigate, and a unique skybox. Filled with pac-dots, bonus fruits, and Pac-Man himself that watches over the racers. He dabs a lot don't shame me okay? This map also contains doors that can be opened in certain points of the race track. This is used for players that are really behind to catch up. Can't guarantee that it works 100% of the time. It may be fixed in a future update?

This map is accessible while the original still stays in the map hell. The map hell version is also renamed to "PWR Retro Maze Classic" to avoid confusion.

Map hell:

MAPAK - SM Special Stage 7
attachment.php

The last special stage get its treatment in the map hell section. Be careful on where you drive as there are less bumpers to keep you safe. One false move can lead you to your doom, especially on that red spring panel jump!

Map changes:
- Added capped spring panels at the start of the map.
- Speed ramp is now a red spring panel. Used to land on the track easier and less leading to pits.

This map pack includes 50+ textures and flats that were created for the sake of the recreated special stages. it also includes custom map objects for the PWR Retro Maze Recreation.

Credits:
D00D64: Providing me the Pac-Man. :pacsmug:

Attachments

• kart0018.png
    kart0018.png
    91 KB · Views: 8,250
  • kart0019.png
    kart0019.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 7,137
  • kart0020.png
    kart0020.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 7,222
  • kart0021.png
    kart0021.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 6,944
  • kart0022.png
    kart0022.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 6,967
  • kart0023.png
    kart0023.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 6,688
  • kart0024.png
    kart0024.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 6,552
  • KR_DirkRandomMaps-V1.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,352
Last edited:
Neat! Y'know, this gives me an idea. Maybe kart could use these as actual special stages for bonus character unlocks!

Cool! But in the description I noticed that Special stages 6 and 7 both share the map line MAPAK. For Special Stage 7 did you mean MAPAM?

DirkTheHusky updated Dirk's random kart maps - Mania Cup + a remake with a new update entry:

v1.1 - new map and several map fixes

Been a long time since this map pack came on. Got bored one day and decided to map a kart map for the pack (Probably my first actual map that isn't a port or remake). This update features one new race track and several map improvements.

Jade Coast Zone:
View attachment 52194

Jade Coast Zone from the popular final demo era map pack; Mystic Realm. With brand new custom textures and level design seen in a work in progress Mystic Realm Community Edition. Here you'll be racing on a...
Issue resolved. Map pack can now be downloaded by clicking the orange button on the top of the thread as intended.

Last edited:
DirkTheHusky updated Dirk's random kart maps - New race track with a new update entry:

v1.2.0 - new pack name and tweaks to Jade Coast

Figured I touch up Jade Coast to make the track a bit shorter. Mostly to the underwater area because its too long and its a bit difficult to tranverse through. Also the pack goes by a new name called "Element Driftways". I felt like its a more suitable name and random is redundant at this point.

-- General --

Renamed Dirk's Random Map Pack to Element Driftways.

-- Jade Coast --

- Trimmed the underwater path and made it easier to tranverse through.
- Lowered slope on the safetly catch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back