This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

So2ro

The Engineer
This wad has nothing to do with Gaga Hax's srb2hub, its only inspired by it, also keep in mind this features spoilers for the entirety of srb2

attachment.php

Originally inspired by srb2hub, Srb2 Stations offers modders alike a place to test out interactions with the majority of gimmicks and enemies from vanilla srb2, without having to do the tedious process of loading the stage and finding the thing to test your char/lua on.

What it currently features
- Most of srb2's gimmicks (except polyobjects) organized by the zone they appear in.
attachment.php

- A big open space for you to run on.
attachment.php

- A simple challenge of finding all of the hidden chaos emeralds, i wonder what they unlock...

Changelog
V1.2.2 - Fang can now get first emerald by hitting the boosters, not alot on this one.
V1.2.1 - Open space no longer has antigrav bcause why did it have it in the first place, fixed some death pits, prob optimized something idk
V1.2 - Added 2d section close to the void, lazily pasted in some rope hangers, added some slopes in the open space and some wall spikes in the ACZ section
v1.1 - Completely removed teleporters to avoid sigsegvs, restructured the void room entrance for it, other teleporters have been replaced with death pits, also one of the emeralds is easier to access
v1.0.1 - Fixed a red texture and the csay text
v1 - Initial release

Credits
- The srb2 wiki for being great at explaining how to setup every object and gimmick.

- Larz T.#2923 On discord for pointing me to some linedef executors i needed and also recommending some music choices that i didnt end up using sorreh ;c

- Everyone on the srb2 discord for helping me out when i needed it.

Boing
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20150.jpg
    srb20150.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 25,341
  • srb20151.jpg
    srb20151.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 13,118
  • srb20499.gif
    179.1 KB · Views: 11,891
  • srb20170.jpg
    srb20170.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11,867
  • VS_Srb2Station-v1.2.2.7z
    172.1 KB · Views: 6,743
Last edited:
Not a problem at all! Glad to see that everything worked out the way it was intended. My only nitpick about the cechos is that it's way too short for my liking but that's about it.

I like the idea behind the level itself as a testing ground for SRB2 gimmicks and as a museum. The novelty itself makes this wholesome. I also like the design for each mini area as well as the bonus section for other gimmicks. I ran into one bug with Amy when I jumped out of her hug twice, I got a sigsev.

Also RIP RPers and Gay Baby Jail Act 19.

The fact you added in an Emerald Hunt makes me so happy, incredible map!
Also, getting the Purple Emerald seems impossible with Sonic Alone, the spring just isn't powerful enough to reach the ledge, might wanna fix that

Last edited:
v1.1 - Completely removed teleporters to avoid sigsegvs, restructured the void room entrance for it, other teleporters have been replaced with death pits, also one of the emeralds is easier to access

About the amy crashes, uh idk, dont let her hug you?

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be any rope hangs, wall spikes, high angle slopes or a section to test 2d mode functions, unless I missed any of them. (admittedly some high slopes can be found by just loading up GFZ)

There doesn't seem to be any rope hangs, wall spikes, high angle slopes or a section to test 2d mode functions, unless I missed any of them. (admittedly some high slopes can be found by just loading up GFZ)

Actually i forgot about those

V1.2 - Added 2d section close to the void, lazily pasted in some rope hangers, added some slopes in the open space and some wall spikes in the ACZ section

The new 2d section is really helpful! Even has a one-way platform and an extreme slope in it. Also appreciate the inclusion of non-moving versions of the spikes.

Am I the only one who really likes things like this not just as a testing aid, but simply to explore? It kind of reminds me of walking around one of those science museums that's full of interactive stuff.

This is a fantastic map. I'm kind of surprised no one has thought of it before.

As a minor suggestion, I'm not sure it makes sense for the open space to also be a low gravity area. The open space is also where you have slope testing, and the speed you travel up/down slopes in different under low gravity.

This is a fantastic map. I'm kind of surprised no one has thought of it before.

As a minor suggestion, I'm not sure it makes sense for the open space to also be a low gravity area. The open space is also where you have slope testing, and the speed you travel up/down slopes in different under low gravity.

Old me forgot that having anti grav on the open space section defeats the purpose of having one

V1.2.1 - Open space no longer has antigrav bcause why did it have it in the first place, fixed some death pits, prob optimized something idk

This map having everything in one place helped me identify and fix several buggy interactions for the next version of revi. Very useful and cuts down on testing time by quite a bit.

This is awesome! Though, i do have a couple suggestions. I'm not an RP person myself, especially not in this game, but i enjoyed the RP area from SRB2Hub. That plus the level entrances made it feel like it has a purpose beyond just debugging- i appreciate that this makes debugging much easier, between the built-in test map, the item debugging room, and all the enemies and whatnot. However... It feels like it's purely for that purpose. It's not something i'd use for more than 10 minutes just to dick around in and find the emeralds.

I do have a few suggestions but at this point, it'd practically be an entire redesign, but i wanna get it out there nonetheless.
For one; turn the current level-themed areas into purely level entrances with some design inspired by the levels themselves. Include different act entrances, like Hub did!
Two; move the Debug stuff to a different area. Having it shoved in the back corner of the level themed areas just feels... kinda inappropriate, i guess? It definitely is a huge enough feature to warrant its own area. The joke RP section could be where it'd go.
Beyond that, i'd love to see an RP area in the opposite end of the entrance hallway. Again, not an RP person, but it just adds a little bit of life to the whole thing, and gives me a reason to come back and dick around with friends.

Maybe eventually i'll make my own map like this, and include all of this stuff. I'm super inexperienced with zone builder, but what the heck, who knows. But anyway, these are just my own personal thoughts and i know it's a whole lot to expect, so i don't expect to see any of this. Those are just my suggestions, yknow?

I was doing a SRB2Station Exploration with all characters and collecting all emeralds, but then I found a problem...
srb20017.png

Fang can't collect the 1st Emerald on the GFZ section because he can't spin.

QUICK NOTE: The modified HUD is the Sonic Megamix 5.0a HUD, and the life icon is part of the BattleCharTweaks mod.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back