SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Eggpack Remake! [v2 Reversion] Details »»
Eggpack Remake! [v2 Reversion]
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (12 votes - 4.50 average)
Released: 02-07-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 15
Characters

Eggman returns to SRB2, and this time with a fresh new coat of paint!

Metal Robotnik has taken over his base in Egg Rock, turning all of Eggman's robots against him - as well as sending copies of the man himself to stop him. With no other choice, Eggman has to side with Sonic and Friends to take down his robotic double! But, he's come prepared!
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20036.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	26263

Name:  XTRAC0.png
Views: 19585
Size:  777 BytesAbilities Name:  XTRAC0.png
Size:  777 Bytes

Eggpack!

As the name would imply, Eggman uses his patented Jetpack to fly around stages or swim underwater. This is a very useful ability for him, since his jump height is slightly lower than Sonic and Tails'. Be mindful of the fuel, because Eggman will drop like a brick!

Name:	srb20077.gif
Views:	1592
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	26259

(NEW) Eggburst!

Need a quick burst of speed? By overloading the jetpack, Eggman can now burst forwards at full speed! Be careful though, it will leave you wide open and you won't be able to fly after it! Also, you'll easily bounce off walls, so watch for pits!

Name:	srb20028.gif
Views:	788
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	27371Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20029.gif
Views:	607
Size:	6.36 MB
ID:	27372

Slide!

Since Eggman doesn't know how to curl up into a ball without crushing his bones, he figured out his best way to squeeze through tights gaps is by sliding! He is also able to destroy breakable walls, floors and spikes with this! Press the spin button while moving and you'll slide wherever you want to. Just mind the cactuses!

Name:	srb20052.gif
Views:	1280
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	26260

Heavyweight!

Due to Eggman's uh... size, he's able to damage enemies by falling onto them without needing to jump! This makes it possible to bounce around enemies while flying, or even falling!

Name:	srb20081.gif
Views:	1148
Size:	5.17 MB
ID:	26264

Size:  777 BytesExtras Name:  XTRAC0.png

Eggman has quite a few lil extra features to make playing him a more enjoyable experience. I greatly reccomend that you go out and try and find out everything! But if you rather know what these extras are, check it out:
Spoiler: Extra content
  • Grayscale Eggman Bosses!
  • Unique NiGHTS sprites!
  • 2 Rare Hurt Sound Effects!
  • A tiny egg
  • Fireworks!
  • Spinning hurt animation
  • family guy death pose
  • And an intense hatred for furries after getting all emeralds

Again, I seriously reccomend you find these out for your own! I'm sure at least one of these will get a chuckle out of you.

Size:  777 BytesSpecial Thanks! Name:  XTRAC0.png

These great people helped me a ton with remaking Eggpack once and for all, and I can't thank any of you enough for it.

Size:  777 BytesMotdSpork!
Helped a ton with Lua, especially with the Slide, some sound effect shenanigans and tons of feedback. Thank you so much dude, Eggpack wouldn't have such cool effects if it wasn't for you!
Size:  777 BytesIcezer!
For making the grayscale Eggman bosses script! Thanks a bunch!!
Size:  777 BytesTheKingOfPeinguins, Pathonaut and Katmint
Thank you to the first two for making the original eggpack port so I could work on it easier! Thank you Katmint for making the original holdfly, and Pathonaut for adapting it to Eggpack!
Size:  777 BytesThe SRB2 Discord
For all the feedback and support through this project of mine. You all helped me so much getting through this and I can't thank you enough. I hope you enjoy Eggpack as much as I enjoyed making him.

Spoiler: Changelog
V1
Initial Release
V1.1 Hotfix
Now you can break floors, making DSZ2 beatable with any route
V2
  • Added Eggburst.
  • When fighting Eggman bosses while playing as Eggpack, they will be grayscaled clones.
  • Fixed Eggman suddendly becoming buff or turning into his regular form while in NiGHTS.
  • Changed Eggman's height to 60.
  • Improved swimming animation.
  • Raised all sprites to ground level (Before, he clipped through the floor. This was pretty noticeable with 2.2.1's dropshadows.)
  • Added TIRE frames for Super Eggman.
  • New CSS art, and modified description.
  • Converted to .PK3 file.
  • Lowered the rare sound clips' volume.
  • While flying, bumping into a wall will make you bounce off of it slightly.
V2 Reversion
I've been informed that the user known as Purps has been identified as a problematic member, to put it lightly. Eggpack will now be reverted to his original state, without BattleMod abilities.
Please, all I ask is that you do not host with version 3 or onwards.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 VCL_EggPackRE-v2.pk3 (703.2 KB, 4155 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 05-20-2020   #62
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

Admittedly, I think Eggpack is fun to play with. Gives me the whole bad villain turned hero vibe.

The effort put into this character really shows with fluid animations and a fun kit to boot. I think I was around when you were making this, and truthfully, color me impressed with the way it turned out. Hopefully the battle stuff gets sorted out sooner rather than later, but I don't think it should be a priority to immediately get it done at the moment. Eggman is still fun to play outside of Battle.

Another one of my favorites along with Kirby and Derp.
  `ヽ_っ_/ ̄ ̄ ̄/
       \/___/
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #63
Neku Sakuraba
Regrets User Name Choice

Awwwww what? I mean I get Purps is bad now. But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association. Do you atleast have plans to give him abilities for BattleMode on your own?
Old 05-22-2020   #64
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association.
You would want to indirectly support that kind of individual, wouldn't you? It's quite understandable to not condone some people. This is the best thing to do in my humble opinion.

Last edited by Icarus; 05-22-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #65
Neku Sakuraba
Regrets User Name Choice

Hey hey hey. I never said I'd support the guy. Here's the thing though. It's a script for a preexisting mod, it's not like he actually gets anything out of it being used. It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.

But either way, I just want to know if he has his own plans on making a new compatibility patch for Eggpack.
Old 05-22-2020   #66
Apollyon Woman
Homestuck Trash

He is still compatible with battlemod, he's simply just a clone of tails again which is better than nothing.
Apollyon Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #67
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.
Like with the original creator of Minecraft? This would also be a good thing to do but the mod author is the one who can decide about it.

Anyway, let's stop talking about it and let's go back to the mod itself.

Robotnik deserved to be officially playable in a main game (without altering his gameplay like in SA2).
Old 05-23-2020   #68
Claudiadoe

can you guys please shut up and talk about the character instead? this drama is over, stop talking about it

anyway, here's my review for eggpack: this is genuinely one of the most, if not THE most impressive character mods for srb2, the sprite work is vanilla quality with how polished and expressive it is, and he's just a joy to watch going through stages, his main ability, his jetpack, is fun if a bit broken, but his other abilities are what really appeal to me, being able to damage enemies while mid air despite not being in spinning frames is such a good send so often and makes me wish the vanilla characters could recurl in mid air to protect themselves, it also makes a lot of the bosses a lot more tolerable compared to someone like tails, the slide is really just a spin but the sound effect it makes and the sprites accompanying it make it feel really satisfying and fun to use, overall, this should be a stable for every vanilla server being run with how high quality it is, it's genuinely really great
Claudiadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020   #69
Dabir
Nitpicker

To remind you in case you missed it cause of this drama, Eggpack is supported by Jeck's 3d models but its rotation doesn't work in Special Stages.

Quote:
-NiGHTs mode rotations on custom characters; NiGHTs requires a separate lump in characters wads for models to rotate correctly. Character creators, see the vanilla cast's files and check for "SPRTINFO." Add one to your character if you want it's model to not look like an Arwing.
Dabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020   #70
DrStephen
[Sheer terror]

Alright, I'll address this one final time so we can simply move on from this whole drama.
Quote:
Awwwww what? I mean I get Purps is bad now. But you shouldn't have to downgrade a good character just because of association. Do you atleast have plans to give him abilities for BattleMode on your own?
Hey hey hey. I never said I'd support the guy. Here's the thing though. It's a script for a preexisting mod, it's not like he actually gets anything out of it being used. It's more like "Forget you, I'm taking this script for myself since you're a horrible person and don't deserve to be credited for it." and there's nothing he can even do about it.

But either way, I just want to know if he has his own plans on making a new compatibility patch for Eggpack.
Spoiler: Sensitive stuff
Purps, or more accurately Sapheros, in case you don't know is a pedophile. I don't care if his script was "good" or "fun". I refuse to let anything related to him stay in an Addon I put in so much sweat and tears into, no matter the cost. I much rather have no BattleMod ability than having anything related to a known pedophile. It's mindboggling that I have to explain this, but I know I did the right thing.
Also, why yes, I could take the script and run with it, I would be breaking a very basic "don't steal other people's work" rule. Yes, he's a horrible being, but that doesn't justify stealing. That's just low. And again, it wouldn't remove his prescence from the addon, which is what I want to do.

If you care that much for BattleMod that you call this a "downgrade", let me tell you that we are working on an update.

Since it looks like most people ignored the message to "Don't discuss this any further", I'll just repeat it here.

To end this on a positive note, thank you so much for your support guys. I'm glad you're enjoying Eggpack, it motivates me a lot to keep working on my projects. Hopefully drama of this scale ever happens again.

Also I do art follow me kthx
https://twitter.com/Gianluu1999
DrStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020   #71
Daviroll_Limit
Living my dreams as always

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

forgive me if the image is to big
but yeah, this is how it feels like playing Eggpack: Tails with the ability to break spikes
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My Twitter Account (fixed the link, plus the account is no more on hiatus)
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020   #72
furrless

(ignore this post) :)

Last edited by furrless; 08-12-2020 at 06:50 AM.
furrless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020   #73
furrless

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hegehog.png
Views:	228
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	36787  
furrless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #74
timtheawsome2