SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Characters

Mindacos' Poke'n'Chao Pack! Details »»
Mindacos' Poke'n'Chao Pack!
Developer Last Online: Dec 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 08-18-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 2
Characters Re-Useable Content

After weeks of delays and delays and even more delays, it's here!
The pack's main contents are the pokémon and the chao OCs that I've been working on. Most of these were made a while ago but haven't been public until today, so I hope you enjoy them!

The Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Jumpluff

Weight 1
Speed 8
The Cottonweed Pokémon joins the race! After scattering its cotton spores all around the world, Jumpluff is here to jump it's way into first place!
This character contains BOTH english and japanese voice packs. Use whichever one you prefer!

Victini

Weight 3
Speed 5
The Victory Pokémon joins the race! Rumored to always bring victory with it's infinite energy, there's no doubt that with Victini, you'll always win!

Whimsicott

Weight 1
Speed 7
The Windveiled Pokémon joins the race! This mischievous little prankster has a few tricks up it's sleeve. Can you help this fluffy pokemon make it's way to first place, or will you ride along the winds?
Currently, only the japanese voice pack is released. I plan on doing an english voice pack at some point, but I don't feel like working on it because I really don't like it's english voice.

Wooper

Weight 1
Speed 1
The Water Fish Pokémon is ready to race... with it's feet?! Yup! Since Wooper does not have arms, it needs to steer the wheel with it's own feet. But... how is the car accelerating then?
the answer may shock you

The Chao:

Spoiler:

Starter Pack:

Spoiler:

Big D

Weight 4
Speed 6
Here come the big guns! Big D is a Dark/Run/Run chao that always goes all out in each race he's in. What does the D stand for? If you beat him in a race, he will tell you!

King-II

Weight 6
Speed 4
King-II, son of King I. This Neutral/Power/Fly chao inherited a fortune from his father, which he's using to build his own empire. He will not rest until everything is in his own image. Bow down!

Flare

Weight 2
Speed 5
The protagonist of The Chao Adventures! This Neutral/Fly chao has a lot of stories to tell, being around for lots dimention-shattering time-traveling shenanigans. He's a very competitive chao that never turns down an opportunity to race!
This was a birthday gift for my buddy CGBuster/ChaoGardenBuster. We both hope you enjoy this as much as he did, and maybe check him out sometime! #shamelessplug

Pack #1:

Originally, I planned to tease this as something I would work on in the near future. But all the delays gave me time to actually finish some of the characters here, so we got an early head start!

Spoiler:

Midelle

Weight 1
Speed 5
Ever wished upon a star? Midelle is a passionate hero/swim/run chao with lots of hopes and dreams. Though she tries to keep it a secret, racing is one of her favorite hobbies, and she's good at it too!

Fuego

Weight 7
Speed 7
Caliente! This Dark/Power/Power chao is the last remnant of an ancient fire chao tribe. Unfortunately, using fireballs is illegal in the race track, so he'll have to put his experience to good use. Make sure you tread carefully when he's around, otherwise you'll likely be turned into cenizas!

Deedee

Weight 4
Speed 8
Deedee is a very happy go-lucky hero/swim/power chao. Despite her appearance, she's quite fast behind the wheel which makes her a bit hard to control. Can you help this carefree chao make her way to the finish line?

Riny

Weight 5
Speed 6
Guess who? It's Riny! Riny is a Dark/Power/Normal chao that wants to live a normal life, but his friends' antics are way too much for him to handle. Why is he in the racing track? Maybe he wants to relax from all the stress he gets from all the insanity, who knows?

Special Guests:

Spoiler:

Coming soon!

FAQ:

Spoiler:

Q: There's an issue with x character, when you will fix it?
A: I don't check the forums often, so the fastest way to contact me about any issues with my characters is via discord: mindacos#6969

Q: Why are the chao not around the stats of the vanilla chao characters?(1-2 weight and speed)
A: I've thought about this for a bit and the answer here basically boils down to: I have a lot more chao planned for the future. If they were all around the same stats, they'd be nothing more than clones of eachother which would be pretty lame. I was pretty liberal with the stat spreads, so I tried to gauge them by how they'd compare against eachother rather than against the rest of the cast. I hope this is a good enough explaination!

Q: Are you planning on making 3D models for any of your racers?
A: At some point, sure! That's a pretty big undertaking though, and it'd probably be a bit overwhelming to do all on my own. We'll see where that goes in due time.

Q: I'm interested in adding your character(s) to my server, but I only want to do x character(s). Is that okay?
A: Go for it! I'd like to see my characters be used in as many servers as possible, even if they're spread out. I just enjoy seeing people enjoying my work.

Changelog:

v.2.0: All characters now have support for trick frames in acromod! You'll need to use the KCL files since those contain the .lua script, but the KC files are still included in case you want to use my characters for time trials.

Also, 1 new character have been added: Riny!

Separate character updates:
Midelle v1.1: Minor additional details. Updated Wanted icon. Prefcolor changed to Fuchsia.
Deedee v1.1: Fixed some color issues. Tweaked some sprites. Prefcolor changed to Fuchsia.
Fuego v1.1: Fixed some color issues. Placing icon tweaked slightly.
Big D v2.0: Completely re-made from the ground up! Looking back at these sprites after such a long while I decided it was time for a makeover, and so I did. The most noticeable changes are the wanted icon and the flag, and the extra shading detail as well as fixed proportions and a new prefcolor(Swamp).
King-II v1.1: Fixed some shading issues. Minor detail changes.
Flare v1.1: Minor detail changes.
Jumpluff v1.4: Minor detail changes. Swapped slow and attack horns for JP voice. Prefcolor changed to Jet.
Victini v1.4: Fixed proportions and shading. Updated hurt sprites. Placing icon tweaked slightly.
Wooper v1.1: Adjusted colors to better fit more prefcolors. Fixed gloat and hitconfirm sfx.
Whimsicott v1.1: Minor detail changes. Fixed all sprites being off by 1 pixel.

Credits to Angular for Acrobatics mod and acrobatics .lua, check it out: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=47566

Spoiler:

v.1.1: Added 2 new characters! Wooper and Deedee.
Character updates:
Victini - v1.3: Changed the lose voice clip.

v1: Initial pack release! Also includes a few tweaks for my first two characters:
Jumpluff - v1.3:Added Japanese voice pack. Tweaked the overall anatomy to better fit the other characters, and to better align itself. Flag was also fixed.
Victini - v1.2: New flag!

Sound credits:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Anime
Pokémon Movie - White, Victini and Zekrom
Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond
Sonic Adventure DX + Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Motorhead(various songs - Lemmy Kilmster)
Age of Empires II
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition

(if i'm missing any credits, please let me know!)

Download Now

File Type: zip KCL_PokenChaoPackSeparate-v2.zip (6.65 MB, 48 views)
File Type: pk3 KC_PokenChaoPackEN-v2.pk3 (3.45 MB, 23 views)
File Type: pk3 KC_PokenChaoPackJP-v2.pk3 (2.88 MB, 12 views)
File Type: pk3 KCL_PokenChaoPackEN-v2.pk3 (3.58 MB, 22 views)
File Type: pk3 KCL_PokenChaoPackJP-v2.pk3 (3.01 MB, 14 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0000.gif
Views:	670
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	40935   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0002.gif
Views:	691
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	40936   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0003.gif
Views:	684
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	40937   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0004.gif
Views:	689
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	40938   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0005.gif
Views:	682
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	40939  

Name:	kart0006.gif
Views:	667
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	40940   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0007.gif
Views:	677
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	40941   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0008.gif
Views:	667
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	40942   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0009.gif
Views:	683
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	40943   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0010.gif
Views:	683
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	40944  

Name:	kart0011.gif
Views:	666
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	40945   Click image for larger version

Name:	pack 1.png
Views:	661
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	40947   Click image for larger version

Name:	character sheet.png
Views:	674
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	40948  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-18-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases! As for your old topics, we don't have rules for that, so that's up for you to decide what to do with. Regarding voice, ifs fine, but it could have been done through the means of an alternative voice pack that you have as a secondary file, instead of reuploading the whole thing with different voices for one or a few characters. Regarding the Chart of Characters, we judges don't have anything to do with that. so I'll just leave the message for the wiki users to read. If you wanna link whatever Chao Adventures is in your post for the sake of context, go ahead.

Last edited by D00D64; 08-18-2020 at 07:40 PM.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020   #3
Mindacos

v1.1 is out!
2 New characters have been added: Wooper and Deedee.
Victini has been updated to v1.3(I changed the lose voice clip).
Mindacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020   #4
Aaron0000

If you ever do a v2 of Wooper, you might consider having it bite the steering wheel to turn and use the feet or tail to accelerate.

In the mean time, have a happy Wooper:
Aaron0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020   #5
Mindacos

v2.0 is out: TRICK FRAMES!!!

The biggest update so far, all characters now have support for trick frames in acromod! You'll need to use the KCL files since those contain the .lua script, but the KC files are still included in case you want to use my characters for time trials.

Also, 1 new character have been added: Riny!(he's on the far right on the gif above)

Separate character updates:
Midelle v1.1: Minor additional details. Updated Wanted icon. Prefcolor changed to Fuchsia.
Deedee v1.1: Fixed some color issues. Tweaked some sprites. Prefcolor changed to Fuchsia.
Fuego v1.1: Fixed some color issues. Placing icon tweaked slightly.
Big D v2.0: Completely re-made from the ground up! Looking back at these sprites after such a long while I decided it was time for a makeover, and so I did. The most noticeable changes are the wanted icon and the flag, and the extra shading detail as well as fixed proportions and a new prefcolor(Swamp).
King-II v1.1: Fixed some shading issues. Minor detail changes.
Flare v1.1: Minor detail changes.
Jumpluff v1.4: Minor detail changes. Swapped slow and attack horns for JP voice. Prefcolor changed to Jet.
Victini v1.4: Fixed proportions and shading. Updated hurt sprites. Placing icon tweaked slightly.
Wooper v1.1: Adjusted colors to better fit more prefcolors. Fixed gloat and hitconfirm sfx.
Whimsicott v1.1: Minor detail changes. Fixed all sprites being off by 1 pixel.

Credits to Angular for Acrobatics mod and acrobatics .lua, check it out: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=47566

Last edited by Mindacos; 10-26-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Mindacos is offline   Reply With Quote